• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

[FAKE NEWS] 2024 Mustang S650 price leak or fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wild Cherry Tintcoat ZL1 M6
This could be an interesting side effect of a posssible "locked" ECU. You know the Ford Performance and Roush SC's are warranted. It's possible the Whipple could be too.
I've read that about Roush / Whipple et. al., but I would need to really look into what's covered, and talk to my local dealers about it. I've seen and read enough stories about dealers finding just about any excuse to weasel out of expensive repairs.

I've not found a lot of posts about warranty related forced induction repairs, but admittedly haven't dug deep on it.

I've even experienced it, with one of the largest Corvette dealers in the nation, who wanted to charge me for a TSB related repair (convertible top related) and "did me a favor" by only charging me $200 for a $600 repair because "it was technically a trim piece, and they aren't covered".
Sponsored

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Being an audi owner, you interested at all in the new RS3? It's on up there too though LOL, high 60s low 70s depending on how you spec it. I know a guy local to me with a 800WHP RS3. It's. Nuts.

Had a 16 C7 2LT 7M and it wasn't my cup of tea. Sold it after a couple years. Great car, but just wasn't what I was looking for.

I traded it in for 17 SS 50th vert 6M and I regret trading that one in. (Also previous had 12 GT Premium but MT82 issues made me get the 6R80 and that was a let down)

I'm pretty leery of aftermarket power adders due to warranty considerations, which is why the ZL1 / Hellcat are attractive.

I'm going to wait out this winter, and *really* start looking in the Spring, and hopefully we'll have a lot more info regarding ordering, pricing, etc. Plus the used car market is still fluctuating, especially on the high priced 1-2 year old high HP cars.

C7.jpg

Camaro.jpg

Mustang.jpg

TheCur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Being an audi owner, you interested at all in the new RS3? It's on up there too though LOL, high 60s low 70s depending on how you spec it. I know a guy local to me with a 800WHP RS3. It's. Nuts.
Not really. I'm actually thinking about selling the A7. It's a really, really nice place to be bored while driving. I was planning on swinging by the local Audi dealer this weekend as our service guy told me they need well kept used cars and I could probably get close to what I paid for it.

I don't want to be bored, hence the search for the Camaro/Challenger/Mustang.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429, Tesla Model 3
He's just making up numbers. If they were leaked they would be much more specfic then rounded to $5k and $10k steps and someone would post the actual Ford spreadsheet of the numbers.
This is just clickbait

My best guess is take the current prices and add $2-3k to each trim, that should fit pretty well since we pretty much get the same options with Dark Horse replacing Mach 1 even down to having the same type of appearance and handling package.
Considering the EB no longer has a manual transmission option (add $1600 to the current base price for the auto) I think we will see a starting price at or just over $30-32k. The GT usually has a $10k markup over the EB so $40-42k for a base GT.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Considering the EB no longer has a manual transmission option (add $1600 to the current base price for the auto) I think we will see a starting price at or just over $30-32k. The GT usually has a $10k markup over the EB so $40-42k for a base GT.
But wouldn't a M6 GT only be $8400 more?

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429, Tesla Model 3
But wouldn't a M6 GT only be $8400 more?
Yes but that is assuming Ford doesn't pad the GT numbers a bit to squeeze a bit more profit out of it. $29,995 and $39,995 would allow Ford to keep both models "below 30 starting" and "below 40 starting". That being said, those numbers are pretty close to the current numbers so who knows.... Based off of "early summer 23" I would expect to see build and price/order banks open up beginning of the year. Maybe we get more info towards the end of this year...

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I feel like most OEMs tend to price relatively inline with inflation with some mild rounding up or down based on standard equipment and packaging. If we take existing models, add a year's worth of inflation according to bls.gov's CPI calculator, and round up or down a tad, we get this:

Ecoboost Base: $27,470 -> $29,736 (est. $30k)
Ecoboost Premium: $32,495 -> $35,179 (est. $35k)

GT Base: $38,045 -> $41,188 (est. $41k)
GT Premium: $43,065 -> $46,623 (est. $47k)

Mach 1 Base: $56,270 -> $60,919 (est. $60k)
Mach 1 Premium: $58,365 -> $63,187 (est. $63k)

This is using August to August YoY inflation numbers. If anything, I'm going to be optimistic and guess that Ford rounds down, especially for first year models, before staging price hikes based on sales feedback. I'm betting the GT will start at $40,5XX and the GT Premium will be $45,9XX-$46,0XX.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
Sounds about right.

TheCur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why would you expect less? 2022 Mach 1 Premium with appearance and elite packages, A10 and Nav comes in at $63,750. $65k actually sounds just about right.
It's not that I expected less, I just think that's a hard sell for some folks.

Being brand agnostic, and not just wanting a Mustang, even a new model one, that's ZL1 money and feels like getting close to non-widebody Hellcat money, both of which are "more" car for similar money (obviously all dependent upon selected options). At $5k price difference, I probably would exclude the Mustang. At $10k difference, I'm definitely interested.

I realize on forums like this I'm in the minority, however.

TheCur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got back from the Audi dealer... they offered me $3k less than what I paid for my A7 30 months ago.

I told them yes :)

Spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Boxster GTS
It's not that I expected less, I just think that's a hard sell for some folks.

Being brand agnostic, and not just wanting a Mustang, even a new model one, that's ZL1 money and feels like getting close to non-widebody Hellcat money, both of which are "more" car for similar money (obviously all dependent upon selected options). At $5k price difference, I probably would exclude the Mustang. At $10k difference, I'm definitely interested.

I realize on forums like this I'm in the minority, however.
Except by this time next year, the GM and Dodge products you mentioned will cease to exist, and Ford knows this.

They have no incentive not to raise prices (Mach E, anyone?)... not unless no one buys.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I wouldn't even consider paying the estimates I'm seeing in this thread. I would feel like a total sucker.

I'll wait for the coming crash and see what happens to used car prices after that.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.