• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

VaporGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
There are so many factors that can influence the 0-60 mph that the results must be analyzed taking into account the conditions in which the tests took place.
1. Preparing tacky surfaces will give very different results from everyday reality.
2. Several media will use formulas to adjust the results according to the atmospheric pressure, the latitude... ect, while other donā€™t.
3. Automatic transmissions will always perform better than manual transmissions on 0-60.
4. In everyday conditions 4WD cars will be faster than RWD cars even though the RWD is a bit more powerful. It's often a matter of grip not power.
5. Electric vehicles generally have better acceleration than gasoline vehicles because their torque is instantaneous.

In short, if 0-60 is most important to you, you should buy an electric vehicle with an automatic transmission and 4WD. If you are looking for a pleasant, fun and fast vehicle, buy yourself a manual GT mustang.
Sponsored

Shawn82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang HPP
There are so many factors that can influence the 0-60 mph that the results must be analyzed taking into account the conditions in which the tests took place.
1. Preparing tacky surfaces will give very different results from everyday reality.
2. Several media will use formulas to adjust the results according to the atmospheric pressure, the latitude... ect, while other donā€™t.
3. Automatic transmissions will always perform better than manual transmissions on 0-60.
4. In everyday conditions 4WD cars will be faster than RWD cars even though the RWD is a bit more powerful. It's often a matter of grip not power.
5. Electric vehicles generally have better acceleration than gasoline vehicles because their torque is instantaneous.

In short, if 0-60 is most important to you, you should buy an electric vehicle with an automatic transmission and 4WD. If you are looking for a pleasant, fun and fast vehicle, buy yourself a manual GT mustang.
I agree, first of all 0-60's are heavily skewed by driver performance alone when it comes to a manual. But if you're purchasing a manual GT and worried about 0-60, you bought it for the wrong reason. I know I could be much faster off the line with the A10, but I'm thinking about the sheer enjoyment and fun factor when I ordered the 6 speed.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I agree, first of all 0-60's are heavily skewed by driver performance alone when it comes to a manual. But if you're purchasing a manual GT and worried about 0-60, you bought it for the wrong reason. I know I could be much faster off the line with the A10, but I'm thinking about the sheer enjoyment and fun factor when I ordered the 6 speed.
You can tell that to my A10's tail lights šŸ˜‚

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
They shouldn't even do these speed tests with the manual anymore, because now it gets magazine raced against cars that only come in automatic like the new Nismo Z

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
They shouldn't even do these speed tests with the manual anymore, because now it gets magazine raced against cars that only come in automatic like the new Nismo Z
When I was 16, magazine times were all I cared about. This car is faster, it says so right here! After a while of being a car enthusiast, I realize that numbers can change from day to day on the same car because of climate conditions, not even factoring in different cars, altitudes, drivers, road conditions. Magazine numbers get you a ballpark, but they really aren't worth much more than that.

The V8 mustangs gained 20 horsepower and a little weight. They will be very close to the S550 times. Maybe a tenth faster through the quarter. Anyone expecting anything else......not sure what the thought process would be there.

DailyDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Of course they pick the heavier convertible Ecoboost to test...

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
When I was 16, magazine times were all I cared about. This car is faster, it says so right here! After a while of being a car enthusiast, I realize that numbers can change from day to day on the same car because of climate conditions, not even factoring in different cars, altitudes, drivers, road conditions. Magazine numbers get you a ballpark, but they really aren't worth much more than that.

The V8 mustangs gained 20 horsepower and a little weight. They will be very close to the S550 times. Maybe a tenth faster through the quarter. Anyone expecting anything else......not sure what the thought process would be there.
True Enlightenment is not giving a shit about 0-60 numbers šŸ˜Ž

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Everyone forgets ford changed the 1 to 1 from 5th to 4th for the 2018 and up mustang GTS with the mt82. This really really nerfs the crap out of them, and really dogs them. The 10 speed will be a lot faster
Yes, hence why I own a 2017. I was really hoping Ford would go back to the more fun MT ratios with the new cars, but I understand why they didn't.

Definitely less gear calms the car down and makes it easier to drive, especially at slow speeds.

Yes, it's somewhat of a test of how sticky the tires are more than how much power the car makes. Trap speed in the quarter is more indicative of power.

Is the base GT about 100 lbs heavier than the previous models? I heard in a couple reviews that the Dark Horse is well over 3900 lbs, but the article says 38XX for the GT.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
Here are the Edmunds track test numbers and they are as slow as expected:

GT 0-60 in 4.8
1/4 mile in 12.7, which is decent.

Ecoboost convertible
0-60 in 5.6
1/4 mile in 14.2

here is the video:

2024-mustang-gt-ecoboost-performance-track-testing.png

I think those numbers are far off some speculated 3.6 or 3.9 seconds and I don't think the DH will be any close to that... My guess is 4.1 if we're lucky.
That seems way too slow, and slower than the existing Gen 3 Coyote V8 - like it has not been run-in (mine was way down on power and performance until I ran-it in).

Remember this for the 2018 release, with the then new 10 Sp Auto ?: "0-60 mph in under four seconds" Faster Than You Can Read This Headline: New Mustang GT Can Go 0-to-60 MPH in Less Than Four Seconds | Ford Media Center

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

Iā€™m trading in my Performance Tesla that hits 60 in 3.5 seconds for a GT. Iā€™d rather drive something thatā€™s more engaging.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
Yep there is no comparision with the 10 Sp Auto - "0-60 mph in under four seconds" Faster Than You Can Read This Headline: New Mustang GT Can Go 0-to-60 MPH in Less Than Four Seconds | Ford Media Center

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Honda Civic EX; 14' Honda VFR800 DLX
In regards to the GT, the braking and skid pad numbers were really good! Like others have mentioned, though, the acceleration times are pretty weak. That 1/4 mile trap speed in particular is absurdly low...like not even 112mph?

I will say, launching this car with that tall first gear and what seems to be very good tires, may present a challenge. In the video, you can see the amount of "bog" the driver gets off the line by watching the fore/aft movement of his head.

EDIT: The 10A is going to shave at least 0.5 seconds off of both figures I'd wager. Probably add another 3-5mph to the trap as well.

Logan Heagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Expedition, 2006 Mercury Grand Marquis
Is it just me or does that seem extremely slow for the Ecoboost mustang 0-60? we're seeing F150s that are close to that number stock
Sponsored