• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rail vs. Convoy

Mike2xz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Dark Horse, '23 Prius 🤣
Hey guys,

I had never bought a new car until I decided to pull the trigger on a Dark Horse. I mostly stick around the sn95/terminator cobras. My car went into production this week and I have yet to get my window sticker, but I am wondering, what's the difference between a rail delivery and a convoy delivery? I've seen many people saying that rail deliveries have been stuck or not moving, but not much about what a convoy is. Is one safer for the car? (paint, dents, etc...) Is one faster? Or is it hard to say which is better. My car's being delivered to Texas for reference.
Sponsored

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Its all BS. Mine says Convoy, yet its been a month since it shipped via rail and still not at the dealership.

All depends on how your dealership receives cars. I'm not aware of any that left via Convoy straight to the dealership. Most cars actually going on rail for at least part of the delivery.

OP
OP
Mike2xz

Mike2xz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its all BS. Mine says Convoy, yet its been a month since it shipped via rail and still not at the dealership.

All depends on how your dealership receives cars. I'm not aware of any that left via Convoy straight to the dealership. Most cars actually going on rail for at least part of the delivery.
Ah okay, good to know. I can't imagine why it would take longer than a month for a seemingly 1-2 week drive max. Ford must be having some serious issues.

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
It's all logistics... They have to have enough cars going to the same area to fill a train car, then the train has many stops to switch rail cars. then the trucking companies have to have enough cars for a truckload and enough drivers to do the driving, etc. etc.

OP
OP
Mike2xz

Mike2xz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's all logistics... They have to have enough cars going to the same area to fill a train car, then the train has many stops to switch rail cars. then the trucking companies have to have enough cars for a truckload and enough drivers to do the driving, etc. etc.
That gets me nervous about damage, but I'll hope for the best. I literally just got my window sticker with a blend date of 9/21 and rail transport.
Sponsored