• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Are you happy with your '24 GT? Would you buy it again? Any issues?

509Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F-150 4X4. Waiting on 2024 GT convertible in
Ordered mine in late March,built in mid August and received in late September. 24 GT convertible 401a 10a active exhaust performance package magneride. The weather didn’t stay nice very long after getting the car so I only have 670 miles on it but no complaints! Drove it today and smiled all the while!!!
Sponsored

McSmugger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I love my GT! The only thing I wish I would have done was added the performance pack (or at least optioned the bigger 6 piston brakes). At the time, it put me over what I wanted to spend on the car, but now I'm thinking about tracking it and could have really used the performance package.

Rapid_RedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
I have a '24 GT on order - 301A, Active Exhaust and 3.55's. This will be my first Mustang and first new car in many, many years. I'm curious if your happy with your '24 GT and if you had it to do over again would you have purchased it? Also any issues with it at all?

I know a lot of people talk about not buying the first model year of a vehicle. Honestly I viewed the 24 Mustang GT as more of an evolution of the S550 as opposed to an entire new vehicle but maybe I'm mistaken? I know the interior is vastly different on these S650's but the more I read things it seems as though Ford made quite a few changes to the 5.0 but I'm wondering if all these changes are a good thing? It does seem like quite a few on this thread have had issues with their '24 GT's and some have had major issues (oil leaks, etc). I know this thread is probably (maybe) not a good overall snapshot of the quality and general happiness of the typical S650 GT owner as a lot of folks come to these message boards to post about issues they are having and look for solutions.

My plan is to own the GT for 10+years if possible but I'll admit I get more nervous by the day as I read more and more about issues folks are having with the S650 GT's. Like I mentioned, maybe (hopefully) the data I'm seeing (reading) is skewed as it seems as though a lot of people jump on these message boards to vent their frustrations, lol. It just seems like each day there is a new issue I'm reading about regarding QC (or lack there of) when it comes to the S650. To be fair, I think this is happening with all the major manufacturers but is it too much to ask to produce a great product especially for the insane prices that vehicles are selling for these days. It seems to be vehicles in general are over engineered now but that's probably not entirely the manufacturers fault as they must comply with all these government mandates.

Getting back to the S650 Mustang I'm not 100% sold on the screens but it's the way all the manufacturer's are making vehicles these days so it is what it is. In my mind I just think of it as being one more expensive repair bill if (when) they break. I know I read that some parts of the 5.0 Coyote engine are now plastic whereas in the recent past those same parts were made of metal. I know, I know other manufacturers doing the same thing but that surely doesn't make it right. The other issue that really bother's me is the holes in the inner front wheel wells. I know there is an aftermarket fix out there for this and some homemade remedies we can do but really the issue is we shouldn't have to do this in the first place. Depending on where you live and the time of year you drive your S650 this could really be a big issue a few years down the road.

It seems as though the S650 isn't really selling that well but maybe it's just the time of year? Like I mentioned I plan to keep this car 10+ years and drive it until the wheels fall off but I just hope and pray that I get a good one and I'm not buying a bunch of issues. Maybe the 'safe' play is waiting for the MY25 Mustang which will also be the 60th Anniversary as hopefully they have the kinks worked out by then? But then again I'm sure the car will be even more expensive for the 2025MY and really we need another car sooner rather than later. I guess maybe that's what an extended warranty is for:)
No issues here, and I don't regret it. I like the 20 inch wheel option, and wish that they offered it to base GTs. (I would not have purchased new wheels, if it were an option.) Other than that, I'm over here enjoying my car with NO complaints. I don't care about what others say to a certain point, as that is their experience. MINE is great so far, and I'm loving every smile I get with every new mile I put on the car. I drive it as much as I can, having only 700 miles so far it's still been fantastic. This is my first mustang, and I happy. As for sales, why people worry about that is beyond me. My current portfolio does not contain any Ford stock, maybe later. But to me, that would be only reason I would worry about sales.

As many have said, you will see a bunch of childish comments from people in forums. All of which, I don't respond to. Every car has an issue, but if my car is under warranty...I have no need to post in a forum about it. I just take it to the dealer. It's okay to document it I guess, if that is your thing. I have done that before, but not in an open forum like this.

Enjoy your car, keep however long you want to keep. That is what I do. As for what will happen later down the line, forget about it. There is no tomorrow, it takes care of itself. Enjoy today, that's all you have!

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
I've been enjoying every moment of owning my GT premium pp. Sure, there's been a couple hiccups with the software, but 99% of the time the solution is to just unplug and replug the battery in. Only major issue is my RTR lights (still waiting on that fix...).

Power wise it's amazing, the 10r80 is nice and calm when I just want to drive normally and picks up fast when I want to floor it. It's plenty fast off the line when in track mode or manually shifting. Now to save money for my aftermarket plans.
S650 Mustang Are you happy with your '24 GT? Would you buy it again? Any issues? 20240307_130204

gruvyhudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I've had my mustang since the end of November, I drive it to work and back and have about 3000 miles on it.. Aside from battling with some snow days, which I hope I fixed by getting a new set of rims and winter tires, hasn't snowed since so not sure....lol. I have the PP, AE, and Magnaride on my GT. I haven't had any weird messages come on...yet. A few sync issues with the bluetooth but it's very random. I had more issues when I had my new Alfas. I'm very happy with it, it's comfortable, sounds soooo good driving down the road and when I hear a good song, the radio kicks, although I did add some more bass with an amp......love my bass. I put the kit on to cover the holes that were on the wheel wells behind the front tires, that annoyed me, now I don't hear everything on the road rattling around the inside of the car's body. I love this car! I hope when you get yours you'll love it too.
Sponsored