• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DTOWN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG
IMG_1531.jpeg
IMG_1529.jpeg
IMG_1534.jpeg

IMG_1541.jpeg
I almost thought about the black. But based on the RL photos of the Dark Matter grey it looked damn near black but has a metallic shine to it. And it still blended in with the convertible top, so I went with the Dark Matter, with Crimson Red interior and Red Brembo. But that bronze package looks so good on both. Only thing I will do is get the replacement headlights with the black bezel that came in the NPP to give it a more streamline clean look. Canā€™t wait Man. Build date is supposed to be 8/4. Hopefully itā€™s here by 1st week of sept. Gonna be so hard to wait!!!!!!
looks so elegant. Congrats. I think the demand for bronze package will increase when our cars are out :)
Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
IMG_1531.jpeg
IMG_1529.jpeg
IMG_1534.jpeg

IMG_1541.jpeg
I almost thought about the black. But based on the RL photos of the Dark Matter grey it looked damn near black but has a metallic shine to it. And it still blended in with the convertible top, so I went with the Dark Matter, with Crimson Red interior and Red Brembo. But that bronze package looks so good on both. Only thing I will do is get the replacement headlights with the black bezel that came in the NPP to give it a more streamline clean look. Canā€™t wait Man. Build date is supposed to be 8/4. Hopefully itā€™s here by 1st week of sept. Gonna be so hard to wait!!!!!!
Thatā€™s gonna be a nice looking combo

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Trade it in while it has the equity it does. It will start to depreciate a little faster with a new body style out. Iā€™m trading my 2019 ecoboost in on a GT right now.
Much as I'd like to, I don't really want to for a number of reasons. (If you can convince me that I won't lose credit for trading it in early before it's fully paid off, I might consider doing it. šŸ™ƒ)

1. I'm not paying interest on my car.
2. Surprisingly I don't have FOMO with the S650, nice as it looks.
3. I want to wait and see if there are any interesting colors that come out later. (A metallic/metal flake white would be great, but I'd also get hype for something equivalent to Gotta Have It Green, Lava Red, or Royal Crimson.) Oxford White looks nice, but it's not something I need to get right away.

4. Recalls for first year models seem inevitable especially with Ford's track record.

TLDR: It'll be a mind-challenging patience game for me, but I think it'll be worth the wait paying off my EcoBoost in full first before going all-out on the GT.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Much as I'd like to, I don't really want to for a number of reasons. (If you can convince me that I won't lose credit for trading it in early before it's fully paid off, I might consider doing it. šŸ™ƒ)

1. I'm not paying interest on my car.
2. Surprisingly I don't have FOMO with the S650, nice as it looks.
3. I want to wait and see if there are any interesting colors that come out later. (A metallic/metal flake white would be great, but I'd also get hype for something equivalent to Gotta Have It Green, Lava Red, or Royal Crimson.) Oxford White looks nice, but it's not something I need to get right away.

4. Recalls for first year models seem inevitable especially with Ford's track record.

TLDR: It'll be a mind-challenging patience game for me, but I think it'll be worth the wait paying off my EcoBoost in full first before going all-out on the GT.
So Iā€™m in the same boat. I have 0% on my 2018 ecoboost. But the sealer is giving me 22,500 (Iā€™ll owe 19,300 when I trade) for mine. 2 years from now they might only give me 12k because I fully expect the older S550 to depreciate faster, and itā€™s an ecoboost so resale isnā€™t as demanding. Colors come and go, worse case you wrap the car in the color you prefer and can always change it back later with no damage to the car. Thatā€™s why I went with the S650. I didnā€™t want to miss an opportunity to get the value out of my trade. If I wait another 3 years for it to be paid off completely it will only be worth 7k in trade. Iā€™ll take the 3k in trade value today over the chance the market dumps on them later.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
So Iā€™m in the same boat. I have 0% on my 2018 ecoboost. But the sealer is giving me 22,500 (Iā€™ll owe 19,300 when I trade) for mine. 2 years from now they might only give me 12k because I fully expect the older S550 to depreciate faster, and itā€™s an ecoboost so resale isnā€™t as demanding. Colors come and go, worse case you wrap the car in the color you prefer and can always change it back later with no damage to the car. Thatā€™s why I went with the S650. I didnā€™t want to miss an opportunity to get the value out of my trade. If I wait another 3 years for it to be paid off completely it will only be worth 7k in trade. Iā€™ll take the 3k in trade value today over the chance the market dumps on them later.
Interesting. Just curious, how many miles have you accumulated on your EcoBoost? (I'm at just over 8K in mileage.)

Honestly I have no idea how trade-ins work. Does the dealer give you a certain amount and then they sell it for a higher price than what they gave you? I'm also just trying to figure out why depreciation would suddenly plummet so sharply even with a new model coming out. I thought depreciation worked in that a given model takes its sharpest hit within the first two years of being sold, then it eventually levels off (while still decreasing in value year by year).

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. Just curious, how many miles have you accumulated on your EcoBoost? (I'm at just over 8K in mileage.)

Honestly I have no idea how trade-ins work. Does the dealer give you a certain amount and then they sell it for a higher price than what they gave you? I'm also just trying to figure out why depreciation would suddenly plummet so sharply even with a new model coming out. I thought depreciation worked in that a given model takes its sharpest hit within the first two years of being sold, then it eventually levels off (while still decreasing in value year by year).
I have 30k on mine. The problem is a new body style is coming out, which lowers demand for the old body style. Yours having lower mileage would fetch a much higher trade in value you would assume but thatā€™s not always the truth. Base the trade in value like this. Determine what your vehicle is selling for retail in the used market currently based on options and miles. Then lower that number by about 5-7k depending on dealerships aggressiveness. They want that buffer so they have repair anything that needs to be touched up or replaced (tires, oil change, inspection, wipers, minor paint damage or scratches) and still be able to have room to make a profit later. So yours will likely get an offer around $25,000 for trade in. Maybe up to $26,000. But they are going to sell it around $29,995.

Depreciation is affected by the market and customer desire. From my experience in automotive sales over the last decade I have noticed trends in car values when a new body style comes out. It always gives the outgoing body style a hit in its value. Just my advice.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
You know what would have been the cherry on the cake? If they actually shown the interior in daylight and also in dark so that we can see how the car looks like with all the ambient and dash. A lot of manufacturers do that when you configure your car.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
You know what would have been the cherry on the cake? If they actually shown the interior in daylight and also in dark so that we can see how the car looks like with all the ambient and dash. A lot of manufacturers do that when you configure your car.
Given how cheap and sloppily it was designed (and there are multiple other threads discussing this topic), we may soon find out there's a reason why they didn't...

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
You won't lose credit for paying something off early. But free money is better than interest on a debt.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual

You are actually at a disadvantage with a trade in. If they plan on putting it on their used car lot, they have enough profit in it to come out ahead. Some of this profit might come from not letting you bargain down as much as possible. Other times they may not need the trade it or it's not worth it for resale so they will sell it to one of the used car only dealers. Because you never get to see those numbers you don't know just how much profit the dealer is getting. If you have somebody who wants to buy the car from you or you want to pass it to a family member, you might be better off going that way.
If you're good at bargaining, probably the best way to go is not to trade in. Unfortunately I am not in this class and don't really know how much you can push the purchasing price down.
As for deprecation on a new vehicle, you take the biggest hit the moment you drive it off the lot. The longer you own the vehicle, the less deprecation you take each year. My 96 mustang cost about $27,000 new so my deprecation on it is currently less than $1,000 a year. :)

Last edited:

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
You won't lose credit for paying something off early. But free money is better than interest on a debt.
As a Finance Broker I would like to agree with you, however there are a cou[le of other factors involved: (i) Accelerated Rate of Depreciation could exceed interest savings - especially on a superseded 5 year old car or the Differential between Depreciation and replacement interest rate / costs (ii) Warranty Benefit on new car (iii) The value of the degree of Pleasure you are denying yourself with a new GT!