• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Active Exhaust: Dark Horse vs GT

Hoofprint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Convertible
Other than the tips, what is the difference, between the stock Dark Horse active exhaust and the stock GT?

I like the look of the Dark Horse tips, will the DH exhaust bolt right up on to a GT?
Sponsored

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Other than the tips, what is the difference, between the stock Dark Horse active exhaust and the stock GT?

I like the look of the Dark Horse tips, will the DH exhaust bolt right up on to a GT?
I remember Roket saying that the resonator was different between the two, which is what I think gives the Dark Horse a little bit of a different tone.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2003 Cobra Yote Swapped, Braptor!
Not 100% sure what makes them different other than the tips but they do claim it flows much better than the standard and active GT kits. As far as fitting the DH system on the GT I don't believe the tips will fit the active rear lower valance as the DH one has much larger openings for the tips than the GT does. Our active GT is here now. I'm taking delivery of our DH Friday so I'll do some measurements just to be sure but I don't believe the DH system will fit the GT valance.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
the Dark Horse has a unique diffuser not only for the diff cooler, but also for bigger exhaust tips. the resonator is a different part number, but i don't know about the internal parts of it or the mufflers. the exhaust tips are also lower than the GT's, so to look right you would need to buy and install the Dark Horse diffuser too, which could cause problems if you don't have parking sensors, as all Dark Horses do and that would leave gaps in the diffuser
Sponsored