• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

My first Mustang was/is a.. Foxbody / S650

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
  • Banned
S650 Mustang My first Mustang was/is a.. Foxbody / S650 il_570xN.1812489832_ked6

This picture above was my first and most favorite toycar when I was a child. I got it since my birth in 1987 and the car was also made in 1987.

I played with this car for many years and it was/is indestructible.

I still remember that it was a Ford, but as a child and until today I had no clue what kind of model this was.

I lost this car after we moved when I was 14. This car was attached to my soul. It was so stable, so solid and it drove so smooth. I loved this car.

In 2005, I saw a program on television about roadtrips in the USA. The presentor was driving a Ford Mustang convertible from 2005. The car looked good, was very special, especially in my country, because these cars are so rare and I directly fell in love.

I'm from The Netherlands, a country that hates big engines. Cars with a V8 get taxed 3 times the price of the car. A Mustang GT starts from 120.000 USD and that's insane. My mortgage is 140.000 USD, so that means that a Mustang costs the same as my house.

This means that I would "never" have a chance to own a Mustang in my life. Cultures vary around the world and here we normally don't take loans to buy cars. Especially not for a car that costs over three figures. There are some people that finance a car that costs around 30k but normally not more than that.

So I started to go on vacation to the US, rent Mustangs and drive all over. I have visited 25 states including Hawaii and I documented my last roadtrip of 9000 miles on YouTube. Me and my friend drove 2 S550 Mustang GT's and had a lot of fun with them! That was my only way of experiencing the car as it was "mine".

Unfortunately every vacation has an end and I had to return the Mustang back to the rental company.

But now, I want to finish why I started this story with this toy car above.

Today I randomly thought about this toycar and I really wanted to know what model it was. I thought I remember something like Ford Taurus or Ford Taunus.

After many searches my brain was wrong and I found the orange car that was my favorite toy car. It was a Ford Mustang!!!!

Is this a coincidences or what?

- My favourite toy car was a Mustang
- My dreamcar as an adult is a Mustang

And I had no clue that my toy car was a Mustang.

Maybe this is a sign to finish the story of my life by buying one.

At this moment of my life (36), I got in a lucky situation that made it possible to buy a new Mustang.

This means that it's almost time to order a Race Red or Vapor Blue Mustang GT, 10-speed auto, with Active Exhaust, 401A and a night pony pack.

But I will let it slip for this year and maybe also for next year to see what errors the first batches will be on the new Mustang.

The thing I know is, when I buy this car and have fun with it for a couple of years, I will never sell it again. It will stay in my garage until I die because the story of the Mustang is something that was meant to be in my life.

I had never thought that it would be possible in my life to own a car like this.

PS: Let's hope mine would have less panel gaps 😂

Oh and, does anybody know if there was a real Mustang like my toycar? I can't find a Mustang that looked like my toycar. I could not even identify my toycar as a Mustang.

Looking at the model year, it should be a foxbody. But it doesn't look like one to me.
Sponsored

Last edited: