• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What car are you replacing with your 2024 Mustang?

GTlee57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Inspired by threads with different main topics, I thought it would be interesting to see what cars people are replacing with their new Mustang and why?

I have a 2003, Corvette Z06 that I will be selling soon. Other than being 20 years old, with only 30k miles on it, there's nothing wrong with it. Sometimes, you just get tired of seeing the same old car in your garage. I guess I just wanted something new, and this seemed like one of the last chances that any of us might have to buy a brand new V8 muscle car.
Sponsored

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
This Dark Horse of mine will not replace my Jeep which I will use in the Winter and keep my new DH in the garage and out of the salty roads.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Replaced my 2019 EcoBoost with performance package, automatic, red interior package, Recaro seats, and active exhaust.

It was my wife's suggestion that I get the GT and I found one with active exhaust, performance pack, magneride, and automatic.

OP
OP

GTlee57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Replaced my 2019 EcoBoost with performance package, automatic, red interior package, Recaro seats, and active exhaust.

It was my wife's suggestion that I get the GT and I found one with active exhaust, performance pack, magneride, and automatic.
I wish I could have found what I wanted already on a lot. Ordering was pretty stressful. But, now that I have a production commitment and a VIN, I am much less stressed.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
My other car is paid off, and it's a pickup. So you'd have to pry it out of my cold dead hands.

If anything, I'll be looking into a 3rd vehicle (newer pickup) next year.

R3AL3ST8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Vette Grand Sport, 21 Ram 1500 Limited.
Inspired by threads with different main topics, I thought it would be interesting to see what cars people are replacing with their new Mustang and why?

I have a 2003, Corvette Z06 that I will be selling soon. Other than being 20 years old, with only 30k miles on it, there's nothing wrong with it. Sometimes, you just get tired of seeing the same old car in your garage. I guess I just wanted something new, and this seemed like one of the last chances that any of us might have to buy a brand new V8 muscle car.
I’ll be trading in my 2019 Vette Grand Sport 2LT Auto With 15k miles on it for a Dark Horse Premium 6spd manual with PP, AP. Great car but I want the manual tranny and easier access. Much better exhaust sound in DH is a bonus.

OP
OP

GTlee57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I’ll be trading in my 2019 Vette Grand Sport 2LT Auto With 15k miles on it for a Dark Horse Premium 6spd manual with PP, AP. Great car but I want the manual tranny and easier access. Much better exhaust sound in DH is a bonus.
True story, my original plan a couple of years ago was to get a 2019 Grand Sport to replace my Z06. But the price bubble really hit the Vette market and I just couldn't justify paying original sticker for a used car. So, I bailed on that plan. Do you have a production date for your DH yet?

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
It replaced my Oxford white 2015 Mustang GT with a 2024 GT 301A PP AE Atlas white, the 2015 was stock with standard equipped as i bought it off a lot with 32k miles at the age of 19. I owned it for 3 years and put 35k miles on it. It did have $4,500 dollar aftermarket catskin white and black leather seats. I had done window tint, black badges, caliper paint, vinyl flags, black spoiler, black hood vents, cat back muffler delete MBRP H-Pipe, CAI, VMP tuned, with SVE 357s. I loved the car but started feeling like it wasn't what i wanted anymore. I started shopping around for New Tacoma's but then the day i found the truck i wanted, the 2024 Mustang was revealed. I don't think i have ever changed my mind on something so fast. I was the first order my dealership had on 3/27! I sold the 2015 private party somewhat local so i still see it around every now and then.

S650 Mustang What car are you replacing with your 2024 Mustang? 2015

S650 Mustang What car are you replacing with your 2024 Mustang? 20151

S650 Mustang What car are you replacing with your 2024 Mustang? 20152

S650 Mustang What car are you replacing with your 2024 Mustang? 20153

S650 Mustang What car are you replacing with your 2024 Mustang? 20154

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
I plan on selling/Trading my 2018 GT which is my second car, there is a small part of me that wants to keep but it's hard to justify having three vehicles.

Maria Sarli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Solara Convertible, Subaru Outback, Ford Ex
Replacing a Toyota Solara convertible 2008 with 70k miles with Ecoboost Premium convertible. Nothing wrong with the Solara but lower priced convertibles have been steadily disappearing from the market and I was afraid that when I did need to replace it I would not find anything I wanted to buy. It is a 4th car in our family so spending 80k for an Audi or whatever is hard to justify but the Ecoboost with Ford 360 is about 45k so much more palatable. I could see the convertible option disappearing from the Ecoboost in the future so I wanted to get it while I can. I also drive a lot of miles so I don’t really want the GT because I want the better gas mileage.

R3AL3ST8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Vette Grand Sport, 21 Ram 1500 Limited.
True story, my original plan a couple of years ago was to get a 2019 Grand Sport to replace my Z06. But the price bubble really hit the Vette market and I just couldn't justify paying original sticker for a used car. So, I bailed on that plan. Do you have a production date for your DH yet?
The Z06 is a great car! I enjoyed the grand sport but I’m ready for a change. Original date was 10/2 but delayed until 10/23. Fingers crossed but not holding my breath.