• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Mustang is not a vibe, an attitude, a truck, a station wagon, an suv, or a Nissan z.

Mustang is what immediately pops into the minds of everyone around the world as soon as they hear the word. Everyone knows what it is. The sooner the farce ends, the better the actual mustang and itā€™s fans fare.

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
bro. Iā€™ve been sparing you. Go back and read myUNEDITED post. I clearly said hot hatch. In reply to another fallacy post.

you sound ridiculous right now. Actually for a while now but this is a new low. I was right. You are wrong.

donā€™t make me quote myself. Lol
Are you suggesting I edited your quote?! HAHA! HAHAHAHA!!!!šŸ˜‚

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Are you suggesting I edited your quote?! HAHA! HAHAHAHA!!!!šŸ˜‚
what are you on man?
I wanted you to read what I posted!

you said something I did not say. Plain snd simple.

you were just wrong. Ok. You made me quote myself. Coming upā€¦

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
except they are just slapping the name on an SUV EV. Thatā€™s not a hot hatch. Lol
And there is discussion that it may not stop there.
And there is discussion that it may not stop there. Though thatā€™s already enough of a problem as is.

a mustang is a mustang. Not a soccer mom suv.

for performance lineup they can revive svt or ford performance branding.
Not call one model another model. Thatā€™s poor Communications at the least.
Itā€™s a dumb move.
Call the suv itā€™s own thing and be done. Everything will benefit.

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
what are you on man?
I wanted you to read what I posted!

you said something I did not say. Plain snd simple.

you were just wrong. Ok. You made me quote myself. Coming upā€¦
Haha. Nice you got me there. Ok ok ok. I was wrong with that one. Everything youā€™ve ever said is right. My mistake. Iā€™ll go hide under my rock now.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Except for the part where he said they just slapped the Mustang name on an SUV. Except for the part where he said itā€™s not a hatch. Except for the part where he thinks he can say what is and what is not a Mustangā€¦
he said its not a hot hatch and he's right. its an SUV. those are different things.
you're missing key elements to what is being said to the detriment of your own argument.

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
he said its not a hot hatch and he's right. its an SUV. those are different things.
you're missing key elements to what is being said to the detriment of your own argument.
Youā€™re late to the game. We worked it out.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
the mustang? Absolutely.

what? You want to pretend the f150 hasnā€™t sold a bazillion times more every year since forever? FAR More per year than the Mach e? And all that time ford never felt the need to call the truck s mustang. Not even the lightning - an ev that used to use a supercharged v8.

there goes your little whatever you think you had. Lol

laughable stuff.

the mustang doesnā€™t have to have f150 sales to be a success in its segment. Neither does the Mach e. But the mustang doesnā€™t need to suffer so that the Mach e can succeed. See f150 as proof. Your argument never had legs. Itā€™s done and done.

if Tyler from parts really needed the mustang to be under an umbrella for the future it would have been f150. But that would have been almost as stupid as putting it under an suv that sells far less. Seriously where do some people come up with logic thst destroys itself. Amazing post Pandemic brain stuff.
S650 Mustang Ezra Dyer: Mustang Is a Vibe.... It's an Attitude, Not a Format. f5s9KAM

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Mustang is not a vibe, an attitude, a truck, a station wagon, an suv, or a Nissan z.

Mustang is what immediately pops into the minds of everyone around the world as soon as they hear the word. Everyone knows what it is. The sooner the farce ends, the better the actual mustang and itā€™s fans fare.
Itā€™s all about the marketing. No logical car enthusiast believes thatā€™s a Mustang. It worked. Got more peoples attention using the name. Now itā€™s time to get back to reality.

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Ezra Dyer is wrong!

The Mustang is a vehicle from a special vehicle category.
From a European perspective, the V8 is not unreasonably called "GT".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_tourer#Characteristics

If you take away the characteristics of a vehicle, you take away its soul.
Especially with a vehicle like the Mustang, the name obliges to follow the tradition.
Accordingly, you can't borrow the name for another vehicle category.
There are already too many soul-less vehicles out there, a Mustang shouldn't be one of them.
Unfortunately, Ford has already taken the first steps down this wrong road (šŸ“ Mach-E).
They have already done this three times and for 30 years (see 1974-2004*), but ultimately left the wrong path.
Will it end well again, if it really comes to the point that Mustang becomes an arbitrarily interchangeable label?

*The Mustangs from that era really didn't itch anyone over here, I don't think more needs to be said.

Last edited:

detamble13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Camaro SS LS3
My brother in law just bought a Mach E and when he brought it over I picked his brain as to what he thought about it being called a Mustang. He personally didn't care. He was looking for an EV and is a Ford guy so he felt comfortable staying within the brand and couldn't find an F150 lightning. Admittedly I did not tell him I'm on a forum discussing why the name is a mistake. In his case it was the Ford brand familiarity and powertrain that made the sale.

It was a MachE4 meaning it has AWD, 260 something horsepower and 460 lb/ft of torque. He let me drive so I could experience an EV, my first. It's a nice quiet CUV with decent power. I floored it from a slow roll and the instantaneous torque was noticeable. I imagine the GT would be better at making an impression. Maybe I'd need to really wring this thing out but I wasn't able to draw a comparison to the two door Mustangs I've driven. Anyways, I found the Mach E to be a nice car but similar to the car only in name.
Sponsored