• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
Just got the email from Ford "Time to build your dream 2024 Mustang"

Hey Ford, my dream mustang has a drop top. It would sure be nice if you'd put that option on the build site.

Amazing how crappy this web rollout is.
It's actually better than expected. I figured it would have been pushed back a few weeks.
Sponsored

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
For all of you that are unhappy with the new configurator, relax. It is a monumental achievement that Ford has even opened this up before the order banks opened. I mean historically monumental. Yes, there are a number of errors, always are. And yes, items are missing, etc. etc., etc. But, at least you have it. Changes will occur daily as they always do so setback and enjoy it.
It's still a sad indictment of Ford if this is the best they can do (and have done).

mabcim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64.5 Mustang Conv, ‘22 Maverick, ‘23 Escape
Building a 600A shows the 700A seats and building a 700A shows the 600A seats. I could not get the recaros to show up in the interior shots on either 600A or 700A builds. 600A has the cloth seats where the 700A should have the leather-vinyl? seats.
I was confused as well. Website only talks about cloth, unless you read the details on the 700A package. I looked at the Order Guide and it says Cloth for both 600A and 700A, but also says ”AA Dinamica”. Who knows what’s accurate.
S650 Mustang Official Build & Price for 2024 Mustang just appeared on Ford.com! 6EF57FFD-B70F-4BAA-B03C-E37E4A14DBF8

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
I also didn't see "rear seat delete". Not that I want that, but I'm sure someone does

Poppyred65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965, 1967, 1970, 1986 mustangs

Nickyweg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Color selection is not very impressive.

To get something similar to my car (sticker of 43k), I’d be spending like 55k. Insane.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
It is a monumental achievement that Ford has even opened this up before the order banks opened
true. but I won't go so far as to celebrate an improvement over previous gross incompetence. "everybody gets a prize for showing up" is what allows such a pathetic service delivery to be tolerated year in and year out.

They've had the metadata and images for MONTHS. I could understand if there were some minor, last minute changes that they couldn't post within the last 2 days but interior, exterior colors, fabrics, and features are LONG established.

My websites release HOURLY if need be to fix typos and other silly stuff. DAILY if the change is significant and requires regression suite. The site should have been locked and loaded WEEKS ago. WTF have them been playing at?

Last edited:

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
Can anyone confirm if the order banks are now open?
At dealership now…dealer in system. I’ll follow up as soon as I can.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
true. but I won't go so far as to celebrate an improvement over previous gross incompetence. "everybody gets a prize for showing up" is what allows such a pathetic service delivery to be tolerated year in and year out.

They've had the metadata and images for MONTHS. I could understand if there were some minor, last minute changes that they couldn't post within the last 2 days but interior, exterior colors, fabrics, and features are LONG established.

My websites release HOURLY if need be to fix typos and other silly stuff. DAILY if the change is significant and requires regression suite. The site should have been locked and loaded WEEKS ago. WTF have them been playing at?
Having been involved in e-commerce for many, many years I totally agree with you. But the key word here is should. Maybe one year, in the distant future, but for now this is what we've got!

2BigPups

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F-150
For all of you that are unhappy with the new configurator, relax. It is a monumental achievement that Ford has even opened this up before the order banks opened. I mean historically monumental. Yes, there are a number of errors, always are. And yes, items are missing, etc. etc., etc. But, at least you have it. Changes will occur daily as they always do so sitback and enjoy it.
@Bikeman315 You are spot on! 2022 MY configurator was up and running halfway through the model year and still had glitches (in Ford speak "features"). 2023 MY configurator opened AFTER the order banks CLOSED.

So, yep, for 2024 MY having some level of configurator semi-working when the order banks opens means several upper level managers are getting huge bonuses this year!!

Also, it appears that Ford corporate does not care because Mustang enthusiasts will buy one no matter how difficult it is to navigate the ordering process.
Sponsored