• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

"Next-Gen Mustang NASCAR Is Built For EV Tech"

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
OK, not strictly S650 news but heck, I'm grasping at straws here!

https://fordauthority.com/2021/07/next-gen-mustang-nascar-is-built-for-ev-tech-says-ford-exec/

Could this point to the forthcoming hybrid S650? We know the NASCAR uses a V8, so there will be a hybrid V8 NASCAR in the future. I appreciate there's no way this exact powertrain would go into S650........but a guys can dream of a Coyote Hybrid S650, can't he?

“We’re excited about what this platform does,” Mark Rushbrook, Global Director of Ford Performance Motorsports, told Ford Authority executive editor, Alex Luft, in a recent interview. “It’s an opportunity to future proof. We’re great today with what’s going to be racing in 2022, but we know as our world is changing with hybrid powertrains, full-electric powertrains, if we were going to do this new car as an industry, we have to make sure it’s able to grow with the automotive world – what people are going to be parking in their driveways and garages.”

S650 Mustang "Next-Gen Mustang NASCAR Is Built For EV Tech" {filename}
Sponsored

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT
The new Supercar Mustangs in Australia will be hybrid ready. The exhaust will exit behind the front wheels to keep the heat away from from the batteries that will be located behind the driver. I don’t know that anything can be read ito it regarding the S650. Ford/Ford Performance has had some say in the process.

The Mustang (with the same Supercar Gen 3 control chassis fitted to Camaros) will commence racing in August 2022.

Too early to be fitted with S650 bodywork?

S650 Mustang "Next-Gen Mustang NASCAR Is Built For EV Tech" gen3-specs

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I think this just refers to Nascar already designing their new car for Hybrids and Electric, so Ford of course invests money to have these technologies in their future racecars and share the knowledge within the company for their products.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I know it probably won't happen, but it seems a shame iftwo Mustang racecars are V8 hyrbids but we don't see a similar road car.

I'm trying to keep the faith here 😁

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
OK, not strictly S650 news but heck, I'm grasping at straws here!

https://fordauthority.com/2021/07/next-gen-mustang-nascar-is-built-for-ev-tech-says-ford-exec/

Could this point to the forthcoming hybrid S650? We know the NASCAR uses a V8, so there will be a hybrid V8 NASCAR in the future. I appreciate there's no way this exact powertrain would go into S650........but a guys can dream of a Coyote Hybrid S650, can't he?

“We’re excited about what this platform does,” Mark Rushbrook, Global Director of Ford Performance Motorsports, told Ford Authority executive editor, Alex Luft, in a recent interview. “It’s an opportunity to future proof. We’re great today with what’s going to be racing in 2022, but we know as our world is changing with hybrid powertrains, full-electric powertrains, if we were going to do this new car as an industry, we have to make sure it’s able to grow with the automotive world – what people are going to be parking in their driveways and garages.”

S650 Mustang "Next-Gen Mustang NASCAR Is Built For EV Tech" y-GT500-Exterior-001-Front-Three-Quarters-1024x683
I know nothing about Nascar except that “Vagisil” will make a formidable driver :D

Jokes aside, I thought they had presented their next gen Nascar already?!
Besides, Mark Rushbrook said that “ our world is changing with hybrid powertrains, full-electric powertrains, if we were going to do this new car as an industry, we have to make sure it’s able to grow with the automotive world” but to me that doesn’t automatically result in a hybrid V8
 Unfortunately it could mean that Nascar ditches the V8 in the future for a hybrid V4/V6 but it could also mean that Nascar will use hybrid V8s
 He said a lot and nothing after all =( Man I really want some legit S650 news...

Regarding “Supercars” hybrid ready doesn’t mean much as well: “The cars now are hybrid-ready with the transmission [and] transaxle that we run. But going to a hybrid platform is expensive,” he says, “and something that we remain open to but it’s not part of any firm future planning."

https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/motorsport/coyote-v8-for-2022-ford-mustang-supercar

I would argue that the current platform isn't really meant for hybrid tech. However, with the shift to S650 and the upgraded platform I’m sure that they will shift towards hybrids in a couple of years. S650 might be released in 2023 so I would assume that in 2023 or 2024 we’ll see updated racecars with hybrid tech.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
I know it probably won't happen, but it seems a shame iftwo Mustang racecars are V8 hyrbids but we don't see a similar road car.

I'm trying to keep the faith here 😁
The best we can do. At least it could mean that a hybrid Coyote will be paid by Nascar/Supercars and so on and that we might get a hybrid V8 ;)
Sponsored