• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
gul·li·ble
/ˈɡələb(ə)l/
adjective
  1. easily persuaded to believe something; credulous.
    "an attempt to persuade a gullible public to spend their money"
So it's gullible because we're not woke, jaded, cynical, and gatekeeping-enough to refuse the reality of a brand registering a chassis to a nameplate that they own?

Next thing you guys are going to say is that we're gullible for thinking the Earth is round.
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
So it's gullible because we're not woke, jaded, cynical, and gatekeeping-enough to refuse the reality of a brand registering a chassis to a nameplate that they own?

Next thing you guys are going to say is that we're gullible for thinking the Earth is round.
I take it that you didn’t like the definition you asked for.:blush:

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
It's absolutely amazing how people react these days. You answered a question, and you're immediately attacked. What's even more comical is the usage of "woke" in that reply. Woke would actually be more akin to calling an SUV a Mustang because marketing identifies it as one. :-)

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Can we PLEASE get back on topic (I actually just had to scroll up to remind myself what the topic is!).

Just agree to disagree and move on :like:

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
We need some new info lol! Alot of the threads are getting this way. I'm not expecting anything until EOY though.

Can we PLEASE get back on topic (I actually just had to scroll up to remind myself what the topic is!).

Just agree to disagree and move on :like:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Until you don’t get the last word. And I’m the man-child?

Get it? Yes I understand your opinion that you’ve stated for the 3rd time. But you clearly don’t get it. The point is our opinions don’t matter. Ford owns the name Mustang, so they can call whatever they want a Mustang and guess what? It’s a damn Mustang. The point in all of this is that they just didn’t slap the name Mustang on just any vehicle. They developed a vehicle that has clear links to Mustang design heritage. Another point I made with my previous response, because anyone who knows anything about Mustang wouldn’t confuse any of those vehicles with a Mustang (aside from maybe the 73 Celica GT since Toyota essentially copied design aspects from that era Mustang). When you see any 2+2 coupe driving down the road nobody says oh look at that Mustang, but there are specific design elements of certain 2+2 coupes(Mustangs) that differentiate it as a Mustang. So you are correct, design elements don’t make an “SUV” a Mustang, but Ford creating a CUV with clear design influence from the Mustang heritage and calling it a Mustang DOES make it a Mustang whether you like it or not. Get it? Nevermind, of course you don’t, and you probably never will.
literally no one misunderstands that some at Ford have an asinine desire to confuse the Mustang brand, dilute it into fairy dust and sprinkle that onto a bunch of other non- mustangs in the hope of turning those into mustangs and getting the public to buy more of them. You’re trolling so hard in order to establish something that has not been in question.

what is in question is the soundness of such a move. The logic, the idea that you take something so clearly stamped out and then try to tell everyone at the last minute - “nope that’s not it. It’s this thing I just decided!

the idea that you take a big engine, relatively small car, long hood, short deck, 2+2 customizable sports coupe built and sold by Ford over many generations, and then all of a sudden one day decide “a mustang is no longer a mustang. Now, by decree of Tyler from parts, a mustang is an suv, a truck, a motorcycle, a station wagon, a skateboard, and an iPhone case because I said so. Oh and each of these has mustang design elements. The skateboard has the carbon fiber wheels from the gt500, the motorcycle has a tribar taillight and the iPhone case has a horse engraved on it. So get over it.”

Now all the fans (not you. No fan would post pictures of other brands mustang competitors and call them mustangs. So you do you) who have known and loved what the mustang has been and grown into over the decades are told the thing they love is no longer the thing they love. It’s now a whole bunch of things they don’t really care about.

Except your version isn’t in line with or according to the context of the discussion. Nice fake little straw man though.

the gullibility here, according to context is that anything other than a mustang is a mustang because someone put a horse sticker on it.

the mustang is not a vibe or attitude. It’s a 2+2 sporty coupe with big power that is personably customizable Built and sold by ford. It’s a format.

It’s not locked down to traction amount, engine choice, the way the transmission shifts, etc. but the basic form is what everyone already knows and loves. Not so vibe that mystically transfers over to a cybertruck after a boardroom Gregorian chant session

Last edited:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Simply trying to make sense of the word when it isn't even being used in the right context :)
It's absolutely amazing how people react these days. You answered a question, and you're immediately attacked. What's even more comical is the usage of "woke" in that reply. Woke would actually be more akin to calling an SUV a Mustang because marketing identifies it as one. :-)
In case my sarcastic use of the word wasn't comprehendible for anyone, "woke" would be pretending to own and dictate the rights of a nameplate. You can think as hard as you want, be as vocal as you'd like, but the reality is that several tons-worth of *Mustang* Mach-Es rollung off the assembly line on a daily with a full brand's worth of promo material and vehicle registration info behind it. Deny it all you want. Pretend they don't exist. Stay in your little woke igloos :)

:)

Sorry Twin :)

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
literally no one misunderstands that some at Ford have an asinine desire to confuse the Mustang brand, dilute it into fairy dust and sprinkle that onto a bunch of other non- mustangs in the hope of turning those into mustangs and getting the public to buy more of them. You’re trolling so hard in order to establish something that has not been in question.

what is in question is the soundness of such a move. The logic, the idea that you take something so clearly stamped out and then try to tell everyone at the last minute - “nope that’s not it. It’s this thing I just decided!

the idea that you take a big engine, relatively small car, long hood, short deck, 2+2 customizable sports coupe built and sold by Ford over many generations, and then all of a sudden one day decide “a mustang is no longer a mustang. Now, by decree of Tyler from parts, a mustang is an suv, a truck, a motorcycle, a station wagon, a skateboard, and an iPhone case because I said so. Oh and each of these has mustang design elements. The skateboard has the carbon fiber wheels from the gt500, the motorcycle has a tribar taillight and the iPhone case has a horse engraved on it. So get over it.”

Now all the fans (not you. No fan would post pictures of other brands mustang competitors and call them mustangs. So you do you) who have known and loved what the mustang has been and grown into over the decades are told the thing they love is no longer the thing they love. It’s now a whole bunch of things they don’t really care about.

Except your version isn’t in line with or according to the context of the discussion.

the gullibility here, according to context is that anything other than a mustang is a mustang because someone put a horse sticker on it.
You could make the same case for many brands.

Ferrari said they would never make an SUV.

Porsche said the same thing.

BMW's M GmbH said they would never dilute the M brand nor make M SUVs. Now the M badge is on everything and they make 5000lb+ hulking monsters.

Welcome to the 21st century where businesses don't actually care about our principles as much as anyone cares to think; they're in it for profit, so the marketing and product planning will hurt some feelings, but at the end of the day, shit changes. Just like the dictionary. Things evolve.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
You could make the same case for many brands.

Ferrari said they would never make an SUV.

Porsche said the same thing.

BMW's M GmbH said they would never dilute the M brand nor make M SUVs. Now the M badge is on everything and they make 5000lb+ hulking monsters.

Welcome to the 21st century where businesses don't actually care about our principles as much as anyone cares to think; they're in it for profit, so the marketing and product planning will hurt some feelings, but at the end of the day, shit changes. Just like the dictionary. Things evolve.
were not interested in moving goal posts here.

We are talking about the Ford Mustang.
Let’s stay on track

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
were not interested in moving goal posts here.

We are talking about the Ford Mustang.
Let’s stay on track
The examples are essentially analogous which is the point.

Brands evolve. Refuting the Mach-E is like trying to deny reality.

Is anyone actually happy that there’s a 4500lb SUV that has nothing to do with manuals and V8s? Maybe that weird handful of techies in the silicon region, but mostly no, obviously not the enthusiast community. Does that mean I’m going to deny that THIS is what Ford’s chosen to do? No. Why? It’s the direction that they’ve chosen. It’s selling well for them. I couldn’t give a rat’s ass unless the Mach E sales help Ford’s fleet emission averages so that can KEEP selling regular Mustangs for as long as possible. In which case, fuck yeah, go Mach E. Keep selling like hotcakes.

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
Simply trying to make sense of the word when it isn't even being used in the right context :)
Nice back pedal. Not gonna work though...

In case my sarcastic use of the word wasn't comprehendible for anyone, "woke" would be pretending to own and dictate the rights of a nameplate.
Nice back pedal. You were trying to be smart and ended up shooting yourself in the foot. There was nothing sarcastic about it. Woke has nothing to do with what you have stated above. Nice try in removing your foot though.

You can think as hard as you want, be as vocal as you'd like, but the reality is that several tons-worth of *Mustang* Mach-Es rollung off the assembly line on a daily with a full brand's worth of promo material and vehicle registration info behind it. Deny it all you want. Pretend they don't exist. Stay in your little woke igloos :)

:)
The only one being vocal is you. You and others can try to ram stuff down peoples throats all you want, but it's never going to change the fact that some folks (myself included) do not see the Mach-E as a Mustang.

P.s. Identifying an SUV as a Mustang because Ford said we should is being woke.

+1 for the apology to Twin

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
The examples are essentially analogous which is the point.

Brands evolve. Refuting the Mach-E is like trying to deny reality.

Is anyone actually happy that there’s a 4500lb SUV that has nothing to do with manuals and V8s? Maybe that weird handful of techies in the silicon region, but mostly no, obviously not the enthusiast community. Does that mean I’m going to deny that THIS is what Ford’s chosen to do? No. Why? It’s the direction that they’ve chosen. It’s selling well for them. I couldn’t give a rat’s ass unless the Mach E sales help Ford’s fleet emission averages so that can KEEP selling regular Mustangs for as long as possible. In which case, fuck yeah, go Mach E. Keep selling like hotcakes.
Wrong. Different companies and philosophies, not to mention products from other countries. America has done things differently for a long time.

Mustang doesn’t go somewhere just because Ferrari does or bmw.
And besides that, your point has zero analogy.

Ferrari is making an electric suv. Great. But they aren’t stupidly calling it an Aventador.

bmw is making electric SUVs, but they aren’t calling an E SUV the M4.

bmw already uses M on SUVS JUST LIKE FORD USED SVT ON CARS AND TRUCKS. And no one ever had an issue with that a performance division adding performance division branding on performance division vehicles. so that has ZERO bearing on this. Bro just stop. It’s embarrassing for you. The issue is calling a product something it’s not.

Apple sells an iPhone. They don’t also call the MacBook an iPhone, though both can also have the “pro” branding

so again, we aren’t interested in moving goalposts or worrying about what some other company is doing in product lines that don’t relate at all to this situation.

we are talking about Ford Mustang. Please. Try to keep up with the actual topic.

Last edited:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Nice back pedal. Not gonna work though...

Nice back pedal. You were trying to be smart and ended up shooting yourself in the foot. There was nothing sarcastic about it. Woke has nothing to do with what you have stated above. Nice try in removing your foot though.

The only one being vocal is you. You and others can try to ram stuff down peoples throats all you want, but it's never going to change the fact that some folks (myself included) do not see the Mach-E as a Mustang.

P.s. Identifying an SUV as a Mustang because Ford said we should is being woke.

+1 for the apology to Twin
So being “gullible” is accepting the reality of a registered nameplate from an organization. Yeah, totally fits the definition that I didn’t even ask for when I was looking for an explanation of how that word fits the context. Guess you lost me there.

Being “woke” is slang for trying to be edgy and refuting norms (or for being overtly progressive which is an entirely separate discussion). Completely appropriate for labeling a crowd that wants to deny reality imo.

“You and others can try to ram stuff down peoples throats all you want, but it's never going to change the fact that some folks (myself included) do not see the Mach-E as a Mustang.”

Okay you’re right, Ford can keep producing something real that exists, and people like myself can make a simple statement of fact that this thing does indeed exist, but the people that disagree with it can keep pretending in their little bubble communities. That’s fair.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Wrong. Different companies and philosophies, not to mention products from other countries. America has done things differently for a long time.

Mustang doesn’t go somewhere just because Ferrari does or bmw.
And besides that, your point has zero analogy.

Ferrari is making an electric suv. Great. But they aren’t stupidly calling it an Aventador.

bmw is making electric SUVs, but they aren’t calling an E SUV the M4.

bmw already uses M on SUVS JUST LIKE FORD USED SVT ON CARS AND TRUCKS. so that has ZERO bearing on this. Bro just stop. It’s embarrassing for you.

so again, we aren’t interested in moving goalposts or worrying about what some other company is doing in product lines that don’t relate at all to this situation.

we are talking about Ford Mustang. Please. Try to keep up with the actual topic.
… brands evolve. That isn’t some secret practice exclusive from the US lol.

BMW literally has X5 Ms and X6 Ms FYI.

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI

Damn, you are more dense than that other dude. And a bit late to the game.

And I’m not a fan of Mustangs because I made a point that it is much more than simply a 2+2 coupe? That’s just silly.

Oh and your statement of what makes it a Mustang is a bit off since the majority of mustangs sold in its history are not of the “big engine” type, and there have also been a fair share of big heavy Mustangs as well; but if you take that out of the equation all of your other factors are design elements. So I guess design elements are what make a Mustang a Mustang after all. Hmm would you look at that. So take Mustang design elements along with the most important thing you said, “built and sold by ford”, and the argument is done. Ford decides what is and what isn’t a Mustang, and all the crying and foot stomping you, or I, or anyone else does won’t ever change that fact. Is that simple concept so hard to understand?
Sponsored