• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

0 to 60 and other performance numbers

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
0-100 kmh is irrelevant because you will never perform that except you are total bellend at traffic lights and show off your small cohones.

What's more interesting especially on our beloved Autobahn is 100-200kmh. That is were the true power unfolds....
Sponsored

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
0-100 kmh is irrelevant because you will never perform that except you are total bellend at traffic lights and show off your small cohones.

What's more interesting especially on our beloved Autobahn is 100-200kmh. That is were the true power unfolds....
True, 100-200 tells you more about the real power of the car but 0-100 gives you “bragging rights” ;)
Outside of Germany no one can legally drive anything close to 200 so the absolute vast majority of people can only do 0-100 legally. So 0-100 (or better 30-120 or something) is something people can enjoy far more often than 100-200.

But here in Germany most Mustangs are driven like EVs… They hardly ever see speeds above 150km/h and I know why I don’t enjoy driving them at these speeds all that much (looking at you formally shaky hood, noisy cabin and fuel economy if driven for a longer period of time)... They’re meant for cruising, not racing and that’s where a Mustang excels.

NotAMustangFanYet_011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not A Mustang
3.7 seconds might've been a stretch in the most ideal conditions. But, it is certainly possible. The stock 2018 A10 was able to do 0 - 60 in 3.8 seconds in a Car and Driver review (without rollout). The Mach 1 matches this performance, so I think it is very possible for this to be achieved (with or without the rollout). Stickier tires, 50 more horsepower, and supposedly better aerodynamics should be able to get it there easily.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
0-60 is a really dumb performance metric no because your everyday car can do it what a 3 valve could just a few years ago. Quarter mile and 60-130 is a much much better benchmark
Gt350s run 10s ish stock 60-130

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
So the Expensive Horse gets a 20 HP bump, but also more weight. I'd say the standard GT especially with the best optional tires and the A10 trans will be good for the best times. 3.9? Yeah, should be pretty easy to do. 11.9 quarter? It should. The more basic the trim level and options the faster. Just make sure to get the best tires offered and call it a day.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1; AT; M0960
Read an article today that did some interviews with the aero team. No real specifics but team "feels" it is easier to drive it fast than it was the Mach 1. They state a lot of the work on the Mach 1 was done by teams off the clock and the fact that the PP2 and Mach 1 sold decently is why Ford I guess gave a budget for the DH. Team says downforce is better on DH than handling pack M1 without as much drag. I took away from the interview that times are not going to be markedly better but it sounds like handling has improved so maybe better track times on courses that reward handling changes.

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
So the Expensive Horse gets a 20 HP bump, but also more weight. I'd say the standard GT especially with the best optional tires and the A10 trans will be good for the best times. 3.9? Yeah, should be pretty easy to do. 11.9 quarter? It should. The more basic the trim level and options the faster. Just make sure to get the best tires offered and call it a day.
Can you give the "Expensive Horse" a rest? Haha

How much more weight are we talking here? I didn't confirm via the spec sheets, but according to Google, 2023 Mach 1 is only 10lbs lighter than the 2024 Dark Horse. So +20HP, better drag reduction, better down force, only 10 extra pounds for the Dark Horse.

Dark Horse should beat the Mach 1 based on that.

The more basic the trim level and options the faster. Just make sure to get the best tires offered and call it a day.
That's a gross understatement. Your suspension has a huge impact on putting that power to the ground than tires alone.

Reminds me of all the cheaper GTs that put a super charger on the car and crash right away because they have no traction or control for the power.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Tire compound >suspension everyday all day.

plenty of folks cut a 1.4 on stock suspension with a tire… doesn’t work the other way around.. no matter what kind of trick suspension you have.
Tires make up for a lot!

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
True, 100-200 tells you more about the real power of the car but 0-100 gives you “bragging rights” ;)
Outside of Germany no one can legally drive anything close to 200 so the absolute vast majority of people can only do 0-100 legally. So 0-100 (or better 30-120 or something) is something people can enjoy far more often than 100-200.

But here in Germany most Mustangs are driven like EVs… They hardly ever see speeds above 150km/h and I know why I don’t enjoy driving them at these speeds all that much (looking at you formally shaky hood, noisy cabin and fuel economy if driven for a longer period of time)... They’re meant for cruising, not racing and that’s where a Mustang excels.
From the jurisdication point of view yes, all other european countries have speed limits. I just came from France and Spain and also saw some drivers well beyond 150kmh.

But even 0-100kmh is not as easy as it seems and I am definitely not someone who is trying to do that in the city which is stupid.

I drove my stang 265 kmh for a few miles the other day and I was suprised how well the car was on the asphalt. No shaking or nervous momevents at all. I really enjoyed it.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another thing which I don't understand: How can Ford start selling a car of which we don't know any numbers apart from torque and bhp? This is really beyond me...

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
Tire compound >suspension everyday all day.

plenty of folks cut a 1.4 on stock suspension with a tire… doesn’t work the other way around.. no matter what kind of trick suspension you have.
Tires make up for a lot!
Tire compound will not stop your launch having crazy wheel hop. When it comes to putting power down you have to have a good suspension and a good tire. Tire alone on a powerful car with shit suspension won't get you a great time.

Great suspension on an ok tire will also not be great. Add them both and then you're really rocking, IMO.

Last edited:

JamesAnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
Another thing which I don't understand: How can Ford start selling a car of which we don't know any numbers apart from torque and bhp? This is really beyond me...
Err because it's a Mustang, has a V8 and we know it'll be faster than the S550. For example, we know all the numbers for the new Merc C63 AMG, but who would want a 4 cyclinder engine for about ÂŁ80k - even if it is very fast to 60.

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
Because we all went online or to dealers and ordered them like mad apes the moment the order banks opened.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Because we all went online or to dealers and ordered them like mad apes the moment the order banks opened.
<sigh> guilty
Sponsored