• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone going from an EV to a '24 Mustang?

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I currently own a Model Y Performance and plan on trading it in for a '24 Mustang GT. I know it sounds weird going from electric to gas but I've always wanted to own a Mustang and really like the S650.

So is anybody else in the same boat as me and plans on moving from an electric vehicle back to gas once the 2024's are available?
Sponsored

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
I currently own a Model Y Performance and plan on trading it in for a '24 Mustang GT. I know it sounds weird going from electric to gas but I've always wanted to own a Mustang and really like the S650.

So is anybody else in the same boat as me and plans on moving from an electric vehicle back to gas once the 2024's are available?
Going from a very fast family car, which doesn't cost much to maintain to a much slower gas guzzler, which is also much more expensive to maintain (on average) is something you don't see everyday :D

There's only so much 'fun' one can get from driving electric cars so I assume you did your fair share of spririted driving/accellerating... When that gets 'old' there's nothing left an electric car can give to driving oriented owners... Good choice you made there :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Back2Gas

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Going from a very fast family car, which doesn't cost much to maintain to a much slower gas guzzler, which is also much more expensive to maintain (on average) is something you don't see everyday :D

There's only so much 'fun' one can get from driving electric cars so I assume you did your fair share of spririted driving/accellerating... When that gets 'old' there's nothing left an electric car can give to driving oriented owners... Good choice you made there :thumbsup:
Exactly... it's fast, don't get me wrong. 0-60 in 3.5s is really exhilarating. But there's a point where you get used to that acceleration. The tech is cool, but that's where the fun factor really ends.

The one thing I really want out of a car is sound, and I can't get that from an electric vehicle. The rumble of a V8 is unmatched IMO. I'll also definitely be adding active exhaust to my order :giggle:

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Interesting… I was in my uncles p100d a few weeks ago and couldn’t get enough of the sounds it’s motors made… the frequency just keeps climbing… like you’re revving a engine…6500…8500…12500…25,000, sounded like laser beams ripping us down the pavement.

I havea Low 9 second foxbody… which is violent in its acceleration and sounds but this thing made me feel like an idiot.

glad you’re happy though.
I’d LOVE LOVE LOVE a 4 engine EV mustang.
Probably next up after this one.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I kinda hope we get an EV mustang coupe soon as it's own spinoff model. Something like this would blend the mustang name and EV propulsion together very well.

S650 Mustang Anyone going from an EV to a '24 Mustang? download (3)

MGHTYDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW i4 M50; 2024 Mustang GT Premium

I've ordered a 2024 Mustang GT Premium as my second/weekend car. My i4 M50 will remain as my daily driver.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse (ordered)

I'm in this same exact scenario. I'll keep the Y for commuting, but it's definitely not a "fun" car. Excited for some loud noises from a V8 and shifting gears. Honestly the more I experience electric cars, the less I'm convinced they're the "solution". I think e-fuel is more promising, but doesn't seem to have the backing that EV does.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I had a 2021 Mustang GT premium fastback with manual transmission.

Last summer, traded it in for a 2022 Mach-E GT

Crazy fast, comfortable, sporty, but...

I kinda miss the manual tranny, the rumble, the sound...

Like others have said, once you get a few giggles out of the insane acceleration, you don't floor it every corner after a while or you'll be buying tires left and right so you drive it normally.

So, i'm trading it in for a 2024 Mustang GT premium fastback, 6 spd, 401, PP, actuve exhaust...

Can't wait!!!

OP
OP
Back2Gas

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Just got back from the dealer. Placed an order for a GT premium fastback, 10-spd, 401A, PP, nite pony, active exhaust, magneride.

Now it's time for the waiting game.

MGHTYDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got back from the dealer. Placed an order for a GT premium fastback, 10-spd, 401A, PP, nite pony, active exhaust, magneride.

Now it's time for the waiting game.
Sounds like mine...what color? Did you order the Recaro seats?

OP
OP
Back2Gas

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Sounds like mine...what color? Did you order the Recaro seats?
Oxford white, and the leather seats with the space gray interior.

I really wanted the cooled seats which I was missing from my Model Y

MGHTYDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white, and the leather seats with the space gray interior.

I really wanted the cooled seats which I was missing from my Model Y
I had the cooled seats in my 2016 Mustang GT California Special. Salesperson turned them on without me knowing during the test drive. I was wearing shorts. That was an unexpected and shocking sensation!

OP
OP
Back2Gas

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I can relate to this thread. I've owned a Tesla Model 3 Performance for two years.

The "throw you back in your seat" instant acceleration is fun, and I run into a lot of german performance cars in my part of Florida. I can pull away from just about all of them from a stop light. A recent M5 that launched on me - we were even for about 50 yards.

The Tesla has been reliable and the stereo is good. It's my daily driver and 90 percent of my charging is done in my garage charger. It's nice to not go to gas stations. We use our Audi A4 for long trips.

But it's not just the lack of engine sound, these EVs are so "composed" even when sprinting from a stop light - no noise, no vibrations, no wheel spin, no gear changes. I am a bit bored with this car.

Seriously thinking of ordering a 24 Mustang GT with a MT. My last car was a BMW with MT.

Let me know how it works out with you guys.

Cheers,

Snade
Pretty much summed up why I’m switching to an S650.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
My buddy has a Tesla Model 3 Performance and he's getting a 2024 dark horse. He loves the Model 3 Performance but kind of bored with it. A lot of it is he wants a manual and he just missed the interaction.
Sponsored