• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

“Next Gen” Mustang Will be Electric (EV) Only Claims Autoline

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Our next cars will be: EV + Gas Engine-Generator.

Again, they work together to make the vehicle limitation nill.
Mazda is supposedly doing that with the next RX model. A little gas motor weighs a hell of a lot less than 100kw of batteries, but can deliver the same range.
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Mazda is supposedly doing that with the next RX model. A little gas motor weighs a hell of a lot less than 100kw of batteries, but can deliver the same range.
Or even a free piston engine to be used to generate electricity as a range extender. Prototypes are running on 100% biofuel and generate electricity using magnetic pistons and coils around them. Fascinating stuff.

Under the skin: Why free-piston engines could at long last be relevant | Autocar
Free-piston Engine Range Extender Technology - YouTube
Toyota Central R&D developing free piston engine linear generator - YouTube

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
If Ford are still building V8 Mustangs post 2030, I'll just import one from the US :like:
Provided you'll be allowed to register it in England. Chances are, you won't. They will eventually close all the loopholes. I'm sure they aren't going to forbid the sale of gas vehicles in England only to allow individuals to import them themselves. That would be too stupid even by government standards.

Last edited:

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Provided you'll be allowed to register it in England. Chances are, you won't. They will eventually close all the loopholes. I'm sure they aren't going to forbid the sale of gas vehicles in England only to allow individuals to import them themselves. That would be too stupid even by government standards.
You clearly don't work even close to government. You underestimate their sheer stupidity. Just a civilian contractor for the army here and constantly see things like yesterday where government workers are telling us to go ahead with something that saves them 84 cents but will cost a couple thousand dollars to do so. And this isn't even surprising in the least due to this and worse happening almost daily.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I mean, in the States we spend tax dollars destroying gray market cars that aren't "emissions legal".

https://jalopnik.com/watch-the-feds-crush-an-imported-nissan-skyline-1753280296
I do live in the States now too. Yeah, that's pretty sad. But until reliable and affordable options are presented to the masses, we won't have a choice...

But, Jalopnik is riddled with commentary, at least from my experience, it's lately been a bitch-forum for the editors to complain about things. They hardly put out any real automotive news anymore.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Perhaps there would be a way of them preventing a brand new car being imported, but second hand? I doubt it. Second hand ICE vehicles will be around for decades and decades to come.
Pretty sure it will be a ban on registering ICE cars so it doesn't matter whether new or old.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Pretty sure it will be a ban on registering ICE cars so it doesn't matter whether new or old.
Which will be seen as regressive, in that it will be lower incomes and fixed incomes who will be most adversely affected.

Norm