• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

X-Plan on New Mustang

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
If you build your car through the ford partner website you get the xplan price instead of MSRP at the end.
Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
How come we can't see "invoice" prior to having to go to Dealer - meaning why can't Ford show X-Plan participants (who are in fact logged in with X-Plan ID) the invoice online??

Also - is there anyway to search ALL of the available inventory - instead of just say X-distance from ones "local" dealer?
There are any number of online resources that will give you invoice pricing. Edmunds, Tru-Car and Kelly Blue Book come to mind.

Isurus550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Prem PP
Dealer just got back to me on X-Plan pricing:

As to the X-plan, with production constraints we aren't applying X-plan to ’15 mustangs, ’15 F150s or ’16 Edges
Should I check with other Ford dealers in my area to see if they'll honor it and potentially cancel my order?

ShoNuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Dodge Recall... I mean Avenger
Dealer just got back to me on X-Plan pricing:

Should I check with other Ford dealers in my area to see if they'll honor it and potentially cancel my order?
Your mustang will be delayed if you cancel, but you could save $2000-2500 (depending on your GT order) by finding a dealer that will accept it. Even if your dealer has a non-refundable deposit for your order, you will still save money by finding a dealer that will honor x-plan pricing.

Now - if you're dealer is already going to give you a close to invoice price (GT Premium Auto is around 39000 for reference compared to the 41500 MSRP - both estimates) then it might not be worth it. Some folks have been getting good invoice pricing without needing x-plan

Isurus550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Prem PP
Your mustang will be delayed if you cancel, but you could save $2000-2500 (depending on your GT order) by finding a dealer that will accept it. Even if your dealer has a non-refundable deposit for your order, you will still save money by finding a dealer that will honor x-plan pricing.

Now - if you're dealer is already going to give you a close to invoice price (GT Premium Auto is around 39000 for reference compared to the 41500 MSRP - both estimates) then it might not be worth it. Some folks have been getting good invoice pricing without needing x-plan
The Mustang I ordered was $39,915. When I built it the exact same way on the Ford Partner site with the X-Plan, it came out to $37,558 ($2,357 difference). I've paid a $500 deposit for the one that is already ordered, so even if I don't get my deposit back, I would save $1,857.

If I had to order it, it would obviously restart the process and I've already been waiting 10 weeks and just got an EDD today. Unless, of course, they have one on the lot that meets my requirements close enough.

ShoNuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Dodge Recall... I mean Avenger
The Mustang I ordered was $39,915. When I built it the exact same way on the Ford Partner site with the X-Plan, it came out to $37,558 ($2,357 difference). I've paid a $500 deposit for the one that is already ordered, so even if I don't get my deposit back, I would save $1,857.

If I had to order it, it would obviously restart the process and I've already been waiting 10 weeks and just got an EDD today. Unless, of course, they have one on the lot that meets my requirements close enough.
Start asking around to see if other dealerships in the area will accept x-plan. Then if they come back and say yes, you can let your current dealership know that you have better offers and if he cant bring the cost down (to close to x-plan) then you will walk.

Unless a nearby dealer has the exact car you want... then I would just walk and save the $1800

Isurus550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Prem PP
Well, canceling my order. Another dealer in the area was able to find one for $2,188 cheaper with X-Plan and even included Nav, which my ordered unit didn't have. They're able to get it to me in a couple days to a week vs. my delivery date.

mike62

Mike62
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm planning to order my GT this week. I have few questions that I hope someone can answer for me. On my Xplan recognition sheet it said that dealers are permitted to assess up to 100.00 in documentary fees on each delivery to eligible purchaser under the terms of the plan, unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation. Is 100.00 all I'm suppose to pay for doc fees? I been told by dealership that in Virginia the charge 599.00.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

unintelligible

V1, VR, Gear Up!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium
I'm planning to order my GT this week. I have few questions that I hope someone can answer for me. On my Xplan recognition sheet it said that dealers are permitted to assess up to 100.00 in documentary fees on each delivery to eligible purchaser under the terms of the plan, unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation. Is 100.00 all I'm suppose to pay for doc fees? I been told by dealership that in Virginia the charge 599.00.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You'd pay $599 if it was a regular sale, but if you are buying under X-Plan you should only be charged the $100, if they charge more than that they are in violation of the X-Plan terms & conditions.

dabsevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Black
I read through the thread I got a question.. So on the Ford Partner's website you can either locate inventory near you or build one. If I want to find one locally, what are the chances they will honor the x-plan pricing? I was reading little tidbits about how dealers will be more open to doing x-plan on ordering but they will not budge on their own stock?

I did a search and a dealer has 1 in stock and the rest are "dealer ordered s13". What does that mean? Also since it doesn't have an order form does this mean I just go to the dealer and hope that they will accept xplan pricing on the 1 in stock?

I am not getting very good deals and nothing in 6speed manual around here. So i have to click "extended inventory" up top.. What does this mean?

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The dealer I got my car from went to another dealer in another state 300 miles away to get the car I wanted it and sold it to me at x-plan plus another $500 off from their issued loyalty coupon (and Ford issued rebates).

On x-plan it shouldn't make a difference if it is in stock, ordered or traded from another dealer.

"Dealer Ordered" means the car has been ordered but is not in stock at the dealer yet.

dabsevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Black
Always love the mustang community. most helpful group of people and ive owned my share of cars.

Anyway I picked up an ecoboost today with xplan pricing and found a standup dealership that closed without any kind of push or weird upsell, etc. Both the salesman and the finance manager were top notch and I walked out paying exactly what I had discussed with the salesman over email. All negotiations were done via email and that made it so much easy. And it felt more honest too.

LOVE the car. A huge huge huge step up from my 06 GT.

EDIT: Got a lease conquest rebate also for $750 which was nice. I brought a folder with a print out of everything ready to go over the numbers again and have some push back or weird shady behavior but nope, didn't even have to pull them out. Printed out my AXZD agreement and he already had it ready. Nothing added to the price. Printed out a screenshot of my MCA membership with the membership info and active date/expiration date as I didn't receive my MCA card yet. And also a print out of the PIN# certificate. All smooth.

Anyone in socal should check out advantage ford in duarte.

Ironcitysteelers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 White GT
This has to be the best thread ever created. Joined and got my pin. Off to the dealership Monday!! I was about 2-3 grand away from being able to get my payment to where it was comfortable. Getti-up.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The dealer I got my car from went to another dealer in another state 300 miles away to get the car I wanted it and sold it to me...
Just curious, how did they get the car to their location, was it shipped via transporter, or did someone drive it to the selling dealership?

I have been looking and same as you, local dealers don't have the exact spec'd car I am interested in buying, but I too have found the exact car miles away at another Dealer.

I was merely wondering how your experience was - and were you concerned at all about the car being in transit (ie: damages that could not be seen since you could not really do a physical in person walk around)?

Thx

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The dealer I got the car from has retired folks on call that drive out to get the cars and drive them back.

In my case they were swapping an Escape for my Mustang. I was not worried about damage. If they did I wouldn't have accepted the car until it was fixed or would have walked away.

My wife's 14 Dart came from a dealership 200 miles away and my Focus ST I traded for the Mustang came from a dealer about 75 miles away

For me it's either order the car or except one from another dealership. I am not going to compromise what I want to get one off the lot of a local dealer.

The Ford dealer I have bought 3 cars from now has a person dedicated to locating cars and making the deal for a trade.
Sponsored