• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
According to @amk91 (post below):

That's very much S650 to a degree. Wasn't expecting this to be shown, let alone in 2020. Should be seeing mules testing soon (behind schedule), followed by what is called Verification Prototype 1.

This is the ‘Progressive Energy In Strength’ Sculpture currently on display at the 2020 Beijing Auto Show's Ford booth.

S650 Mustang Mustang S650 Design Previewed by ‘Progressive Energy In Strength’ Sculpture Ford-Progressive-Energy-In-Strength-design-installation-previews-the-design-of-next-generation
S650 Mustang Mustang S650 Design Previewed by ‘Progressive Energy In Strength’ Sculpture Ford-Progressive-Energy-In-Strength-design-installation-previews-the-design-of-next-generation
Sponsored

OP
OP
cmxPPL219

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
That's very much S650 to a degree. Wasn't expecting this to be shown, let alone in 2020. Should be seeing mules testing soon (behind schedule), followed by what is called Verification Prototype 1.
Thanks for the insight :thumbsup:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
That front end is also very similar to one of the renderings that was released as part of the Mach E launch. I always thought it odd that they showed this one, as it's clearly a coupe and not an SUV!

I prefer the shape of the lights on the sculpture though.

S650 Mustang Mustang S650 Design Previewed by ‘Progressive Energy In Strength’ Sculpture S650 7

S650 Mustang Mustang S650 Design Previewed by ‘Progressive Energy In Strength’ Sculpture S650 A

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible CO/Auto

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
The title somehow sounds a bit like an announcement for electrification? If you consider electrification something progressive that is of course.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Awesome find. I really like what they did here. Has a lot of Mach-E elements, but it's still looking like an evolution of Gen 6. Reminds me of the PB18 e-tron concept form Audi

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K7979, MR, Nav, B&O, Cover
Not a fan of gigantic grilles either.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Ahhh great, Mustang is about to join the “obnoxiously oversized grille” club... :eyeroll:

Edit: strange that Admin edited out my “thanks China” remark... it’s pretty common knowledge that ridiculous oversized grilles are the direct result of a growing market in China and their love of these black holes in the front of the car

Last edited:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
If it is going to look anything like that sculpture I'm already a fan. The grille design looks like it could be done both in an open ICE as well as a closed electro variant without changing the base design of the front end.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
That looks almost like a Mustang belnded with a Infiniti Q50 front end.

I dont get why it's so hard for cars to stand apart anymore.
Sponsored