• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
There's been a lot of rumors, unclear info, hypothesis spread around the forums on how the manual scheduling for Dark Horse works. This has personally lead me to be excited/hopeful for every weekly scheduling update. However, it appears that this may not be necessary and in reality your dealer would know at the start of the month if your DH even has a chance of scheduling or not. So instead of spamming the Ford Support Chat every week or being let down by no progress/scheduling emails, just contact your dealer towards the beginning of each month and they should know if your car will have a chance of scheduling so THEN you can be excited for the weekly updates/emails! I'm sure there's some exceptions to this process, but that's the general idea.

I joined the Long McArthur stream last night to ask my question, and here was the answer:
  • Dealers will be told when they will be getting a Dark Horse allocation for scheduling/building
  • The process is going to be a bit newer (but not disclosing all delatils to general public?)
  • Dealers get a spreadsheet called "e-commitment" which outlines how many allocations you have
    • Dealers can request more (or in other cases say they do not need all of the allocations)
  • Dark Horse and Ranger Raptor going to be added to this e-commitment spreadsheet
    • Will be notified at the beginning of the month if they will have any allocations they can schedule
    • Dealer picks the order(s) to be built for the allocation(s)
  • They want to make it more automatic, but just starting to roll this out for 24 model year specialty cars
So maybe as of "right now" the dealers may get informed within days or less, or weekly, but they are going to move it to the monthly e-commitment spreadsheet (if they haven't already?). This was some peace of mind for me, so I can stop focusing on each weekly update and getting overly optimistic about being scheduled 🤣 I will just send my dealer an email once per month around maybe the 5th or so and hope they have an update for me!

watch at:
Sponsored

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Thanks for asking! I've asked this before but never got this detailed of an answer.

On another note, doesn't look like I'm getting scheduled this month becuase my dealer has no allocations. So that's fun.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
I spoke with my sales lady earlier this month. she didn't give any hint that one of their DHs was being scheduled. So I also sit with tempered expectations for the next few weeks.

Damian_21ST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Thanks for asking! I've asked this before but never got this detailed of an answer.

On another note, doesn't look like I'm getting scheduled this month becuase my dealer has no allocations. So that's fun.
Same here my dealer said they dont have any allocations but was told to be scheduled on the next available production week
Sponsored