• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mustangs going by rail

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Just FYI autos going by rail more than likely will have rail dust to some degree and yes a real thing. The amount will depend on where your car is positioned on the train. I dont know if dealers are suppose to take care of this as part of dealer prep. Mine didn't on my 2011. Lucky my 2011 wasn't very bad and was able to use a spray to remove. Then I clayed and finished with a sealant.
Sponsored

donnytsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
That plus sitting on the lots for 2+ months.. the cars will definitely need paint correction by the time they arrive.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Just FYI autos going by rail more than likely will have rail dust to some degree and yes a real thing. The amount will depend on where your car is positioned on the train. I dont know if dealers are suppose to take care of this as part of dealer prep. Mine didn't on my 2011. Lucky my 2011 wasn't very bad and was able to use a spray to remove. Then I clayed and finished with a sealant.
Some paint safe Iron remover works great on rail dust. Dealership detailers are scary. My 2022 Civic has way too many scuff marks from what I can assume was dirty rags wiping the paint.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
dealers are supposed to get the vehicles in perfect condition for customers. it's worth noting, however, that things happen, people are imperfect, and sometimes certain things can be missed. great example: someone bought a 2022 GT500 Heritage CFTP w/ vinyl stripes from my dealer and discovered the next day orange spots on parts of the car. everyone had missed it; the railyard guys, transporter driver, PDI guy, detail guys, salesperson, and even the customer himself at one point, all because it had been cloudy for a few days and the spots only showed up in direct sunlight, and faintly at that. obviously, we had that fixed at no charge

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
So what you're saying, @roket, is let the dealer prep your car, but look it over really well on a sunny day before accepting delivery?

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
So what you're saying, @roket, is let the dealer prep your car, but look it over really well on a sunny day before accepting delivery?
yes, that is a good idea. that way, any damage is easy to see and the dealer can't claim you did it

Snakeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT Vert, 2011 Shelby GT500 Vert, 2020 BMW X5
dealers are supposed to get the vehicles in perfect condition for customers. it's worth noting, however, that things happen, people are imperfect, and sometimes certain things can be missed. great example: someone bought a 2022 GT500 Heritage CFTP w/ vinyl stripes from my dealer and discovered the next day orange spots on parts of the car. everyone had missed it; the railyard guys, transporter driver, PDI guy, detail guys, salesperson, and even the customer himself at one point, all because it had been cloudy for a few days and the spots only showed up in direct sunlight, and faintly at that. obviously, we had that fixed at no charge
My dealers detail team pressure washed parts of my Shelby hood Strips off! Pissed, dealer ordered parts and 2 weeks later received car w replaced hood stripes. Butt holes!

Last edited:

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
My dealers detail team pressure washed parts of my Shelby hood Strips hood off! Pissed, dealer ordered parts and 2 weeks later received car w replaced hood stripes. Butt holes!
yeah, some detail companies are not very good. the one that does detailing at my work used to have one good guy on the team, but he left and now does re-finish work, and will soon do tinting and vinyl too. he's awesome and great at basically everything he does. the rest of that company is pretty bad. they've broken their power washer, our power washer, the car wash, and done damage to multiple vehicles in various ways. i've seen them take GT500s, both new and old, as well as various other high value or profile vehicles through the automated car wash, which is not one of the no-touch ones. that's not even mentioning the attitude some of them have. one honked at a transporter driver delivering cars because he was in her way, and i've seen one of them do a small burnout in a customer car.
Sponsored