• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any OTA updates yet?

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
Nice...

This will be my first with the Ford module programming... I have done plenty of GM. The "old" S550 probably has a load waiting... just not quite sure if there are any to avoid as it has the FP tune on it. Of course the S650 likely has a couple. Guess I should have enough to make it worthwhile for the FDRS subscription. I also want to try some FORScan changes with the new one as it gets a bit more figured out.
I have a Clore Pro-Logix as well, and just picked up the Supergoose plus to interface w/Ford. (Had the old GM only one). Also picked up the FORScan recommended adapter.
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Guess I should have enough to make it worthwhile for the FDRS subscription.
Don't underestimate the amount of time it will take to apply module updates.

Connect your negative lead to the bare spot/bolt/whatever on the frame, not to the battery negative terminal.

I would put it on the charger the day before and make sure it's nice and full.

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't underestimate the amount of time it will take to apply module updates.

Connect your negative lead to the bare spot/bolt/whatever on the frame, not to the battery negative terminal.

I would put it on the charger the day before and make sure it's nice and full.
Yeah I am familar with the (long) module update times... was similar with GM... definitely where the pro-logix charger comes in handy. The S650 is on the maintenance charger as it is the rainy season here... should be all charged up.

OP
OP

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
@rugedraw here is my VIN Everything seems to work. Got the new gauge update. What's sitting in the queue?
S650 Mustang Any OTA updates yet? 1714346608351-e2

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021F150 701a 3.5tt 4x4; 1990 Mustang 5.0 coupe
Nice...

This will be my first with the Ford module programming... I have done plenty of GM. The "old" S550 probably has a load waiting... just not quite sure if there are any to avoid as it has the FP tune on it. Of course the S650 likely has a couple. Guess I should have enough to make it worthwhile for the FDRS subscription. I also want to try some FORScan changes with the new one as it gets a bit more figured out.
I have a Clore Pro-Logix as well, and just picked up the Supergoose plus to interface w/Ford. (Had the old GM only one). Also picked up the FORScan recommended adapter.
Tune is in the PCM, so avoid that one. Or call them and see if they have the updated tune. If they don't have the files, I can get them for you to send to them so they can have it in their database. They'll be ready before it gets sent out OTA.

@rugedraw here is my VIN Everything seems to work. Got the new gauge update. What's sitting in the queue?
1714346608351-e2.png
No OTA in queue at this time, but these are the modules pending updates. That GWM is 6.4.0.

S650 Mustang Any OTA updates yet? 1714358552830-pt

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tune is in the PCM, so avoid that one. Or call them and see if they have the updated tune. If they don't have the files, I can get them for you to send to them so they can have it in their database. They'll be ready before it gets sent out OTA.
Thanks... installed the FP tune myself... should still have the file.

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
Just bought my GT Prem last Thursday, 4/25/24. Here's my

VIN: 1FA6P8CF5R5401599

TY!

BTW: "If" there are any module updates for me; isn't that something my dealer should install at no charge?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Still no classic theme. been tucked away in the garage (guess that answers the question re ability to get updates when cell coverage is weak). Been out and about for the last couple of days and just now got a notice 6.2.0 was installed.

jimbo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Matter, PP, NPP
Still no classic theme. been tucked away in the garage (guess that answers the question re ability to get updates when cell coverage is weak). Been out and about for the last couple of days and just now got a notice 6.2.0 was installed.
You'll get it at some point, it's cool and all nothing to write home about.

Reactions: Zig

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

TY!

BTW: "If" there are any module updates for me; isn't that something my dealer should install at no charge?
OTA 6.1.0 is in your queue. The OTA trigger was created on the server about an hour and a half ago., Go start your car and let it run for 5-10 minutes and that should be enough for it to install.

S650 Mustang Any OTA updates yet? 1714405421065-gi

To answer you question: No, the dealer will not do it and if they do, they will not do it for free (although some people have gotten lucky and dealers have done updates for them). It is Ford's responsibility to get your car updated and not the dealer. Ford does not pay dealers to update modules unless there is a recall or a problem with the vehicle that a module update will fix.

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No OTA history on this vehicle and no active OTA in queue. Modem is properly authorized and talking to the cloud just fine.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ

TY!

Nope. That's what OTA is for.

OP
OP

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang

No OTA in queue at this time, but these are the modules pending updates. That GWM is 6.4.0.

1714358552830-pt.png
Thank you rugedraw! I appreciate you taking the time.
enjoy !