• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tacked-on Infotainment Screens Trend

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LB Ecoboost 6mt pony pack vert, 06 EB Explorer
I kinda liked the retro looking implementation of the digital dash on my s550... But trying to keep an open mind!

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Before... how often did you have the need to TOUCH your speedometer, or RPM gauge..? Or even if you could.

And again, how often did you need radio control or ANY information dial IN YOUR FACE and not down out of the way for your hands. You don't turn stuff on/off with your face.... you do them with your hands... without even need to look at them.

NOW... you need to take your eyes off the road and stare at a TV screen to make a choice.... that gives you night vision.... because the glare is IN YOUR FACE and not down out of the way.

Lastly, if you have not sat/road in the car, why would u even respond..?
How many times have you had to PUT IN A KEY, and HOLD SOME WEIRD CIRCULAR WHEEL TO TURN. Then you gotta look at LITTLE NEEDLES to tell you how fast you're going or what ur engine is at.

Back in my day all you needed to do was hold the reins and shout hya.

Marsalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT ordered
I have been driving since the 1980’s and therefore have seen many changes in instrument panel layout. I have also owned five Mustangs (two Fox bodies and three S550’s) as well as several dozen other vehicles across all classes. Currently I drive an ND Miata, R56 Mini Cooper, and a 2021 Bronco. I feel that screens above the normal line of sight create more problems than they could possibly solve. But at the same time I understand that the younger generations have been raised on screens and that is what they are comfortable with. To each their own and if you don’t like it then don‘t buy it.

BTW I currently have a base S650 GT PP manual on order.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Tech is not always beneficial. For the last 15 years it's turned the corner from useful and beneficial to its own god and religion.
Maybe to you. I think it's cool.

Production is this week, why are we still talking about this?

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I like regular old school gauges. If I wanted my interior to look like a Tesla, I would buy a Tesla. I think in a car like the Mustang, the more you keep things old school, the more it stays true to its roots. The Mustang was never meant for the white collar guys….
I've been driving Mustangs since my first 1984 GT until my 2021 Mach 1. The only model years I have never owned was a New Edge. I've enjoyed all the models. I was very iffy on the 2015 change until I saw it in person when it was going around the country to larger dealers to show it off. It was a Guard color Ecoboost. I hated the car in pictures but in person it was beautiful. I walked into the dealer and ordered one. Never saw the ordering book to even know what the color looked like or anything because it wasn't really available. I was told 2015 had a special 50th LE Edition available in 2 colors and manual or auto. Since I'm not a fan of white cars I chose Blue with a manual.
S650 Mustang Tacked-on Infotainment Screens Trend IMG_0531

Last edited:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Tech is not always beneficial. For the last 15 years it's turned the corner from useful and beneficial to its own god and religion.
They have no idea.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
i feel like too many people are judging this thing based on off angle images that make it look larger than it is. but when you see it at any normal angle its no more intrusive than the old cowl was.
S650 Mustang Tacked-on Infotainment Screens Trend 1684668688491
S650 Mustang Tacked-on Infotainment Screens Trend 1684668752605

the only real difference is the fact the infotainment protion of the cockpit was swapped around with the center air vents to allow for a single piece screen. i honestly dont understand where the whole "in your eyes and distracting" argument is coming from.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
i feel like too many people are judging this thing based on off angle images that make it look larger than it is. but when you see it at any normal angle its no more intrusive than the old cowl was.
1684668688491.png
1684668752605.png

the only real difference is the fact the infotainment protion of the cockpit was swapped around with the center air vents to allow for a single piece screen. i honestly dont understand where the whole "in your eyes and distracting" argument is coming from.
Funny thing is, your picture shows it very well. It brings much tech. I get it. But I honestly have NO idea how someone can look at those two pictures and not see the S550 looking way more classy, integrated, cohesive and relevant to what a Mustang should look like.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Funny thing is, your picture shows it very well. It brings much tech. I get it. But I honestly have NO idea how someone can look at those two pictures and not see the S550 looking way more classy, integrated, cohesive and relevant to what a Mustang should look like.
so mustangs need to look like theyre made of the cheapest plastic money can buy?

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
so mustangs need to look like theyre made of the cheapest plastic money can buy?
Well, the new screens with their big ass bezel do look like they are from some cheap chinease retailer. And they look cheap because they are cheap. The iPad 1 was released in 2010 and it doesn't have larger bezel... Apart from Teslas complete lack of a dashboard this is probably the cheapest way of building one...
Besides, do they work in a convertible if the roof is down? Are they bright enough?
Sponsored