• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Are you happy with your '24 GT? Would you buy it again? Any issues?

rkmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'31 Chrysler, '59 Galaxie, & now '24 Mustang GT
I just got that same message 2 days ago. Do I need to worry about it?
I don't think so. I've had mine since September '23 and have gotten the message a few times while the car was "stored" during wintery days. When a nice day comes along, I take it out without issue. Starts fine, everything remembered,... but if I cover it back up for more than a few days, I get that notice. I think that its essentially a "sleep mode" that doesn't send constant updates or watching/waiting for a Fob or passive key (Phone) to be present, all of which consume battery.

As Zig noted, no Welcome greeting, but the Fob works as soon as buttons are pressed. The car's just not looking for it.
Sponsored

rkmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'31 Chrysler, '59 Galaxie, & now '24 Mustang GT
To answer the OP's question, Yes, I would buy it again with the same configuration (might have added AVE) As mentioned, got it September and drove it quite a bit thru the fall. Put it away over the winter with the exception of a few nice days and can't wait for sprint to have it out more often again. Love the car, no real issues. Had a front grill louvre issue (likely happened during shipping), it was fixed and all good now.

myvaporblue5.0pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium/Vapor Blue/PP/401A
I don't think so. I've had mine since September '23 and have gotten the message a few times while the car was "stored" during wintery days. When a nice day comes along, I take it out without issue. Starts fine, everything remembered,... but if I cover it back up for more than a few days, I get that notice. I think that its essentially a "sleep mode" that doesn't send constant updates or watching/waiting for a Fob or passive key (Phone) to be present, all of which consume battery.

As Zig noted, no Welcome greeting, but the Fob works as soon as buttons are pressed. The car's just not looking for it.
Thanks @Zig & @rkmustang. This happened when my fiance' backed it out of the garage with my key fob and left it in the driveway while I am in the house with my cell phone & I get a notification from FordPass.

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
I absolutely LOVE my S650 aka Relámpago Blanco 2.0 Performance Package with Active Exhaust and 10 Spd Auto in Oxford White!!!! This one replaced my 2020 S550 PP1, 10 Spd Auto in Oxford White!! I had added the Ford Performance Catback Sport exhaust with CAI plus Ford tune on the 20’ and it was pretty Amazing imo!! Before that, I had a 2017 S550 Ecoboost in Lightning Blue (I think that’s the color) aka Lil Boy Blue!! I’ve also had 3 German sports cars (Porsche’s) and am glad I got to my 1st love which are Mustangs. So getting back to the original question …. I would, without a doubt, purchase another S650!! I almost gave up on mines cause I didn’t want to Spec Order and I couldn’t find the Spec I wanted down to the T but got damn close on an upgrade to Relámpago Blanco (see my profile pic 🤭🤭🤭). I too, have some add-on pieces enroute and waiting to be installed but pull the trigger and don’t look back!! Only one small issue regarding starting but it cleared itself in less that 5 minutes. Still, wouldn’t change a thing!!

You’re gonna LOVE your car!!

Last edited:

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I have a '24 GT on order - 301A, Active Exhaust and 3.55's. This will be my first Mustang and first new car in many, many years. I'm curious if your happy with your '24 GT and if you had it to do over again would you have purchased it? Also any issues with it at all?

I know a lot of people talk about not buying the first model year of a vehicle. Honestly I viewed the 24 Mustang GT as more of an evolution of the S550 as opposed to an entire new vehicle but maybe I'm mistaken? I know the interior is vastly different on these S650's but the more I read things it seems as though Ford made quite a few changes to the 5.0 but I'm wondering if all these changes are a good thing? It does seem like quite a few on this thread have had issues with their '24 GT's and some have had major issues (oil leaks, etc). I know this thread is probably (maybe) not a good overall snapshot of the quality and general happiness of the typical S650 GT owner as a lot of folks come to these message boards to post about issues they are having and look for solutions.

My plan is to own the GT for 10+years if possible but I'll admit I get more nervous by the day as I read more and more about issues folks are having with the S650 GT's. Like I mentioned, maybe (hopefully) the data I'm seeing (reading) is skewed as it seems as though a lot of people jump on these message boards to vent their frustrations, lol. It just seems like each day there is a new issue I'm reading about regarding QC (or lack there of) when it comes to the S650. To be fair, I think this is happening with all the major manufacturers but is it too much to ask to produce a great product especially for the insane prices that vehicles are selling for these days. It seems to be vehicles in general are over engineered now but that's probably not entirely the manufacturers fault as they must comply with all these government mandates.

Getting back to the S650 Mustang I'm not 100% sold on the screens but it's the way all the manufacturer's are making vehicles these days so it is what it is. In my mind I just think of it as being one more expensive repair bill if (when) they break. I know I read that some parts of the 5.0 Coyote engine are now plastic whereas in the recent past those same parts were made of metal. I know, I know other manufacturers doing the same thing but that surely doesn't make it right. The other issue that really bother's me is the holes in the inner front wheel wells. I know there is an aftermarket fix out there for this and some homemade remedies we can do but really the issue is we shouldn't have to do this in the first place. Depending on where you live and the time of year you drive your S650 this could really be a big issue a few years down the road.

It seems as though the S650 isn't really selling that well but maybe it's just the time of year? Like I mentioned I plan to keep this car 10+ years and drive it until the wheels fall off but I just hope and pray that I get a good one and I'm not buying a bunch of issues. Maybe the 'safe' play is waiting for the MY25 Mustang which will also be the 60th Anniversary as hopefully they have the kinks worked out by then? But then again I'm sure the car will be even more expensive for the 2025MY and really we need another car sooner rather than later. I guess maybe that's what an extended warranty is for:)
I took my gt for a road trip. It handles very well! So far my observations.

1) oddly positioned right elbow rest. It should be closer to the dash so you can rest on it while holding the steering wheel with your right hand.

2) turn signal indicator is too low on the screen, and you cannot see it properly unless you are positioned way higher than I like to be. The turn signal itself is really nice. You can click the stickto the left/right. Or just move it slightly to turn on the signal for 2 seconds after releasing it. Or you can hold the stick for several seconds without clicking it, and the turn signal turns off as soon as you release ir

3) carplay sometimes crashes, and you need to restart it while driving. It could be my phone’s fault too.

4) inner well holes are the most bizarre issue (see a thread on it)

5) lane keep function is not really usable— it starts dragging you erratically when trucks in the next lane. I only use it when I need to take my hands off the wheel on a clear open road for a few seconds, for example to reach into the glove compartment for something.

6) I like the sports mode the best for driving when I need to accelerate fast. On the highway, normal mode works the best. With sports mode, the car jerks too much when you depress the accelerator, so in normal mode the drive is a lot smoother.

7) auto hold is nice in traffic, really nice. Hells you not get tired of holding the brake. The soft touch buttons are annoying though! I glued a round silicone bump to where the hazard lights switch is so I could at least always find it without

8) I disabled all the fancy features like auto high beam, auto wipers, rev match.

9) auto climate control is fantastic. Just need to adjust the temperature sometimes, but no issues with fogging up of the windows. Just set it at 66–70 degrees and off I go.

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
Absolutely loving mine. I preordered last April before there were any in-person ones to see, which was hard because at the time Ford's builder showed somewhat inaccurate colors (and still does to this day), especially for the interior and wheels. But I was very happy with how it turned out in person.

I had a passenger door contacting the front fender when opening issue, so the dealer had it a couple weeks to fix it and repaint the part that rubbed off. Every now and then the infotainment screen doesn't come on, or it is slow to load. A few paint chips too, not all of which I believe were from driving. But in terms of driving, power, and performance... chef's kiss.

I did spec it out as much as could possibly be done, so I think that has helped my enjoyment of it. The 3.73 gears in the manual really make it launch like nobody's business. I do keep my cars a long time (drove my last Mustang for 18 years), so ordering it with all the bells and whistles was important to me.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
So far pleased, but only drove it 600 miles after getting it and then put it up for the winter. Will be getting it out soon.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
My only drawbacks with the car is it felt a lot bigger than I was used to. But now I’ve found comfort in that.

my biggest let down had just been the aftermarket industry… still waiting on supercharger kits for normal people.
We need trans tuning and E85 tunes… I thought that would be handled by now.

And why TF are they taking a year to release spoilers that the people want.

steyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP1 Rapid Red
Love mine. Only thing I don't like is what others have said - no tunes or anything yet. I'm eagerly awaiting Ford Performance to come out with their tune so I can keep the warranty on mine.

Edson8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
I’ve had mine since September and so far in love with it. I bought a base 300A GT and only options I added was the 10 speed and NPP, and I wouldn’t change a thing except maybe add the 3:55 gears but even with the 3:15’s I’m happy. Haven’t had a Mustang since the first two S550 models and they were the V6 and ecoboost premium and I say it’s a big upgrade for me lol also I came from a 2002 Trans Am since I sold the Stangs way back then in 2017 when I joined the Corps but no regrets. Minor imperfections considering the money paid but no regrets and just minor glitches here and there with the pre collision and touch screen/bluetooth connectivity but simple fixes by turning the car on and off.

MM24GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT/CS
I have had mine a week and 150 miles. Yes no complaints. I originally was looking to buy a Lexus ES for road trips, but the inner kid in my 68 year old mind kept telling me “Boring!” My 24 y/o daughter who owns a 22 ecoboost premium knew her dad would be much happier with a new Mustang. I caved to the pressure (not really) and bought my new Oxford White GT/CS. My biggest fear was the dash layout. Turns out “The Evil Dash” is really nice. Lots of features that I’m still exploring. This will be my last play toy. I plan on driving and having fun with it for many years to come.
Mark

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
I have the same spec now that you have on order but with the performance pack, and i love every bit of it. Coming from the S550, i was kind of worried i would not like the overhaul as much, but that has proven to be false. The S650 is everything the S550 wasn't and more. I have had a few quirks but nothing the i didn't expect. Quality has been amazing, no issue besides a few interior buzzes/rattles, most of which i fixed myself and the one remaining isn't persistent enough to diagnose, so windows down and exhaust roaring. It handles a lot better than my S550 did as well, i have never taken a car to the track but i do have some Indiana hollers that have a lot of quick twists and turns, and this car blew me away on its performance. Never thought id run my $60k mustang 80-90mph down one car wide roads through the woods with so much confidence lol. Only mods thus far are Steeda H Pipe, Steeda Progressive springs, Velgen 20' wheels on nittos.

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
I have a '24 GT on order - 301A, Active Exhaust and 3.55's. This will be my first Mustang and first new car in many, many years. I'm curious if your happy with your '24 GT and if you had it to do over again would you have purchased it? Also any issues with it at all?

I know a lot of people talk about not buying the first model year of a vehicle. Honestly I viewed the 24 Mustang GT as more of an evolution of the S550 as opposed to an entire new vehicle but maybe I'm mistaken? I know the interior is vastly different on these S650's but the more I read things it seems as though Ford made quite a few changes to the 5.0 but I'm wondering if all these changes are a good thing? It does seem like quite a few on this thread have had issues with their '24 GT's and some have had major issues (oil leaks, etc). I know this thread is probably (maybe) not a good overall snapshot of the quality and general happiness of the typical S650 GT owner as a lot of folks come to these message boards to post about issues they are having and look for solutions.

My plan is to own the GT for 10+years if possible but I'll admit I get more nervous by the day as I read more and more about issues folks are having with the S650 GT's. Like I mentioned, maybe (hopefully) the data I'm seeing (reading) is skewed as it seems as though a lot of people jump on these message boards to vent their frustrations, lol. It just seems like each day there is a new issue I'm reading about regarding QC (or lack there of) when it comes to the S650. To be fair, I think this is happening with all the major manufacturers but is it too much to ask to produce a great product especially for the insane prices that vehicles are selling for these days. It seems to be vehicles in general are over engineered now but that's probably not entirely the manufacturers fault as they must comply with all these government mandates.

Getting back to the S650 Mustang I'm not 100% sold on the screens but it's the way all the manufacturer's are making vehicles these days so it is what it is. In my mind I just think of it as being one more expensive repair bill if (when) they break. I know I read that some parts of the 5.0 Coyote engine are now plastic whereas in the recent past those same parts were made of metal. I know, I know other manufacturers doing the same thing but that surely doesn't make it right. The other issue that really bother's me is the holes in the inner front wheel wells. I know there is an aftermarket fix out there for this and some homemade remedies we can do but really the issue is we shouldn't have to do this in the first place. Depending on where you live and the time of year you drive your S650 this could really be a big issue a few years down the road.

It seems as though the S650 isn't really selling that well but maybe it's just the time of year? Like I mentioned I plan to keep this car 10+ years and drive it until the wheels fall off but I just hope and pray that I get a good one and I'm not buying a bunch of issues. Maybe the 'safe' play is waiting for the MY25 Mustang which will also be the 60th Anniversary as hopefully they have the kinks worked out by then? But then again I'm sure the car will be even more expensive for the 2025MY and really we need another car sooner rather than later. I guess maybe that's what an extended warranty is for:)
I believe the s650 isn’t selling well because most of the Country is in Winter mode.
The Ford Dealers around here have a very limited amount of Mustangs to sell.
Most dealers only have maybe 3 or 4.
They start selling them around Memorial Day thru Labor Day.
It is what it is.

SSuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Grabber Blue, 2007 Mustang
Got mine Dec 11th,base GT with auto and wqhat the young guys in my shop call the Oreo interior, turned over 2,000 miles today. Done aftermarket gray wheels that look like the older GT500 ones (I hate black wheels with a passion!) an H-pipe and catch can, jacking rails and Hein's fender liner covers and removed the vapor filters from the intake, waiting on cold air and mild tune. I have a very short commute and will be retiring in a few years, and plan on going into retirement with a paid for, low mile car, which I plan on keeping til I can no longer climb in and out of it.
I love everything about the car EXCEPT for the center touch screen. Just gimme some damn knobs! I hate the steps it takes to get the info that you want, and as I am tall, I have to lean forward to use it. But considering how much I love the rest of the car, I just roll my eyes and live with it, it puts a smile on my face every time I drive it!
Sponsored