• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Active Exhaust: Sport vs Track

Richthebish12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2022 F-150
Can anyone actually tell the difference between the sounds of Track and Sport? I can't for the life of me.

On my S550 I had catless headers paired to MBRP Street which was loud. I do NOT miss being that obnoxious, however I am a little underwhelmed with the track mode, even though it sounds good for a factory exhuast. Thought about putting on an x pipe but don't want to regret it.

However, loving the quiet startup when leaving for work early in the morning.
Sponsored

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
sport has the valves open a little more than normal mode, but the main thing is it's very dynamic, and the valves will open more depending on speed, throttle, engine load, and the like. track is just valves open all the time

OP
OP
Richthebish12

Richthebish12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2022 F-150
sport has the valves open a little more than normal mode, but the main thing is it's very dynamic, and the valves will open more depending on speed, throttle, engine load, and the like. track is just valves open all the time
Thank you! Didn't know this.

MagneticMartian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I can't tell the difference at all, it's all too quiet for me. I want to do a muffler delete with an H or X pipe but I just don't want to get some errors from cutting off the active exhaust. I wish there was a way around that.

stick_s650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
I might be in the minority here but I can absolutely tell a difference between Sport and Track, I think the step that I struggle to hear a difference is Normal to Sport.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
I might be in the minority here but I can absolutely tell a difference between Sport and Track, I think the step that I struggle to hear a difference is Normal to Sport.
That's more my case as well, although opening the windows helps. To be sure, I mostly only care about three modes, quiet, normal and wide open.

I'm very happy the car can be so quiet. Better for phone calls and ... when you want to avoid disturbing others. Or just talking to your lovely passenger who patiently agreed to buying the raucous beast in the first place. 😉
Sponsored