• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

X-Plan on New Mustang

bobbyh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The dealer I got the car from has retired folks on call that drive out to get the cars and drive them back.

In my case they were swapping an Escape for my Mustang. I was not worried about damage. If they did I wouldn't have accepted the car until it was fixed or would have walked away.

My wife's 14 Dart came from a dealership 200 miles away and my Focus ST I traded for the Mustang came from a dealer about 75 miles away

For me it's either order the car or except one from another dealership. I am not going to compromise what I want to get one off the lot of a local dealer.

The Ford dealer I have bought 3 cars from now has a person dedicated to locating cars and making the deal for a trade.
Does the dealer charge for getting a car from another dealer and transport?
Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Does the dealer charge for getting a car from another dealer and transport?
The three times I have gotten cars from other dealerships there was no discussion of a charge. I also had an agreed price before they located the cars so the cost associated with getting the car came out of their profit.

bobbyh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The three times I have gotten cars from other dealerships there was no discussion of a charge. I also had an agreed price before they located the cars so the cost associated with getting the car came out of their profit.
Thanks!

I'll keep that in mind. I'm trying to set up dealers to locate what I want and I'll make sure to tell them what I'm willing to pay.

My problem so far is I'm trying to do this online. The salespeople keep asking me to stop in or give them my #. I don't have time to deal with things that way and all I ask for is their final price (and they almost never will give me any concrete #'s).

I'm ready to spend money on a car and they won't take it. :shrug:

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe 351w, 15 Mustang GT PP, 04 F150
Thanks!

I'll keep that in mind. I'm trying to set up dealers to locate what I want and I'll make sure to tell them what I'm willing to pay.

My problem so far is I'm trying to do this online. The salespeople keep asking me to stop in or give them my #. I don't have time to deal with things that way and all I ask for is their final price (and they almost never will give me any concrete #'s).

I'm ready to spend money on a car and they won't take it. :shrug:
What I have done in these situations is tell them I am very busy with my job and email is the best form of communication for me. I tell them I am looking for the best price on a the exact vehicle I described to them. There are a couple that don't like to give numbers over email, but most do.

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
is x-plan available on the 2016 gt350?

Last edited:

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
gt350s are not eligible for x-plan.

People need to learn how x plan works.

The gt350 is eligible for x plan. All cars and trucks are. It's up to the dealer. Ford only requires certain cars that are in stock to be x planned for dealers who participate. No mustangs are on that list at all. Think business and work vehicles. Beyond that, it's entirely up to the dealer. They can x plan a gt350 if they want to. Never hurts to ask.

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I know for a fact that the 2012-2014 GT500 was eligible for x-plan and ford employee days.

But I do have one question, does the dealer make less money if they allow the client to use x-plan? I would imagine the rebate would come from Ford Motor Co and the only thing dealer loses is the waived admin fee.

The gt350 is eligible for x plan. All cars and trucks are. It's up to the dealer. Ford only requires certain cars that are in stock to be x planned for dealers who participate. No mustangs are on that list at all. Think business and work vehicles. Beyond that, it's entirely up to the dealer. They can x plan a gt350 if they want to. Never hurts to ask.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know for a fact that the 2012-2014 GT500 was eligible for x-plan and ford employee days.

But I do have one question, does the dealer make less money if they allow the client to use x-plan? I would imagine the rebate would come from Ford Motor Co and the only thing dealer loses is the waived admin fee.

I am unsure if the workings between dealer and FMC on x planned vehicles. I know the dealer gets a "holdback" (basically the difference between a plan and x plan) but beyond that, I don't know if ford gives them a better price or a kickback for the vehicle.

I can say that I've been told by my dealerships GM that they don't make their living on new cars. It's used cars and the parts and service followed by add ons (insurances, extended warranties, financing etc) that make them money.

I actually went to one dealership years ago that wouldn't x plan a car unless I financed with them. Had another work a deal on my trade in and when I dropped my x plan pin, they wouldn't do the deal (said it didn't leave them room for profit on the trade in).

X plan isn't anything magic. If a dealership will X plan it for you, you could get the same price by haggling. Just makes it faster and less bull crap to get there. Me and my guy don't even bother with it any more. He knows that I already know x plan cost and he has to meet or beat that.

Qwkynuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT

Here is everything you ever wanted to know about the X-Plan rules, including a link to a list of "Ineligible Vehicles":

https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm

Current ineligible vehicles:

• Fiesta S (100A)
• Mustang Boss 302
• Mustang Shelby GT 500
• F-150 SVT Raptor
• F-550 and above
• Stripped Chassis
• E-450

The GT350 isn't on there, but it is also not available yet. With the Boss 302 and GT 500 on the list, it wouldn't surprise me if the 350 were excluded too.

It is also important to keep in mind that X-Plan has advantages which go beyond the immediate car price. Things like capping documentation fees, and the requirement of the AXZD Pricing Agreement, which details *everything* that you are paying for in one place.

I have read about others who have negotiated "X-Plan or better" deals with their dealer, and that is great, but I really can't see how you can do significantly better than X-Plan (thousands under, some brag). I think it would be very interesting to compare "out the door" prices.

I also see a lot of people including their trade in, and/or their down payment in their "out the door" price, and I don't really understand this.

Seems to me that an accurate out the door price would be:
cost of the car + tax/tag/title + dealer fees + add-ons, warranties, etc -any rebates or incentives

Down payments, deposits, and trades are all *your* money.

As a semi-related side note, one of the car buying "things" that pisses me right off... is when a sales guy tells me that he is going to "give" me $1,000 off. I always ask "Is that in addition to my factory rebate?" They always say "That includes the rebate"

Wait.... what? That rebate is *my* money. It is an incentive provided to *me*, by the manufacturer. I might decide to use it as part of my down payment, but I have the right to have a check mailed to my house, too.

The point is that they can't use my money to give me a discount. Are they going to call my down payment a discount? My trade?

I realize that 99% of car buyers are going to roll that discount into the deal - especially if they are financing - but the dealer can only honestly give you something that belongs to them. /rant

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV

To calculate X-Plan Pricing:
Invoice minus (0.4% of Invoice) + $275 Dealer Fee
So if a dealer claims he is selling the car for dealer invoice + $100, it sounds like that's basically equal to or slightly better than the X-plan.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So if a dealer claims he is selling the car for dealer invoice + $100, it sounds like that's basically equal to or slightly better than the X-plan.

Depends on which invoice they use but basically yes.

As far as ineligible vehicles, a dealer can sell you any one of those vehicles at x plan. What happens between them and ford is between them and ford. (I was offered a gt500 at x plan and they wanted my pin etc).

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
There is only one invoice. It has different prices on it; invoice, x-plan, a-plan, etc. They should be showing you the actual invoice sheet.

X-plan is invoice minus .4% plus $275. The more expensive the car the closer to invoice the x-plan price is. My EB Premium was $89 over imvoice.

WatchSquid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Reef Blue Mustang convertible
Just curious, how did they get the car to their location, was it shipped via transporter, or did someone drive it to the selling dealership?

I have been looking and same as you, local dealers don't have the exact spec'd car I am interested in buying, but I too have found the exact car miles away at another Dealer.

I was merely wondering how your experience was - and were you concerned at all about the car being in transit (ie: damages that could not be seen since you could not really do a physical in person walk around)?

Thx
This was a couple of years ago, the dealer sent me to the other dealer and I got my car myself. The dealer paid for the plane ticket, I paid the gas back. Did the inspection at the other dealer.