• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, GT350
Given the rear camera would be centralized in the trunk lid, I'm assuming there'll be another badge to the right of the GT badge in the picture. If that GT badge was centralized, the camera would be between the G and the T.

If that makes sense :)
Interesting observation. I'm theorizing what could it say after? California? Mustang? Sport? That color is new too.
Sponsored

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
Don’t like that it’s not black. Sure it was a pain to keep scratch free and clean but it broke up the color on the car and added contrast. I think without it the rear would look too much like what they did with the Mach e and be kind of bland.
Color is Brittany Blue, available on S550 GT500.
According to Benjamin Moore paint: "This gentle sky blue with a light gray undertone is soft, airy and calming". Based on their definition, is this the color someone wants for a performance vehicle?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
According to Benjamin Moore paint: "This gentle sky blue with a light gray undertone is soft, airy and calming". Based on their definition, is this the color someone wants for a performance vehicle?
OK, are you trying to be annoying or does it come naturally? :giggle:

Who the f-ck cares about Benjamin Moore?

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang GT gets new badge design and loses black trunk trim - revealed in latest Stampede teaser 1662217257019

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
It actually looks pretty good on the GT500.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Hmm. Looks two tone. Maybe unique to the "performance" edition in select colors and the other versions will still be black?
I thought so too until I noticed the lighting and the paint color in the shade areas is the same on the decal area and above the camera. Pretty sure it’s the lighting. But would be interesting to see two tone. It’s been showing up in other products since late 2020.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
The logo and the color looks retro for me. I wish to see a “more retro” design than Gen6.
I don’t know. I feel like we’ve been getting straight retro since 2005. Getting kind of played out. I’d like to see some forward motion.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Ford Fusion
I thought so too until I noticed the lighting and the paint color in the shade areas is the same on the decal area and above the camera. Pretty sure it’s the lighting. But would be interesting to see two tone. It’s been showing up in other products since late 2020.
Well if that's the case the angles and lighting in this pic threw me off big time with the paint and the "offset" camera. :)

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t know. I feel like we’ve been getting straight retro since 2005. Getting kind of played out. I’d like to see some forward motion.
I would say it's a modern interpretation of the Steve McQueen "Bullitt" car except there were no more "Bullitt" wheels produced after 2014 model year except for the 2019 "Bullitt".

Kona.5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang RTR
maybe the "500 badge" is to the right of the "GT" on the other side of the back up camera!!!
No chance they would already have a Gt 500. If they do its gonna be doo doo kaka in comparison to the S550

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Highend models will always come very late in the model cyclus. If Gen 7 is planned to run until 2028, don't expect a new GT500 until 2026.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK, are you trying to be annoying or does it come naturally? :giggle:

Who the f-ck cares about Benjamin Moore?

1662217257019.jpeg
7136"]
[/QUOTE]
Your right, who cares what Benjamin Moore says. Ford has been buying this color from Dupont Automotive Finishes since 1967. The same color was previously called Glacier Blue and Huron Blue, respectively. The color formulation has been used primarily by Ford; but also used by Mercury, and Lincoln. My Dad's 1971 Ford pickup was Glacier Blue and Polar White (two-tone).

Last edited:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Previously Brittany Blue was, also, called Glacier Blue and Huron Blue. This paint dates back to 1953 and appeared on the following models: Comet, Cougar, Fairlane, Falcon, Ford Truck, and Galaxie. My Dad had the same color on his 1971 Ford truck. A friend of mine Ford 1970
Your right, who cares what Benjamin Moore says. Ford has been buying this color from Dupont Automotive Finishes since 1967. The same color was previously called Glacier Blue and Huron Blue, respectively. The color formulation has been used primarily by Ford; but also used by Mercury, and Lincoln. My Dad's 1971 Ford pickup was Glacier Blue and Polar White (two-tone).
interesting history.

it does look like a decidedly retro color.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Because it's classy, it's elegant, but it's more eye catching than a white, gray, silver or black car. It's nice to have colors that are unique, without being super over the top. Colors like this and area 51 are both gorgeous. Some of the best colors ford's had in years. Would love to see a new mint/teal color on the mustang, but I'm not holding my breath.
Sponsored