• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
First, first it is FA. We know about their ā€œleakedā€ information now.

Second, it is pricier, worse-looking and more restrictive than a Mach 1 HP? Nah, Iā€™m good.

The real model to look for is the DH S or R. Those Iā€™m really curious about, and may need to add to the stable, if all is good.
Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
The Dark House is incrementally more expensive than the Mach 1 it is replacing. Its performance will also be incrementally improved. I do not think we are in for any great surprises.
This is the part racking my brain from the comments

Pricing increased below the rate of inflation and we know what this car is

The same comparisons exist when we use a new ā€˜23 Mach 1 as our base

People love complaining to stir the pot

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
First, first it is FA. We know about their ā€œleakedā€ information now.

Second, it is pricier, worse-looking and more restrictive than a Mach 1 HP? Nah, Iā€™m good.

The real model to look for is the DH S or R. Those Iā€™m really curious about, and may need to add to the stable, if all is good.
Those are going to be non-legal race cars.

SuperZaynn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus IS350 F Sport DHP 2021 Mustang GT CS
The real question is, everyone thatā€™s going for the dark horse. How many of yā€™all will REALLY be able to get one

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The pricing hasn't risen any faster than the general market. Am I to believe that people on here expected Ford to price the new DH at the exact same price or less than the outgoing M1?

SuperZaynn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus IS350 F Sport DHP 2021 Mustang GT CS
My thoughts exactly, I already wasn't in the market for the DH but this confirms it lol.
Lol definitely. I was hoping it was gonna be maybe 55k, optioned to 60k but damn near 70k, Iā€™d be living above my means lol. My budget is 60k

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Am I to believe that people on here expected Ford to price the new DH at the exact same price or less than the outgoing M1?
YES! especially after tesla cut prices across the board by double digit percentages and by the most on plaids, which are superior.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
The blindness toward the 650 is laughable.
yeah, I don't get it. This is 10K north of an Audi S5 for example.

I guess this is Ford's way of extracting maximal "value" from people who want to persist in buying a Mustang. How much are those DH subsidizing the cost of the more pedestrian trims? Or is this just an opportunity for massive margins?

GoodLuckChuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion
Lol definitely. I was hoping it was gonna be maybe 55k, optioned to 60k but damn near 70k, Iā€™d be living above my means lol. My budget is 60k
I am maxing my budget at 55k, I know I'm going to cut some costs but keep reminding myself that this is supposed to be the fun car, not for super comfort.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse

I guess this is Ford's way of extracting maximal "value" from people who want to persist in buying a Mustang. How much are those DH subsidizing the cost of the more pedestrian trims? Or is this just an opportunity for massive margins?
That's not a really good comparison, the RS5 is closer in terms of performance and horsepower, and starts at 77,900. You could have a fully loaded DH with CF wheels for that, and be much better on a track. No the comforts arent the same, but its a Mustang.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350

But it retails 20k less base compared to an RS5 which competes in the same performance category, so I donā€™t really understand that

So are the Mach 1 and late-year GT350s now getting the same comparo treatment retroactively?

are we pretending inflation doesnā€™t exist?

still not understanding the arguments posed ITT
Sponsored