• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Who is going from S550 to S650?

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
  • Banned
I'm from the Netherlands, so i have to save my whole life to buy a Mustang GT. A Mustang GT in my country starts from 110.000 Euro!!

Since 2005 I was in love with the Mustangs and everytime a newer version comes out, it looks much better than the previous one (my opinion).

At this moment I am close to have the money to buy the car. But there is just one issue.

I don't really like the S650 that much. Ofcourse it's a nice car, but compared with the S550 when it came out in 2015, I don't have that same awsome feeling.

The S550 is in my opinion the best looking Mustang at the moment but I don't feel like buying that one, because it's already getting "old".

Anyone else has this dilemma?

Especially because the price is so high and I really want a Mustang, I feel like I have to choose for the S650 since that's the newest model.

Wish i had the money when the 2015 came out.
Sponsored

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
truth be told, im quite the opposite, i grew up idolizing the S197 generation mustang, i loved everything that it had to offer and when the S550 came out, i was one of the many people who fucking hated its looks (sound familiar?), it was way too European, its tech is way too fancy, IRS?! in a Mustang?! Ford has lost its mind, it lost its heritage of the iconic 'mustang style', sure it still had the 5.0 but it would never be as cool as the S197 5.0.

i have since grown the fuck up

ive been looking at getting a new car for a few years now and the ONLY thing that had me even considering the S550 was the GT350, 500 being too expensive, the car just felt too old and overdone with 50 different ways to package the same car with different addons but when i saw Ford announce the S650, while i did have some reservations about it, i was sold on their ability to tie in the S550 styling with the Styling queues from Mustangs past. For me the S650 is a no question buy.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I'm from the Netherlands, so i have to save my whole life to buy a Mustang GT. A Mustang GT in my country starts from 110.000 Euro!!

Since 2005 I was in love with the Mustangs and everytime a newer version comes out, it looks much better than the previous one (my opinion).

At this moment I am close to have the money to buy the car. But there is just one issue.

I don't really like the S650 that much. Ofcourse it's a nice car, but compared with the S550 when it came out in 2015, I don't have that same awsome feeling.

The S550 is in my opinion the best looking Mustang at the moment but I don't feel like buying that one, because it's already getting "old".

Anyone else has this dilemma?

Especially because the price is so high and I really want a Mustang, I feel like I have to choose for the S650 since that's the newest model.

Wish i had the money when the 2015 came out.
For your use case, I would say stick with the s550 because mustangs are so expensive in your country. For places like the U.S. I say go for it.

MyPro5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Vapor Blue Mustang GT Manual
Going from S550 Premium GT to Non-Premium S650 GT

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
  • Banned
For your use case, I would say stick with the s550 because mustangs are so expensive in your country. For places like the U.S. I say go for it.
My ultimate feeling would be..

- Buying a brand new Mustang from the factory
- Driving the brand new Mustang all the years untill a newer version comes out
- S550 model

But unfortunately I'm too late for having this ultimate feeling since the S550 is already 8 years old now.

It's not that I don't like the S650, but the rear end is just awkward. Somtimes I like it and many times I don't, depends on the angle

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT (50 Anniversary Package)
I am jumping from a 2015 mustang GT Premium with anniversary package to the s650. I put nearly 130k miles on her in the past 8 years and she is finally showing some signs of wear and tear. So looking forward to the new car smell once again 😀

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive

- S550 model

But unfortunately I'm too late for having this ultimate feeling since the S550 is already 8 years old now.

It's not that I don't like the S650, but the rear end is just awkward. Somtimes I like it and many times I don't, depends on the angle
What about a slightly used import GT350?
That would always give you the special feeling on the road as there will be no successor for the Voodoo engine. Would the price be that much higher than buying a new S650 in your country?

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
  • Banned
What about a slightly used import GT350?
That would always give you the special feeling on the road as there will be no successor for the Voodoo engine. Would the price be that much higher than buying a new S650 in your country?
I don't like the looks of the GT350.

Besides that, they are over the top expensive and there is almost none to buy here. And if there is 1 for sale, it has to be a totalled one that has been fixed and sold as "new".

BlownCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Coyote Blown
Everyone hates the new looks of cars. Then once they realize the new one makes theirs look old, they list their s550. And then they realize it makes their s550 depreciate like a domestic car should, and they drop price lower. And I sit here waiting to cherry pick lol

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer

- S550 model

Seems like it's mostly the plastic defuser most people don't like. I'd imagine there will be quite a few aftermarket parts to fix that.

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Seems like it's mostly the plastic defuser most people don't like. I'd imagine there will be quite a few aftermarket parts to fix that.
For me it the taillights. They look too small and flat. The S550 taillights are the bomb!
Sponsored