• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Are you happy with your '24 GT? Would you buy it again? Any issues?

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I have a '24 GT on order - 301A, Active Exhaust and 3.55's. This will be my first Mustang and first new car in many, many years. I'm curious if your happy with your '24 GT and if you had it to do over again would you have purchased it? Also any issues with it at all?

I know a lot of people talk about not buying the first model year of a vehicle. Honestly I viewed the 24 Mustang GT as more of an evolution of the S550 as opposed to an entire new vehicle but maybe I'm mistaken? I know the interior is vastly different on these S650's but the more I read things it seems as though Ford made quite a few changes to the 5.0 but I'm wondering if all these changes are a good thing? It does seem like quite a few on this thread have had issues with their '24 GT's and some have had major issues (oil leaks, etc). I know this thread is probably (maybe) not a good overall snapshot of the quality and general happiness of the typical S650 GT owner as a lot of folks come to these message boards to post about issues they are having and look for solutions.

My plan is to own the GT for 10+years if possible but I'll admit I get more nervous by the day as I read more and more about issues folks are having with the S650 GT's. Like I mentioned, maybe (hopefully) the data I'm seeing (reading) is skewed as it seems as though a lot of people jump on these message boards to vent their frustrations, lol. It just seems like each day there is a new issue I'm reading about regarding QC (or lack there of) when it comes to the S650. To be fair, I think this is happening with all the major manufacturers but is it too much to ask to produce a great product especially for the insane prices that vehicles are selling for these days. It seems to be vehicles in general are over engineered now but that's probably not entirely the manufacturers fault as they must comply with all these government mandates.

Getting back to the S650 Mustang I'm not 100% sold on the screens but it's the way all the manufacturer's are making vehicles these days so it is what it is. In my mind I just think of it as being one more expensive repair bill if (when) they break. I know I read that some parts of the 5.0 Coyote engine are now plastic whereas in the recent past those same parts were made of metal. I know, I know other manufacturers doing the same thing but that surely doesn't make it right. The other issue that really bother's me is the holes in the inner front wheel wells. I know there is an aftermarket fix out there for this and some homemade remedies we can do but really the issue is we shouldn't have to do this in the first place. Depending on where you live and the time of year you drive your S650 this could really be a big issue a few years down the road.

It seems as though the S650 isn't really selling that well but maybe it's just the time of year? Like I mentioned I plan to keep this car 10+ years and drive it until the wheels fall off but I just hope and pray that I get a good one and I'm not buying a bunch of issues. Maybe the 'safe' play is waiting for the MY25 Mustang which will also be the 60th Anniversary as hopefully they have the kinks worked out by then? But then again I'm sure the car will be even more expensive for the 2025MY and really we need another car sooner rather than later. I guess maybe that's what an extended warranty is for:)
Sponsored

Reactions: BTL

s650.j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
To be fair most people go on here seeking help or for a place to rant. Most people wont go out of their way to post the postive.

That being said, I’ve had my Mustang since September and have not had one issue with it. Its a very pretty car and has a ton of power behind it. I still get thumbs up from people because their still pretty uncommon in my area.

Every car has its quirks and issues, but the good thing is that you have a warranty that’ll cover all of that for the next couple years.:rockon:

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
As s650.j said, most people come back here to rant/complain.(Most internet comment sections) The rest of us are out enjoying our rides and contributing to the conversations with our experience. I almost never buy something based on customer reviews, good or bad, if it's at least a 50/50, I say my prayers and let the chips fall where they may.

I for one am loving my 24, had to wait 7 months for my build and I would do it again in a heartbeat. I too am looking to make this a keeper for the long haul since we only have a few more years of ICE mustangs left. The looks, feel, drive and sounds have ALL exceeded my expectations. I ordered without seeing one in person and I kept it that way until I took delivery. I have to say it is amazing how much different the car looks in person, no photo can match.

The few cosmetics i was a bit worried about turned out to be better than expected. I was skeptical on the screens, I love the idea, though the pics always made them look oversized and kind of stuck on look. Was pleasantly surprised how much smaller it looks in person and actually blends in with interior pretty well IMO, love it. Tons of features, no glare issues and tilted in toward the driver for more driver centric feel. Was worried I wasted $ going with the 401A interior, though the wrapped interior is really much better quality than a lot of past mustangs.

The 7th gen Coyote with AE is outstanding. Has a super aggressive start and sounds amazing, so much fun I'm averaging less than 10mpg. It just sounds too good to take it easy. Engine has normal mustang ticks and noises, nothing affects performance, close the hood, and it all disappears.

I know the first year of a new MY is risky, I was willing to take because I like everything about the 24, I did not want to chance the 25 making changes I didn't like. I can always buy forward, can't go back. Plus it's not my only car so I have 3 years to see if it's a keeper, then I'll probably add a 10 year Ford Premium warranty, just for the screen alone. That is the plan so far.

Anyways, that's my experience so far. Love the car and absolutely no regrets.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I have a '24 GT on order - 301A, Active Exhaust and 3.55's. This will be my first Mustang and first new car in many, many years. I'm curious if your happy with your '24 GT and if you had it to do over again would you have purchased it? Also any issues with it at all?
Yes and yes.
The only un(expected/anticipated) issue thus far was the remote features disabled to preserve battery message from fordpass (kinda chalking it up to battery age being greater than car - charged and operational but still keeping eyes and ears open for any ….).

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2024 GT
Coming from German turbo 6-cylinders, the car doesn’t seem as fast as I was hoping. The lack of low RPM torque is a bit disappointing.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Coming from German turbo 6-cylinders, the car doesn’t seem as fast as I was hoping. The lack of low RPM torque is a bit disappointing.
Go ahead and add a turbo to the 8 and don’t forget to smile

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
I own a 2018 S550, because it was new model I bought an extended warranty and ESP, it only has 15.9 K miles on it but I haven't had any issues so it hasn't been needed. That said I plan on getting one for my 2024 S650.

To answer you question I would buy my S650 again and the only change would be to drop the stripe. I just had PPF put on the front and I wanted one piece with no transitions so the removed the stripe on the hood and will be replacing it.

I would like to have a few more physical buttons on the interior, I use the fan button in my 2023 F 150 all the time. I never thought I would say this but I miss the cup holder lights, the center console is a black hole at night and having those would provide some light down there.

The handling the the S 550 is a lot more stiff, it's like I can feel the road better. I didn't have the magnaride in that one so that could be part of it.

I have fixed the holes in the wheel wells and there were two paint defects, one was masked by the PPF and the other is a paint blob on the corner of the hood. These are the only "defects" I had and I consider them minor.

My battery was weak when it was delivered and that was causing some issues, I charged it and keep a tender on it now.

Other then that I find the 2024 to be an excellent car. The AVE is both louder in the track made and quieter int the quiet mode. I went from a M6 to the A10 and I love how smooth it accelerates, last week I had the cruise control at 80 and I floored it and I was impressed and the acceleration. The magna ride combined with the quiet mode made it an excellent car for a 3 hour drive I did last week, the cruise control and auto high beams made it that much easier as well.

Like I said I would order again and I have zero regrets.

ecc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Mustang Coupe, 24 Mustang GT, 24 Blazer RS
I've had mine for about a month. Absolutely love her.

My one (very small) issue is I live in a state that requires a front plate. I didn't want them to bolt the factory frame on, so I bought the sto and show one. The problem is if placed on the car to be centered, it blocks the collision sensor. So, for now, I have it off-center. Again, though, that's a pretty minor complaint to have.

Love my ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Prem convertible triple black
I love my GT so far. The rear ratio makes a big difference on performance depending on what you plan on doing with the car. Mine is a daily driver lots of highway so I love the 3.15’s. Cruising at 70 mph at 1700 rpm’s. Average 24 mpg

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
I love my car! I've had it for 4 months and have 4k miles on it. The only thing I have an issue with is the sync system not liking Bluetooth and doing anything to the screen at times lol. Other than that, I'm happy af! I had a modified kia stinger gt2 so not much that I gave up. Just torque, a 360 camera, and a sunroof. I gained sound, the ability to fill more comfort on a track, better brakes, and a big smile when I drive it lol. Now it's just waiting on the some goodies to ship to make the car louder and saving up for a SC. Every manufacturer gonna have car issues regardless of if it's a new model or not. I had issue with my camry multiple times lol so it's not just the s650's.

Deleted member 60890

I rotate cars every ~year and for my family, so I gone through well over 50 cars. In the last three years I gone through 5 cars/SUVs. Retiree so board.

I had more fun and enjoyment from my 24’ GT Convertible with active exhaust than any car I owned including my 2022 MB AMG SL 55 convertible that had a butterfly valve on the exhaust system like my GT.

The AMG SL 55 could not track straight after a full day with the mechanics so I dumped it. Each wheel had to be individually aligned and it still tracked to the left and it was New!

I am very happy with the GT convertible, and enjoy the exhaust system however, I think there is an issue with the battery as the welcome lights get shut down by the app due to the battery. I’m thinking of getting a new battery.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrimsonRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Magnetic Mustang V6, 2019 Race Red GT convertible
I've had mine since Oct 23 (1804 miles on it) . GT convertible PP 401a active exhaust and magneride. My previous ride was a 2019 GT convertible PP 401A active exhaust and magneride. both were A10s. The 24 is better in some ways and worse in some.

pluses are the new infotainment system and the ride. the 24 feels more planted. The new infotainment is much better than the old sync 3 system. I've recently been experiencing some hesitation, but that could be the gas I am using. I plan on switching to Sunoco 93 and see how it goes. Which reminds me, the 24 get worse gas mileage (15.4) than the old car (17.1) but I did take some long trips on the old car.

minuses are the infotainment system. It still needs to get the bugs worked out, especially with apple carplay and bluetooth. Hoping for a OTA fix sometime.

It still puts a smile on my face every time I take it out.

FrankAR15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus IS Fsport, Toyota 4Runner, Genesis coupe
Do you have the manual with 373 rear?

myvaporblue5.0pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium/Vapor Blue/PP/401A
Yes and yes.
The only un(expected/anticipated) issue thus far was the remote features disabled to preserve battery message from fordpass (kinda chalking it up to battery age being greater than car - charged and operational but still keeping eyes and ears open for any ….).
I just got that same message 2 days ago. Do I need to worry about it?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got that same message 2 days ago. Do I need to worry about it?
So far I haven’t noticed any issues as a result of the power saver mode, save for loss of app connectivity and welcome greeting not functioning - the fob still worked and the car started. I’ve received the warning message on two separate occasions and so far (since the last trickle charge/recharge) have been message free.
Sponsored