• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

x-plan

Freedom-Rider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013Mustang
does anyone know if dealers are taking x-plan for the 2024 Mustang GT premium
Sponsored

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Should be for all but DH. If your local dealer isn't, drive over to the next one.

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
Hey anyone here eligible to get a buddy into an X plan? I’ll give you a high five for your troubles haha

StickyRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium 400A AE B&O
My dealer and I signed a price page when I ordered at MSRP back in May. I brought up x plan and there wasn't much known back then. I called recently and asked if they're going to honor it now that ford released pricing for it and he said he has to talk to "management to get a feel for their temperament regarding it". I feel like I have no leverage ordering this car. I can say I'll walk and Joe shmo will buy it the same day at a higher price than I would. What do I do if they don't allow x plan? Lose my thousand dollars and wait time just to let them keep it and get a better sale with someone else??

gpellis87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 F150 Raptor, '22 X5
I tried a C7 recently, looks absolutely beautiful , the main issues I had were the tech needs to be updated and the ride height is probably too low for me for daily driving right now. Another thing I noticed was that the exhaust note wasn’t as defined/enjoyable as that of a mustang. It probably makes more sense as a second car. Atleast that’s where I am at with it at the moment. Would love to hear other people’s experiences with corvettes to learn more.
My dealer and I signed a price page when I ordered at MSRP back in May. I brought up x plan and there wasn't much known back then. I called recently and asked if they're going to honor it now that ford released pricing for it and he said he has to talk to "management to get a feel for their temperament regarding it". I feel like I have no leverage ordering this car. I can say I'll walk and Joe shmo will buy it the same day at a higher price than I would. What do I do if they don't allow x plan? Lose my thousand dollars and wait time just to let them keep it and get a better sale with someone else??
Don’t do business with a company that’s willing to treat you that way. Honestly, Mustangs are not high demand. They will be on the lot at MSRP soon, you also shouldn’t lose a deposit for not picking up the car and I wouldn’t have bought from anyone where that’s the case. This is a mass produced car, not a specialty item.

StickyRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don’t do business with a company that’s willing to treat you that way. Honestly, Mustangs are not high demand. They will be on the lot at MSRP soon, you also shouldn’t lose a deposit for not picking up the car and I wouldn’t have bought from anyone where that’s the case. This is a mass produced car, not a specialty item.
Thanks for the re assurance. Unfortunately this happens to be my first rodeo both ordering a car and getting a new one in general. I want to get around 2k more than they'll ask for my current car and get another 2k off msrp using x plan. Hopefully it won't turn ugly

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're not without leverage. You represent a sale that is all but in the bank. No dealer wants a car on the lot 30+ days. The demand for Mustangs on this forum is astronomical, but most families won't be buying one nationwide. If the dealer places an order and doesn't sell it, they can face their own repercussions in the form of reduced allocations in the future.

The X-Plan isn't like taking money out of the local dealer's pocket - it's just changing a funding source. The dealer will receive money as a kickback, rebate, etc. directly from Ford. The dealer is paid either way, it's just a matter of paperwork. With what dealers charge for "document fees", a little paperwork won't kill anybody.

StickyRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What state are you in? Some states disallow non-refundable deposits.
I am in new jersey. I can't tell if my wife and I were swindled or not. I figured it was normal protocol and we signed a paper with the pricing laid out at MSRP. When I mentioned x plan over the phone he reminded me that I had signed that paper...
Almost like it was set in stone. Then said he'll work it out with management. I also asked when signing about the deposit and he said it's refundable if there's an issue with delivery, etc. Didn't say change of mind or anything

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not a lawyer, but you might be in a spot how I read the interpretation of NJ contract law on this. If local management/ownership doesn't help, try reaching out to Ford directly. Admittedly a long shot, but bad PR is more expensive than X-plan pricing.

In that same vein, local TV stations love to run investigative reports on consumer protection stories. I've seen WHDH-TV Boston solve hundreds of cases over the years. They get a story to run for 24+ hours, you get the deal, the dealership keeps their name not mentioned in the piece. A win, win, win!

FlyNavy86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Gold Camry
I confirmed X plan with my dealer and no additional markups and no required add ons. It definitely helped that I’m going to the most reputable dealer in my area.

StickyRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not a lawyer, but you might be in a spot how I read the interpretation of NJ contract law on this. If local management/ownership doesn't help, try reaching out to Ford directly. Admittedly a long shot, but bad PR is more expensive than X-plan pricing.

In that same vein, local TV stations love to run investigative reports on consumer protection stories. I've seen WHDH-TV Boston solve hundreds of cases over the years. They get a story to run for 24+ hours, you get the deal, the dealership keeps their name not mentioned in the piece. A win, win, win!
Thanks for the incredible help. Hopefully it won't go to that. I could also be way over exaggerating this in my head and it could be solved within a 20 minute ordeal. Just trying to be as responsible as possible with this purchase. It certainly won't be nothing, we're in our young 20s and I just started my career job but wanted to get in on my dream car before it goes extinct. So excited

gpellis87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 F150 Raptor, '22 X5
You're not without leverage. You represent a sale that is all but in the bank. No dealer wants a car on the lot 30+ days. The demand for Mustangs on this forum is astronomical, but most families won't be buying one nationwide. If the dealer places an order and doesn't sell it, they can face their own repercussions in the form of reduced allocations in the future.

The X-Plan isn't like taking money out of the local dealer's pocket - it's just changing a funding source. The dealer will receive money as a kickback, rebate, etc. directly from Ford. The dealer is paid either way, it's just a matter of paperwork. With what dealers charge for "document fees", a little paperwork won't kill anybody.
That's part of XPlan as well - there's a cap on the docu fee that they can charge. That said, there's no way honoring X Plan is costing them much at all unless their normal doc fee is thousands of dollars and they rip people off that way.

As mentioned, they aren't the ones paying for the "plan" so they aren't losing any money here. Ford is covering that for them.
Sponsored