• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Mustang Order Banks / Configurator / Build & Price

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Interesting that there isn’t specific allocation, does that extend to trim / package levels like the Dark House? (I believe Dark House is an option package for a GT car, not a trim level, correct?)
In MY22, there were no production limits of any kind (My comments are not considering the GT500). There were delays, due to lack of parts, but no "1 of x" builds. I have not read anything of limits in MY23 and have not read/heard anything related to limits for MY24.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1646540-how-does-a-dealer-allocation-work-when-ordering.html

Enclosed is a link on the allocation process. Ford assigns allocations to dealers, based on their previous sales. High volume dealers get the most allocations. For the overwhelming majority of us, this is never an issue. At the extremes, someone who hardly ever sells a Mustang may struggle or have delays in getting an allocation. Someone inundated with orders might have delays in matching orders to allocations (not enough to go around).

Limited production is a two-edged sword. No production limits makes it easier to order, easier on pricing. Limited production gives one the aire of a special and unique car, but those individuals will pay for it in mark-ups/ADMs.

When I began discussions with my dealer, the word "allocation" was used early on to propose an ADM, which was ultimately shot down. Information gleened here can help others do same and get the best price.

MY22, Ford was averaging around 800-1000 Mustangs a day, when they were in production. Ford does not build Mustangs every day or every week. Sometimes, it's just a handful of times a month. Production totals, for all Mustangs, has been about 70-80K units a year, maybe a bit more. FWIW, I think the end take on Mach 1s, from all production, was like 10K, half of those being HP-type builds. Again, these are general numbers.

When scheduling begins, we should start seeing build schedules, to give one an idea how production will go. Sometimes, Ford can't crank out enough. Others, they are securing parts and other things, with production at a stand-still.

For those placing orders, don't be surprised if there are large gaps in hearing anything at all; this is normal. From the date I placed my order to telling me it was scheduled for production, it was months of nothingness.

Edit: regarding your question on option/trims, in MY22, there were delays in various trims, but no production limits; Ford explained this when the Order Guide dropped. Ford was having difficulty in receiving parts and whatnot. For example, I ordered an HP (delay), GBM (delay) car. Everything eventualy settled down and Ford began cranking those specifically-optioned cars out. In the Order Guide, and later press releases, for those options which were delayed, Ford put projected dates as to when they'd have everything they needed.

For those ordering a DH and like types, Ford produces cars with Summer-only tires in the warmer months. A bit of a delay, but they want to ensure tires won't be damaged in transit.
Sponsored

Last edited:

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Unfortunately, people should expect very similar outcomes to the bronco fiasco(s). You guys stressing about getting an order in could see your order sit waiting for an allocation for months on end, then have your car take 10 months to be built and delivered (like a friend of mine's raptor).

Hurry up and wait.

Edit: I have followed the Bronco fiasco with interest, as I wanted one initially. I know there are early reservation holders that still don't have vehicles. I am sure anything is possible timing wise for the Mustang, but I only have to go off of what Ford has told people, and reshare what I have heard, just like everyone else here. So no argument from me, just sharing the early summer comment, as I think it was the first time I heard it. Cheers!

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
That’s the benefit to ordering a GT over a dark horse….

you’ll have your car for 2 years while DH people are still waiting
I'm not sure that's entirely true if one gets a fully loaded GT.

With the Bronco, it's the orders loaded with a bunch of options that are taking the longest to deliver.

Base model, you're probably right.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Being a new mark, I foresee some delays. New and old parts. New engine. New fitment. While not as severe, continuing supply chain issues. I would definitely anticipate waiting, but how much, whose to say. Some advantages though. The S650 is just starting, so even if things go absolutely, completely bat-shit-crazy pear-shaped, the next MY will be another opportunity. Placing an order versus buying off the lot, any waits will be rewarded by receiving exactly what you want.

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I wouldn't be surprised if October (or even 2023 for that matter) deliveries end up being optimistic if the Bronco and Maverick launches are any sign.
For those ordering a DH and like types, Ford produces cars with Summer-only tires in the warmer months. A bit of a delay, but they want to ensure tires won't be damaged in transit.
I think I'm the only one hoping for a EOY delivery delay to build that down-payment size. 👀

At this point I may just wait until 2024 to order a 25MY and pay half or more of the cost upfront. Given the information that Ford doesn't build summer tire cars when the colder months begin, I'll have to wait anyways for the timeframe I want.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
From the dealer perspective, it's straightforward. Once Ford opens the order banks, it's like visiting any other web site to buy something. Ford's pricing (dealer and customer), model, options, etc., are all there. The salesperson clicks-off what is being asked for, takes your personal information, gives you pricing. Done. The order will be printed off then and you'll sign for it.

For the order to continue, the dealer will need to pair that with an allocation. All builds require a slot, an allocation. If they don't already have one, they'll ask for one, pointing to the new order. Mustangs are not limited in production for MY24, so allocations should not be an issue.

Something that coincides with this is the Order Guide: the document which lists all the model variations and options. When the Order Guide drops, I'd expect the Order Banks to open near same time, if not exact same time. The Order Guide will be posted here for sure.

The configurator. LOL. Ford is often late in changing, and, when it does change, it's often riddled with errors. You have two options.

Option one is to use the configurator and place an order for whatever model Mustang is currently listed. It won't matter the MY or options.Towards the end, there's a note section you can explain yourself. Cut-and-paste a simple e-mail, with model '24 and option codes. They'll get it and reach out.

Option two is to take the Order Guide information, chat up or have a sit-down with someone.

Regarding downpayment, most dealers expect $1000. I asked my dealer if they'd like more still, and mine advised it doesn't really matter. The deposits are often non-refundable. They just want to you have some skin in the game.

Another member started a thread on dealer and purchase prep experiences; more insight will probably be seen there.
for deposits in California it's illegal for the dealer to keep your money without you taking the car. They are 100 percent refundable and you can cancel as you like. Because of this there is no signed contract.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
for deposits in California it's illegal for the dealer to keep your money without you taking the car. They are 100 percent refundable and you can cancel as you like. Because of this there is no signed contract.
Gotta love California! Most other states don't afford consumers that amount of protection...:crying:

HoosierJTF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Grabber Blue
I think the forum has been optimistic as far as when the order bank will open. Realistically, it’ll likely happen around April with first ordered vehicles probably hitting customers doorsteps late September to early October. Pure speculation, of course, but typically you wouldn’t label it for the next calendar year unless projected manufactured date was after October 1st.
September/October is crazy pessimistic, if they start building the 24 in late April why would it take 5 months to ship them?

SuperZaynn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus IS350 F Sport DHP 2021 Mustang GT CS
Stangmode deleted it from his story 👀

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 2022 MT
September/October is crazy pessimistic, if they start building the 24 in late April why would it take 5 months to ship them?
The supply chain issue is not just about materials sourced to the factory, it also about supplying the built product all the way to the customer for delivery and final preparation.
New Mustangs have been sitting at Flat Rock for 2-3 months waiting for a convoy to dealers.

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
The supply chain issue is not just about materials sourced to the factory, it also about supplying the built product all the way to the customer for delivery and final preparation.
New Mustangs have been sitting at Flat Rock for 2-3 months waiting for a convoy to dealers.
Offering a factory pickup option would alleviate some of this, similar to what GM offers with the Corvette.
Sponsored