• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
Dub347sbf

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Thought I remember the Exhaust Manifolds changing. Or maybe it was something to do with the Godzilla Engine.

Ford Performance will be offering the Factory Active Exhaust for 18+ Mustangs that came without it.
I think the exhaust manifold changes are to both engines.

read of rear suspension based on 350….
This thread is about the coyote engine differences between the two models. Here is the overall differences thread. https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/gt-or-dark-horse-the-important-differences.156327/

OP
OP
Dub347sbf

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
There is general info that the camshafts are strengthened. I’ll look later for more sources.
I would love to see more sources, as I cannot find any other than MT. The only other article that talks about the engine changes seems to point toward having the same camshafts. That was a quote by Ed Krenz, Chief Nameplate Engineer for the Mustang, that I posted at the beginning stating the only difference was the connecting rods.

OP
OP
Dub347sbf

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
I believe Carlos also mentioned it in his video
He also says it has forged pistons, and Ford doesn't mention that anywhere. Doesn't sound like he is correct.

If you go by Ed Krenz's quote, the only changes are the forged rods. Which is why I am hoping for a higher redline.

OP
OP
Dub347sbf

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Last edited:

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Another article eith Ed Krenz on Dark Horse Coyote

Another article where connecting rods and higher cylinder pressures are mentioned. No Camshaft changes are mentioned. What does higher cylinder pressure equate to, more rpm?

Here is the podcast from Mecum with Ed Krenz talking about the Dark Horse engine.
Mecum podcast with Ed Krenz
the mustang gt we can pretty much assume will be close too 500hp, the big wtf is the dark horse. They haven’t been transparent at all about exactly what they’ve changed other than higher cylinder pressures which doesn’t exactly make a lot of sense unless they’ve done other modifications that they’re not telling the public about. I find it all really really odd and it’s the same story about the new 6.8 gas engine in the super duty’s, ford isn’t coming clear on any details even going as far to say it’s got a forged crank then showing a picture of it being cast

i hate this crap just tells us what you have going on and then show the numbers when ready this is just bad fore
Play lmfao

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Have you seen a dark horse dash yet?
NOPE
So it also wouldn’t surprise me if they push it out a few hundred rpm
I thought I saw a photo showing 7500 rpm redline in one, however, I do not recall where I saw the photo or if it was from a video. Will report back if I happen upon it again with a link.

guzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
Probably higher RPM in the dark horse and with that more power. That’s what differentiated the power gain in the boss 302. higher breathing intake and better valve train.

OP
OP
Dub347sbf

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Probably higher RPM in the dark horse and with that more power. That’s what differentiated the power gain in the boss 302. higher breathing intake and better valve train.
True, but there is no evidence of a higher breathing intake and better valve train for the DH. Only upgraded rods and tuning announced so far. Hoping for a redline bump too, but no confirmation.
Sponsored