• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
cool, is this the selective cylinder activation feature?

type faster!
My reliance on my phone to autocorrect me when I’m barely looking at the screen and typing with one hand 😩
Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I wouldn't quite simplify it that far. At some point when you start with an already unrealistic price (Mach 1) saying how reasonable the new one is is simply missing the point that the reference point was off kilter to begin with.

Any pricing discussion has to be based on a "sensible" baseline and that's the 36-40K base GT. Is there 25K worth of performance and looks and general content in the DH? Slap a factory-supported supercharger in the engine bay and I might give you a 'yes'. Otherwise, no way in hell.

Yes cost-push inflation is running 10%/yr or higher and I'm not about to demand Ford eat it. But at the same time you have to ask what's so broken about Ford's finances and or long-term agreements that they are having to be the outlier vs Dodge and GM who while also raising prices, haven't done so to the same extent.
To make that comparison, we need to know the price of an S650 kitted to be as comparable from a performance perspective as possible, so I’d hold breath on what the performance pack will cost alongside relevant options such as MR dampers and exhaust options.

I bet that 25k delta shrinks to 10, maybe 15k

At which point this is the same old news we’ve seen for the past 3 gens of middle-child special edition mustangs that wedge between the GT and GT500

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
This would be valid if your supposed expectations weren't so unreasonable. Ford marginally raises the price on a new product, with marginally improved performance/tech (not to mention the supply chain climate) and a handful of people immediately jump in to complain. A reasonable person would have known this was the minimum increase the day they dropped the specs
Unreasonable? There is nothing unreasonable about my expectations.

I thought I pointed out that a C8 can be had cheaper? And no amount of spin is going to convince me that a DH is a 70k car. A person with their head in the sand would believe this increase is worth it. (again, just my opinion)

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

I thought I pointed out that a C8 can be had cheaper? And no amount of spin is going to convince me that a DH is a 70k car. A person with their head in the sand would believe this increase is worth it. (again, just my opinion)
The cheapest base C8 is $66K, if you can find one without ADM. That's an $8k premium. You trying to manipulate the facts and call a $58k DH a $70k car is further proof of your inherent bias

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
The cheapest base C8 is $66K, if you can find one without ADM. That's an $8k premium. You trying to manipulate the facts and call a $58k DH a $70k car is further proof of your inherent bias
Don't forget Chevy recommends the z51 package if you are planning to track it, which brings the base over 72k, and that is no additional options at all.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Facts. 70k close to fully loaded, yes. However, the C8 2lt would starts at 73k without the z51 package. That ads over 6k, to 79k. The DH loaded costs as much as the 2lt with the z51. The only prob is markups. I doubt you will be able to find either at msrp.

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
Arrrrghhh... Stop! A base C8 will walk a 70k DH. End. Of. Story. If you have a tough time accepting that, I'm sorry. I'm done banging my head against the wall with fanboys.

And if you think for one single second that a DH is not going to have an ADM, your head is buried further than I thought.

I'll say it one last time and then I'm out. I do not think the DH is worth what it is being sold at. Even at base price of 58k stripped.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
No price change on recaros, I wonder if this is with the heated and cooled option or not.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350

I just ran through competitors on each of their build and price websites

Took absolute base price, not factoring destination, then chose highest available sub-trim and added all options EXCLUDING frivolous price adders (eg stripes, dealer accessories, HUDs, lugs, mats, special paints, carbon ceramic brakes, appearance packages, etc), while speccing every “core” upgrade (eg biggest available infotainment screen, best seats, best performance goodies, upgraded trim/upholstery options, suspension, exhaust, sound system, active safety features, etc) and came down to these ranges, and if a manual is available at no cost, I left it that way

Ford Mustang Dark Horse
58-67k

Competitors:
BMW M2
62-74k

BMW M440i xDrive
60-67k

Chevy Camaro 2SS 1LE*
52-54k

Chevy Camaro ZL1
69-77k

Dodge Challenger RT Scat Widebody
53-67k

Dodge Challenger Hellcat
70-80k

Ford Mustang Mach 1
57-64k

Bleed-over competition:
Chevy Corvette
65-85k

Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
56-59k

*since the Camaro doesn’t have a bespoke tweener model, this would be more comparable to a GT with all of the performance options specced. Included anyway

All that said, the DH seems fine by me

SuperZaynn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus IS350 F Sport DHP 2021 Mustang GT CS
I just ran through competitors on each of their build and price websites

Took absolute base price, not factoring destination, then chose highest available sub-trim and added all options EXCLUDING frivolous price adders (eg stripes, dealer accessories, HUDs, lugs, mats, special paints, carbon ceramic brakes, appearance packages, etc), while speccing every “core” upgrade (eg biggest available infotainment screen, best seats, best performance goodies, upgraded trim/upholstery options, suspension, exhaust, sound system, active safety features, etc) and came down to these ranges, and if a manual is available at no cost, I left it that way

Ford Mustang Dark Horse
58-67k

Competitors:
BMW M2
62-74k

BMW M440i xDrive
60-67k

Chevy Camaro 2SS 1LE*
52-54k

Chevy Camaro ZL1
69-77k

Dodge Challenger RT Scat Widebody
53-67k

Dodge Challenger Hellcat
70-80k

Ford Mustang Mach 1
57-64k

Bleed-over competition:
Chevy Corvette
65-85k

Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
56-59k

*since the Camaro doesn’t have a bespoke tweener model, this would be more comparable to a GT with all of the performance options specced. Included anyway

All that said, the DH seems fine by me
I’d say if I’m gonna spend 70k+ I’d just got get a ZL1. That’s just me though, I respect everyone’s decision. I didn’t help anyone on this post make their money, so I’m damn sure not gonna tell you how to spend it lol

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
A C8 outperforms an RS5, M3, Supra, CT4 BW, etc. if your only basis for comparison is performance does it invalidate all of those other more expensive options?

What about purpose? Usability? Wanting a FE/RWD, high revving NA V7 with a manual?

Benchrscing makes sense when you’re comparing two like cars. I’m this case, you’re comparing a purpose built 2-seat sports car to a 2+2 pony

This if you want a manual tranny, your options are getting more and more limited.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
And if you think for one single second that a DH is not going to have an ADM, your head is buried further than I thought.
first off, no less than 2 dealers will be selling DH for MSRP.

Any discussion of "parity" that tries to inject non-deterministic things like production availability, or ADM etc is pointless.

Given the content of a DH, it would be perfectly reasonable to insist the C8 comparo also include the Z51 package. That the C8 by virtue of it's superior traction and all Aluminum chassis can spank the DH in a straight line and/or track is not really the criteria in question.

I won't buy the C8 because it's automatic only and the cabin, really does blow. The 6G Camaro is actually better.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
I'm very pleased with the pricing of the Darkhorse. Its pretty much inline with the out going Mach 1 which totally makes sense. This is where I thought the pricing would be. A Premium DH will probably be right around $60K which is very competitive.

Last edited:

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Is it okay if I know a C8 is cheaper and I still want a Dark Horse? No? Oh well, too bad, still getting the Mustang.
Bro, how dare you spend money on something you prefer. I'm furious, expect a well worded email at no later than 12:05 p.m. tomorrow where I'll tell you just how wrong you are. After that, we're finished, don't speak to me or my son every again.
Sponsored