• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 2022 MT
58k is the base launch price -- trying not to surprise people and attract bad press. I bet there will be a market price adjustment less than 6 months from now.

Also, for the correct perspective: I ordered a Mach 1 some 10 months ago before all the 2022 price adjustments, and the base was then 53K ... that's 5k difference with the current Dark Horse. Steep!
Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Lmao...

68K = Not bad

No Mustang outside of a Shelby should be that high. A base stingray ( which will outperform a Darkhorse ) can be had for 4k cheaper.

The blindness toward the 650 is laughable.
Did you just take a loaded figure and compare it to a base car and try to make a point lmao

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
The S550 and 68 non-fastback Mustang are ugly as shit. My opinion is out there now! Yay!
Lol! Go get some warm milk junior and take a nap...

The *severely overpriced* 650 will be there when you wake up...

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
58k is the base launch price -- trying not to surprise people and attract bad press. I bet there will be a market price adjustment less than 6 months from now.

Also, for the correct perspective: I ordered a Mach 1 some 10 months ago before all the 2022 price adjustments, and the base was then 53K ... that's 5k difference with the current Dark Horse. Steep!
The adjustment won’t go south. Said this before but price figures will always be most aggressive at launch, typically at or below rate of inflation, and then we’ll see multiple incremental price increases that coincide with increased standard features to bring it in line over the course of the generation

Happens literally every time

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
Did you just take a loaded figure and compare it to a base car and try to make a point lmao
I took a performance figure based on cost. I know it's hard to swallow, but it is what it is.

"lmao"

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I took a performance figure based on cost. I know it's hard to swallow, but it is what it is.

"lmao"
Oh you’re right let’s be specific

You’re comparing performance between a loaded 2+2 with a big trunk versus a completely base, optionless 2-seater

Next performance comparison: transporting adults with legs in the back seats

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I don't know how the average person can afford this??!!
This car is not for the "average" person. They can buy a base GT for almost half of a DH. Actually how many "average" people can afford the average price of a new car period? $47,000 last time I looked.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I don't know how the average person can afford this??!!
Your average person can’t. The average car transaction is around 40-50 and that’s based on people already living outside of their means on grave-digging financing terms

But that’s why you don’t see 50 GT350/M1s a day and instead see EBs and GTs

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS

You’re comparing performance between a loaded 2+2 with a big trunk versus a completely base, optionless 2-seater

Why are you wasting your breath? Let @dfanucci have his say. Doesn't really matter to anyone on here. The S650 is going to great. The DH is going to be awesome. There is nothing wrong with the C8 but it's not for everyone. Hell I wouldn't trade my 19' GT/CS for one. But that's just my opinion!

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe

Spin it however the f*ck you need to spin it, dude.

The better performing car is cheaper.

And that's just the base model Stingray. For under 80k you can get an absolute beast of a performance car nicely optioned. The Stingray "piece for piece" is always going to skyrocket a cost of a 650, but Ford pigeon holed themselves by pricing the thing the way they have.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Why are you wasting your breath? Let @dfanucci have his say. Doesn't really matter to anyone on here. The S650 is going to great. The DH is going to be awesome. There is nothing wrong with the C8 but it's not for everyone. Hell I wouldn't trade my 19' GT/CS for one. But that's just my opinion!
Oh is this a thing he does? Lol

Can safely say I’ve never once had the C8 on my list. Cool car, totally different market imo