• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 GT or C7/C8

Ng1nyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Quick backstory here, I’ve been waiting for my ordered GT since the first day we were able to order them 3/27 and to this day, it still seems like there’s no exact date on when I’ll be receiving it.

Due to the long wait, I’ve been exploring other options and recently the corvette keeps coming up as an interesting comparison.

My 24GT Build is roughly $60k and at similar amounts +/- $5k, some good deals on corvettes start to come up. I’ve been comparing them for a while and I am still undecided. I’d like to bring up the conversation here and hear what your opinions on this are.

Is anyone else in this situation?At what price of a GT would you personally consider to spend that money on a corvette instead?
Sponsored

gpellis87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 F150 Raptor, '22 X5
They're different cars. I guess it depends what you're looking for. I owned a C7z and there's honestly no comparison to a Mustang, that car was heads and shoulders above any other sports car I had owned at the time.

However, it's a 2 seater, and I have 2 kids. So it didn't get driven much.

OP
OP

Ng1nyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
They're different cars. I guess it depends what you're looking for. I owned a C7z and there's honestly no comparison to a Mustang, that car was heads and shoulders above any other sports car I had owned at the time.

However, it's a 2 seater, and I have 2 kids. So it didn't get driven much.
I tried a C7 recently, looks absolutely beautiful , the main issues I had were the tech needs to be updated and the ride height is probably too low for me for daily driving right now. Another thing I noticed was that the exhaust note wasn’t as defined/enjoyable as that of a mustang. It probably makes more sense as a second car. Atleast that’s where I am at with it at the moment. Would love to hear other people’s experiences with corvettes to learn more.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
I believe there are many complaints on C7/C8's for fit and finish on the forums. I know one can take complaints on the net with a grain of salt but some have support with images.

gpellis87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 F150 Raptor, '22 X5
I tried a C7 recently, looks absolutely beautiful , the main issues I had were the tech needs to be updated and the ride height is probably too low for me for daily driving right now. Another thing I noticed was that the exhaust note wasn’t as defined/enjoyable as that of a mustang. It probably makes more sense as a second car. Atleast that’s where I am at with it at the moment. Would love to hear other people’s experiences with corvettes to learn more.
It is definitely low to the ground. Personally non Z06 I’d get a Mustang over a C7 Stingray. I considered a C8 but I prefer 4 seats - and a C8 LT2 Z51 was around 85k MSRP.

To me, they are just different cars. The Corvette seems like a bad daily driver, but I never owned it for that and won’t own the Mustang for it. Tech in the C7 was okay. But it was definitely be dated vs the S650. Still, it’s a great car. The C7Z is the one car I regret selling the most and I’ve had a ton.

Rate_of_Twist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO, 22 Triumph Speed Twin
Personally, I think the 2019 C7 Grand Sport is one of the holy grails of sports cars, especially under $100k.

If I wanted to spend $65k (ish) I would buy a C7 Grand Sport, period. In the $55k range cars like the Mustang and Camaro become more interesting as you get a brand new car with warranty and support (ok, not so much on the Camaro side of things) and modern tech.

For me, I will likely skip the C7 as I really wanted to buy a brand new American V8 that I could take fun fun weekend cruises with the wife but also to the race track for HPDE. The C7 I dont get new, I don't get with modern tech or comfort, and is also at a real premium for the Grand Sport trim level. I will likely land on a Mustang GT Premium with PP / magneride and add some aftermarket cooling to help it not barf its guts on track days.

The C8? Meh - it looks like it's trying too hard and I have a hard time trusting GM with a brand new platform to be honest. No doubt it can perform, but theres a lot going on in that car and GM is the one that designed it and put it together (sorry I have trust issues with the bowtie and new vehicles)

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW 335i
I think the C8 Z51 is not that far away in price when you're talking about the MSRP of a Dark Horse with the Handling Package. I think the is a weakness in the DH pricing - it's just too close to price to a mid engine RWD platform.

If the actual market selling price drops in 2025 or 2026, I would consider the DH. It'll be a great car regardless.

rkmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'31 Chrysler, '59 Galaxie, & now '24 Mustang GT
So I was in a similar position, torn between my love of Mustangs and the C8 (I personally wouldn't do c3 thru c7), however, my issue came down to settling for something that was close to what I wanted in a C8 (ordering is out over a year) that might be available at a dealership approaching $100K. I realized that for that price I could buy nearly 2 Mustangs (Convertible EB Auto for the wife and a Fastback GT manual for me (not a DH)). I opted for as much Mustang as seemed reasonable in a Convertible and ordered.

Ford did have me searching thru Chevy's websites for my C8 for most of the month of July while frustrated over this whole OKtB issue or whatever delayed shipment, ready to cancel if I found my C8.

Anyhow, I think I'll be happier with our Stang if it ever gets here. Saving $40k and C8 not terribly comfortable for long drives as we plan to take some trips in the convertible. Good luck on your decision.

Snakeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT Vert, 2011 Shelby GT500 Vert, 2020 BMW X5
Quick backstory here, I’ve been waiting for my ordered GT since the first day we were able to order them 3/27 and to this day, it still seems like there’s no exact date on when I’ll be receiving it.

Due to the long wait, I’ve been exploring other options and recently the corvette keeps coming up as an interesting comparison.

My 24GT Build is roughly $60k and at similar amounts +/- $5k, some good deals on corvettes start to come up. I’ve been comparing them for a while and I am still undecided. I’d like to bring up the conversation here and hear what your opinions on this are.

Is anyone else in this situation?At what price of a GT would you personally consider to spend that money on a corvette instead?
I wanted the C8 vert bad but at 6 3 I don't Fit, ingress and egress suck at my age and not comfortable especially on long drives plus I need a 4 seater to recline the back to fit. Add the markups and wait for a C8 build....Forget About It!

Last edited:

mcrimm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum, 2006 Honda S2000 - Sold
Two very good friends have C8s. I seriously considered one to replace my 2006 Honda S2000. Getting in and out of my S2000 is getting more difficult as we approach the mid 70s. The Mustang is far easier on old bodies.

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
I wanted the C8 vert bad but at 6 3 I don't Fit, ingress and egress suck at my age and not comfortable especially on long drives plus I need a 4 seater to recline the back to fit. Add the markups and wait for a C8 build....Forget About It!
Really? My friend is 6'8" and he fits just fine in his C8.

sir5574

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
I came close to pulling the trigger on a c8 this week, was a customer order that they passed on and they called and offered it to me (I was on a list). With x-plan pricing on my GT being around ~57k its basically fully loaded for 10k less than the c8, with almost no options. If i were to spec a c8 out the way I would want it, it would be even more ~76k, and for roughly 20k more... I can't justify it, esp when I plan on adding a whipple to the mustang.

S650 Mustang S650 GT or  C7/C8 1692364387387

S650 Mustang S650 GT or  C7/C8 1692364662054

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I had a highly modded '98 C5 and 2 C7 Z06's. The Z06's were without a doubt the best "bang for the buck" cars I've ever owned. Amazing cars. Both were A8's. Sold my '19 on a whim. I do miss it. I've always considered myself a car guy, not necessarily loyal to just one brand. Decided to order my '24 Mustang "just because." I'm excited about it, but I know the performance won't be the same.

Snakeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT Vert, 2011 Shelby GT500 Vert, 2020 BMW X5
Really? My friend is 6'8" and he fits just fine in his C8.
No way! Bet he's young and puts the top down so his head fits in lol In college I drove an MG for one summer and fit no problem but could not do so now and I'm still thin!

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
No way! Bet he's young and puts the top down so his head fits in lol In college I drove an MG for one summer and fit no problem but could not do so now and I'm still thin!
He's actually a pretty big guy. Fits in without the top being down. It's hit or miss for taller people, i guess it may depend on if you have long legs or a short body, etc. :)
Sponsored