• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
… brands evolve. That isn’t some secret practice exclusive from the US lol.

BMW literally has X5 Ms and X6 Ms FYI.
again, go back and read what Isaid. Ford has had Shelby and SVT trucks as well. No one is bothered by that. That’s equivalent to bmws M. calling a performance division vehicle a performance division vehicle is logical. But calling a model one thing and then calling another totally different model is not.

That’s literally in my previous post

so once again… moving back to FORD MUSTANG…
Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Damn, you are more dense than that other dude. And a bit late to the game.

And I’m not a fan of Mustangs because I made a point that it is much more than simply a 2+2 coupe? That’s just silly.

Oh and your statement of what makes it a Mustang is a bit off since the majority of mustangs sold in its history are not of the “big engine” type, and there have also been a fair share of big heavy Mustangs as well; but if you take that out of the equation all of your other factors are design elements. So I guess design elements are what make a Mustang a Mustang after all. Hmm would you look at that. So take Mustang design elements along with the most important thing you said, “built and sold by ford”, and the argument is done. Ford decides what is and what isn’t a Mustang, and all the crying and foot stomping you, or I, or anyone else does won’t ever change that fact. Is that simple concept so hard to understand?
I’ve been at this game since before the Mach e launch.

already spelled out. No mustang fan post pics of competitor cars and calls them mustangs.
Pretty plain and simple.

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
So being “gullible” is accepting the reality of a registered nameplate from an organization. Yeah, totally fits the definition that I didn’t even ask for when I was looking for an explanation of how that word fits the context. Guess you lost me there.
Context = SUV + Design elements = Mustang
Gullible = SUV + Design elements = Mustang because Ford said so.
Some Mustang fans (myself included) = Mustangs are not SUV's regardless what Ford says.

Okay you’re right, Ford can keep producing something real that exists, and people like myself can make a simple statement of fact that this thing does indeed exist, but the people that disagree with it can keep pretending in their little bubble communities. That’s fair.
Nobody is disagreeing that the Mach-e Mustang exists. Folks like me disagree that the Mustang name should have been used on it, and in the entire lineage of Ford Mustangs, it has no spot. If you and others can't grasp that, then there is nothing left to discuss. We just disagree completely.

Last edited:

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
I’ve been at this game since before the Mach e launch.

already spelled out. No mustang fan post pics of competitor cars and calls them mustangs.
Pretty plain and simple.
Is it all an act or are you actually this clueless?

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
… brands evolve. That isn’t some secret practice exclusive from the US lol.

BMW literally has X5 Ms and X6 Ms FYI.
i'm going to try to help and it'll probably just be a waste of time but here goes...

when people roll their eyes and declare "some more of that woke bullshit" what they're saying is this:

someone has taken some post modern "its all relative man" spin on something well established for the purpose of cashing in on the thing of the moment.

that's all. so the mustang has always been representative of an affordable, bang for the buck, 4 seater rear wheel drive two door sporty car. its affordable and fun while looking good doing it.

porsche could've built an all electric 911 with 4 doors but they didn't. do you know why? because people would go apeshit and never accept it as a 911. the mustang is no different.

I do not think ford is making a mistake with EV's, i think they made a mistake bastardizing the mustang in the same way they tried to call a taurus a FIVE HUNDRED 20 years ago then went back to calling it a taurus.

they're smart and the EV mustang got tons of hype from the hate. maybe that was the intention cause apparently they are selling like hotcakes to people who would NEVER buy real mustangs... which actually serves to prove the point of the purists.

so there ya go. people are just tired of things they love being tokenized due to the inability of millenials, generation Y, and boomer execs to come up with something original.

oh and it is a bunch of woke bullshit. EV's are the biggest con going right now.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
There is no doubt that it worked, but in doing so, they've basically put themselves in a corner regarding a "Mustang". Meaning, when we talk Mustangs in the future, what are we talking about? Car, suv, truck, family sedan, performance, pony car...
They did the opposite, they opened the door to the idea of making a compelling sub-brand. One could argue backing yourself into a corner would be only making one model in a declining segment.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
again, go back and read what Isaid. Ford has had Shelby and SVT trucks as well. No one is bothered by that. That’s equivalent to bmws M. calling a performance division vehicle a performance division vehicle is logical. But calling a model one thing and then calling another totally different model is not.

That’s literally in my previous post

so once again… moving back to FORD MUSTANG…
They’re expanding the brand of the Mustang. In other words, the brand has evolved. The best you can do is vote with your wallet or tell other people not to call it a Mustang, but it doesn’t change the reality that brands. Change. Period.

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
They did the opposite, they opened the door to the idea of making a compelling sub-brand. One could argue backing yourself into a corner would be only making one model in a declining segment.
Certainly it could be argued. But the Mustang has been around 50 years and with the EV push, it should have no issues in it's exact segment as a full EV vehicle.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
i'm going to try to help and it'll probably just be a waste of time but here goes...

when people roll their eyes and declare "some more of that woke bullshit" what they're saying is this:

someone has taken some post modern "its all relative man" spin on something well established for the purpose of cashing in on the thing of the moment.

that's all. so the mustang has always been representative of an affordable, bang for the buck, 4 seater rear wheel drive two door sporty car. its affordable and fun while looking good doing it.

porsche could've built an all electric 911 with 4 doors but they didn't. do you know why? because people would go apeshit and never accept it as a 911. the mustang is no different.

I do not think ford is making a mistake with EV's, i think they made a mistake bastardizing the mustang in the same way they tried to call a taurus a FIVE HUNDRED 20 years ago then went back to calling it a taurus.

they're smart and the EV mustang got tons of hype from the hate. maybe that was the intention cause apparently they are selling like hotcakes to people who would NEVER buy real mustangs... which actually serves to prove the point of the purists.

so there ya go. people are just tired of things they love being tokenized due to the inability of millenials, generation Y, and boomer execs to come up with something original.

oh and it is a bunch of woke bullshit. EV's are the biggest con going right now.
You’ll have the last laugh if Ford can’t sell the things and the nameplate fizzles up in the future. Until then, Ford has made it real.

That last line is all I needed to read. Fair play, I’m out of this conversation.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
100000000%

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Context = SUV + Design elements = Mustang
Gullible = SUV + Design elements = Mustang because Ford said so.
Some Mustang fans (myself included) = Mustangs are not SUV's regardless what Ford says.

Nobody is disagreeing that the Mach-e Mustang exists. Folks like me disagree that the Mustang name should have been used on it, and in the entire lineage of Ford Mustangs, it has no spot. If you and others can't grasp that, then there is nothing left to discuss. We just disagree completely.
Agree to disagree.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
But there's plenty of Kleenex in the world available for you.

P.s. Design elements don't make an SUV a Mustang.
The way I see it, making the mustang its own sub-brand helps to deliver on Iacoca's original vision. From the beginning, with the gen 1 design, you can see they were doing fullsize mock-ups of a mustang sedan, as well as a wagon I believe at a later point. Let's also not forget that there are almost as many mid-engine mustang concepts throughout history as there are for the Corvette. My point is I think the original mustang team had a lot of grand ambitions, all these fun and radical ideas for what mustang models they could make, that were cut due due to budget limitations. We're seeing that creative vision finally come to life. Can you imagine how cool it will be if Ford flushes out an entire line of mustang performance vehicles? The normal mustang, the mach-e, a sedan, and a c8 rival? Would be awesome.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
They’re expanding the brand of the Mustang. In other words, the brand has evolved. The best you can do is vote with your wallet or tell other people not to call it a Mustang, but it doesn’t change the reality that brands. Change. Period.
the Mustang is already a sub brand of Ford.

sub sub brand is too diluted.
Mustang is a model, not a make.

as stated before, the Mach e being called mustang is a mistake snd will likely be resolved in the near future.

calling everything a mustang isn’t a solution. All it does is cause the actual mustang that people love to disappear or lose all identity while causing (hopefully if you’re Tyler from parts) an initial, short term sales bump on non mustangs using the mustang name. Then the actual Mustang brand does a slow death as the whole reason people love it ceases to be. It then becomes synonymous with trucks, suv grocery getters, station wagons and no longer THE iconic American sports coupe.

All this does is ensure “mustang” doesn’t mean anything anymore. After all anything can be a mustang if it has three taillights on each side and a horse sticker. LOL.

It’s so stupid you couldn’t make it up.

Last edited:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
The way I see it, making the mustang its own sub-brand helps to deliver on Iacoca's original vision. From the beginning, with the gen 1 design, you can see they were doing fullsize mock-ups of a mustang sedan, as well as a wagon I believe at a later point. Let's also not forget that there are almost as many mid-engine mustang concepts throughout history as there are for the Corvette. My point is I think the original mustang team had a lot of grand ambitions, all these fun and radical ideas for what mustang models they could make, that were cut due due to budget limitations. We're seeing that creative vision finally come to life. Can you imagine how cool it will be if Ford flushes out an entire line of mustang performance vehicles? The normal mustang, the mach-e, a sedan, and a c8 rival? Would be awesome.
Again, nailed it. I’d rather have a “Mustang” SUV with an emphasis on carrying over all of the charm and quirks of the Mustang heritage than them making some generic Ford Electromobile.

EVs are the realistic viable futuresimply due to the state of impending legislation and restrictions. Why not be proactive and create the opportunity to transform an existing, recognizable name into something more.

If they said, “the Mustang Mach-E isthe ONLY Mustang from now on” then I’d be pissing in my corn flakes like everyone else. But it existing alongside? Whatever, do you Ford. Just keep making a regular Mustang lineup while you’re at it.

It reminds me of people complaining about the previously mentioned hi-po SUVs. Like, you’re gonna complain about having more options for enthusiasts in the SUV segment? Hell yeah. Not my style but if I ever wanted or needed to shop for an SUV or pickup I’d want all of the fun options available.

The expansion of the Mustang brand enables those opportunities.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
the Mustang is already a sub brand of Ford.

sub sub brand is too diluted.
Mustang is a model, not a make.

as stated before, the Mach e being called mustang is a mistake snd will likely be resolved in the near future.

calling everything a mustang isn’t a solution. All it does is cause the actual mustang that people love to disappear or lose all identity while causing (hopefully if you’re Tyler from parts) an initial, short term sales bump on non mustangs using the mustang name. Then the actual Mustang brand does a slow death as the whole reason people love it ceases to be. It then becomes synonymous with trucks, suv grocery getters, station wagons and no longer THE iconic American sports coupe.
The thing is, those are all assumptions.

As a business, the Mach-E’s been a runaway hit. The only “mistake” would be if it were a sales flop. Clearly the numbers state otherwise.

The only people worried about dilution are purists and traditionalists.
Sponsored