• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Challenger or S650

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
The S650 is basically a 10 year old car with a 14 year old motor with a few new body parts and 2 touchscreens inside...The Camaro The Camaro was new 8 years ago and had a 10 year old engine design...The Challenger had its last engine update in 2015 and the Widebody suspension/brake package for the Scatpack came in 2019...
Ford sells a widebody package too. I think both come from Bushwacker.
S650 Mustang Challenger or S650 Screenshot_20240420-183141_Chrome
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
The Challenger had its last engine update in 2015 and the Widebody suspension/brake package for the Scatpack came in 2019...
You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.
I thought the same until I finally drove one last summer...I actually think after the honeymoon is over and the newness has worn off the Challenger WB 6-spd is more fun to drive on the road (not racetrack) than the gen6 SS1LE I had before...! I was also in the market for a DH but lack of TORQUE and touchscreens were the dealbrakers for me...And a narrow body I would not touch with a 10 foot pole...LOL

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My MLC car was a C7 Z06. Not what I was going for a decade later. 😉

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My MLC car was a C7 Z06. Not what I was going for a decade later. 😉
MLC...Midlifecrisiscar ? C7Z06 as in going in limp mode after a few spirited laps on the track if not the rear swapped ends with the front before...LOL Scary to drive fast...IMHO

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MLC...Midlifecrisiscar ? C7Z06 as in going in limp mode after a few spirited laps on the track if not the rear swapped ends with the front before...LOL Scary to drive fast...IMHO
Doe your pie hole every open up without you cutting something down or injecting something negative into the conversation? Maybe you need a cup coffee or a vacation or something. Gheesh.

I had absolutely ZERO issues with my C7 Z06.

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Doe your pie hole every open up without you cutting something down or injecting something negative into the conversation? Maybe you need a cup coffee or a vacation or something. Gheesh.

😂

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
My C7 Z06's were the best performance/sports cars that I've ever owned in my 75+ years.

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depending what you did with them…On warm days on the track they killed the power and went limp not to overheat and driven fast they liked to swap ends without much warning…That is why they went mid engine but forgot to install the manual…But the AARP crowd prefers autoboxes anyways…🤣The last Z06 that had enough traction for the available power and did not drop valves or overheated and went in limp mode after a few spirited laps was the C5ZO6…I for sure enjoyed mine despite the trash can interior and awful squeaks and rattles but almost 25 years ago nothing else could touch it for $50K new…Still clean looking compared to the monstrosity they put out today…But time has moved on !​

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
For those commenting on the age of the platforms etc.
Do remember that the Chrysler LX is based upon the Mercedes W210 from 1994.
As in the early days of the DC partnership Mercedes gave Chrysler the tooling for platforms as they retired them (W210, R170 etc) as they were significantly more modern than anything Chrysler had at the time.

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the challenger/charger where based on the MB E class from 2002 which would be the W211…The front double wishbone was taken from that period S class if I remember right but I think the net knows more…🤣
Sponsored