• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Will the 2024 Motor be a Gen 4 Coyote?

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
PTWA makes the engine cheaper to build, for sure. I don't think there's any benefit to the end user. It makes the block a throwaway (or at least much more expensive to "rebuild").

I agree Ford is overly conservative with their tunes and octane rating. My Toybaru has to have 91 and they recommend 93. So I found a place to gas up with 93. Not really that big of a deal. I'd definitely pay the money to fill the Mustang with 93 in exchange for more power.
there is very little benefit of a spray in liner to an end user unless it was maybe a closed deck block and it helped out with piston cooling. That’s a real stretch and as far as cost you bet. I’d imagine they’re saving 20-30 bucks on every engine NeverMind the machining costs. For ford it’s a win win but for people who pay attention it just makes the engine more expensive on the back end
Sponsored

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
PTWA makes the engine cheaper to build, for sure. I don't think there's any benefit to the end user. It makes the block a throwaway (or at least much more expensive to "rebuild").

I agree Ford is overly conservative with their tunes and octane rating. My Toybaru has to have 91 and they recommend 93. So I found a place to gas up with 93. Not really that big of a deal. I'd definitely pay the money to fill the Mustang with 93 in exchange for more power.
Ford should just make the Mustang premium required and just get it over with. Gas quality continues to nose dive so why bother with having the engines Ecu worry about 87 and anything in between unless it’s an emergency. They’ll always have a timing table for bad gas

so my thing is Fock it they already rate the engines on 93. So it’s a total joke if you run 87 currently

atl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2003 Mach One
Getting to 500hp if they use the mach 1 variant wouldn’t be very hard the issue really is after that. When the coyote came out it was slated for a 10 year lifespan. Once we start getting into 500-525hp they’re going to have to either
1) spend a lot of money higher compression, better heads, cams etc
2) just start fresh with a new engine

we really are peaking this architecture for a production version
I’m not fully sure if you know this, but the Mach 1/Bullitt is just a gen 3 coyote with a swapped intake manifold. That’s where the extra 15 HP comes from. That would easily be more disappointing than anything. I would expect an actual gen 4 or doing an upgrade to a non flat plane crank 5.2 before they did that. The Mach 1’s genuinely aren’t anything special in terms of performance and engine like the old models were.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
First we get the direct injection and cheap plasma wire transfer arc cylinder liners... now auto stop start and cylinder deactivation? The Coyote really went downhill.
Not sure what coyote you're talking about that went downhill, but in pretty much anyone else's mind then Gen 3 is equal to or ahead of the Gen 2 in terms of any measurable aspect.

Last edited:

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I’m not fully sure if you know this, but the Mach 1/Bullitt is just a gen 3 coyote with a swapped intake manifold. That’s where the extra 15 HP comes from. That would easily be more disappointing than anything. I would expect an actual gen 4 or doing an upgrade to a non flat plane crank 5.2 before they did that. The Mach 1’s genuinely aren’t anything special in terms of performance and engine like the old models were.
Im fully aware that the mach 1 and bullitt are washed over gt350 parts honestly it’s reminds me of the 01 model than anything else
So either we are fixing to get an update mach 1/bullitt engine or something new

just my opinion

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
It’s not exactly wrong ford had a lot of growing pains with the gen 3 that flat out didn’t exist with the prior gen 2 at launch. The sad truth is with tightening emissions and more oems using a boost to offset CO2 regulations. N/A engines are pretty much dead so ford is basically throwing every trick they can to get the song going. Which is why I’m hoping they just go all out and give the community what they want

Cav427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Perhaps a valve drop option like the 2.7 Ecoboost in the Bronco on the Coyote?

I have a 2019 low miles, no intention on buying a newer mustang unless they go to the 6.8 L or 7.3 L V-8 and offer more HP. 5.2 Predator would be a nice option too, but I don't see that happening.

May be interesting to see what happens if a dual snorkel air intake is offered.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Perhaps a valve drop option like the 2.7 Ecoboost in the Bronco on the Coyote?

I have a 2019 low miles, no intention on buying a newer mustang unless they go to the 6.8 L or 7.3 L V-8 and offer more HP. 5.2 Predator would be a nice option too, but I don't see that happening.

May be interesting to see what happens if a dual snorkel air intake is offered.
this is exactly my issue with the new model it has to be a worthy upgrade not just a nice interior and 500hp. Honestly it feels like 2005 all over again no competition so let’s be lazy

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
It’s not exactly wrong ford had a lot of growing pains with the gen 3 that flat out didn’t exist with the prior gen 2 at launch.
Care to elaborate on what issues the Gen 3 had in 2018 that the Gen 2 or Gen 1 didn't have in 2015 and 2011 respectively? I'm not talking about ticks or noises that people hear and are annoyed by, more talking about actual issues with the engine that needed to be addressed by Ford after the first year.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Care to elaborate on what issues the Gen 3 had in 2018 that the Gen 2 or Gen 1 didn't have in 2015 and 2011 respectively? I'm not talking about ticks or noises that people hear and are annoyed by, more talking about actual issues with the engine that needed to be addressed by Ford after the first year.
They had a lot of piston wall clearance issues resulting in a good number of failed engines. Aka the tolerances were too tight and because it’s a semi open deck block, it would cause wall damage. You can just do a google search on the early engines. They also had some oddball VCT issues and some DI issues. All fairly minor stuff that didn’t exist in the previous generation

aka it took them. 2 years to get most of the bugs out. And even now the semi open deck block is still the biggest long term issue

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Not sure what coyote you're talking about that went downhill, but in pretty much anyone else's mind then Gen 3 is equal to or ahead of the Gen 2 in terms of any measurable aspect.
It seems obvious to me, but here we go. I think having an eggshell cylinder liner is not the best choice. I prefer to have fewer parts, so DI plus PI with an extra high pressure fuel pump and double the injectors is another change I don't like.

It's great that the later engine makes more power and revs higher though. If you are just going to own it for a 5-10 years max and are not likely to modify it, the Gen 3 is fine. And really it's fine anyway. Any problem can always be surmounted if you want to badly enough. It's just different - more complex and expensive to fix.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
It seems obvious to me, but here we go. I think having an eggshell cylinder liner is not the best choice. I prefer to have fewer parts, so DI plus PI with an extra high pressure fuel pump and double the injectors is another change I don't like.

It's great that the later engine makes more power and revs higher though. If you are just going to own it for a 5-10 years max and are not likely to modify it, the Gen 3 is fine. And really it's fine anyway. Any problem can always be surmounted if you want to badly enough. It's just different - more complex and expensive to fix.
This is 100 percent correct, it’s a great engine buts not going to be an engine down the road in 10 years people go wow i gotta swap that. Which is why the gen 2s are still the hot ticket for the big power builds

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
This is 100 percent correct, it’s a great engine buts not going to be an engine down the road in 10 years people go wow i gotta swap that. Which is why the gen 2s are still the hot ticket for the big power builds
Not to mention only a 3 year run and they look the best to true purists. Gen 2's will be the ones to hold onto over the next 20-25 years.
Sponsored