• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

X-Plan on New Mustang

Qwkynuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
I got the X Plan (signed up a week ago). However I keep seeing people talk about a EAA as well. I've heard people can get it from either a mustang brochure or a membership. I still haven't gotten my brochure and I want to talk to the dealer this thursday....

What is this EAA membership? How can I get the extra $750 off?
Many people here got their X-Plan by joining the Mustang Club of America (www.mustang.org) for $50. Last fall, someone noticed that you could also get X-Plan pricing by joining the Experimental Aircraft Association (www.eaa.org) for $40. EAA was $10 cheaper, and they had a discount that wasn't available through MCA. I ended up joining both, but I will probably let the EAA membership lapse after a year because that isn't where my interests lie.

The EAA discount ($750) and the "Brochure" discount ($750) are two different things. There were also apparently two different brochure discounts. The most common one was called "Customer Cash", but the one that I received was called "Loyalty Cash".

I was also led to believe (by [email protected]) that the EAA discount and the Loyalty Cash could be combined, but my dealer couldn't make it work. The Customer Cash was definitely not compatible with the EAA discount.

All of these expired around the end of the year, and so far, none appear to have been renewed/extended. I was able to combine the EAA discount with the $500 Amazon discount just before Thanksgiving for $1250 off of X-Plan.

The brochure discounts were something of a crapshoot. You can go to Ford.com and request that they mail you up to 3 brochures on various models. Sometimes, one of the brochures would contain one of the discount certificates. I ordered probably a dozen brochures over 2 months and got one discount certificate. Others got several or none. Never figured out any rhyme or reason.
Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Can anyone else tell me why X-Plan pricing is over invoice. I was using Edmunds.com for invoice pricing, but it seems the MSRP has gone up on the model I want by $200 so I'm assuming the invoice has as well? even at Edmunds current invoice pricing the X-plan i'm getting from dealers to include the build your own on ford.com with X-plan entered is about $1000 more.
X-plan is a percentage below invoice plus a fixed 275 administrative fee. So the more expensive the car is the closer to invoice the price is.

My Ecoboost Premium worked out to $89 over invoice.

The car I purchased was invoiced before the price increase so the MSRP is about $120 lower with a corresponding lower X-Plan price.

Go to the Ford Partner site and use the code you got from whomever is providing you X-Plan and build the car there and you will see the exact X-Plan price.

P30AMG08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E63 AMG, Honda Accord
Discount is (invoice - 0.4%) + $275. It usually works out to around $100 over invoice, give or take. In addition, most incentives can be combined - so many (or even most) of those of us who have used X-Plan have come in under invoice. Any "Documentation Fees" charged by the dealer are capped at $100.

You can find out your exact X-Plan cost (before tax/tag/title, etc) by logging into the fordpartner.com website using your X-Plan Partner Code. You can then use the linked Build and Price tool to figure your cost.

If you have X-Plan through your employer, they can provide you with the Partner Code. If not, I think that people have posted the code for EAA and MCA several times.

As far as *when* you use it, the rules call for you to notify the dealer right at the start - i.e. you can't "spring it on them" during the negotiations when things start to not go your way. But on the positive side, once they have agreed to accept it, they have to follow the rules too.

Once the ground rules are established, you only actually need your X-Plan PIN when you sign the purchase agreement/take delivery of the car.

I hope that helps some.
excellent post! Thanks man

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach1 Premium HP & 2001 F150 4x4 Prerunner
Just ran the Build and Price with X Plan: GT Premium Manual, 401A Pack, Performance Pack, Ruby Red, Rear Sensing System., Adaptive Cruise Control, Premier Trim, Voice Navigation.

That's pretty much everything except the 50th Aniv. Pack.

Starting X Plan $34,210 ------------------Non X Plan $36,300
Total of Options X Plan $6,660 -----------Non X Plan $7635
Destination Charges $825 ----------------Non X Plan $825
Estimated X Plan Selling Price $41,695 --Non X Plan $44,490
Available Incentives $0 -------------------------------- $0
Net X Plan $41,695 ------------------------Non X Plan $44,490

That's $2795 under MSRP, saving a little on options as well as starting model price.

Last edited:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Guys where/when do I get my MCA card? The dealer is telling me that Ford needs proof of my membership... kind of worried now.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Guys where/when do I get my MCA card? The dealer is telling me that Ford needs proof of my membership... kind of worried now.
You should be able to login to the MCA site and show them proof of your membership. It should also show your MCA #.

I just logged in and went to my account details.
S650 Mustang X-Plan on New Mustang image

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Comes in mail after a week or two after joining... Don't you need 2 months of membership anyway ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
You should be able to login to the MCA site and show them proof of your membership. It should also show your MCA #.

I just logged in and went to my account details.
Thanks bud! I just sent a screen of my account info to the SA. Hope it works.

Comes in mail after a week or two after joining... Don't you need 2 months of membership anyway ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I checked in on the MCA site and it looks like you're right; usually takes about two weeks for them to process and ship cards out.

As far as eligibility's concerned, you need a participating membership that's valid for a minimum of 60 days, not active.

bobbyh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I see a few 2015 base GT's on autotrader near me for $28k-$29k. As these are already under invoice I assume I can't use x-plan or any other rebates on those cars?

TheRican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has Wheels
I see a few 2015 base GT's on autotrader near me for $28k-$29k. As these are already under invoice I assume I can't use x-plan or any other rebates on those cars?
Well those are most likely listed WITH incentives included. Also, the dealer fee's will likely be greater than if you used X-Plan or another plan.

I'd compare both prior to making a decision - obviously take the one with the lowest price OTD.

bobbyh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Well those are most likely listed WITH incentives included. Also, the dealer fee's will likely be greater than if you used X-Plan or another plan.

I'd compare both prior to making a decision - obviously take the one with the lowest price OTD.
I'll definitely look into the bottom line on several options. I can't really complain at all about the few I have seen in the 28-29k range as it has to be a couple thousand less than invoice on the cars.

Thanks!

TheRican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has Wheels
I'll definitely look into the bottom line on several options. I can't really complain at all about the few I have seen in the 28-29k range as it has to be a couple thousand less than invoice on the cars.

Thanks!
Invoice on a Base GT is 29,9 IIRC?

So you are paying a little under invoice (probably accounting for the rebates).

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
How come we can't see "invoice" prior to having to go to Dealer - meaning why can't Ford show X-Plan participants (who are in fact logged in with X-Plan ID) the invoice online??

Also - is there anyway to search ALL of the available inventory - instead of just say X-distance from ones "local" dealer?

Isurus550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Prem PP
For my zip code:

GT Premium Fastback
MSRP: $36,300
XPlan Price: $34,210
Incentives: $500
Net Price: $33,710

I have already put in my order and signed on a price, so I'm hoping my dealer will honor the X Plan price post order. Otherwise, I'll just go to a different dealer, lose out on the $500 deposit that I already paid, and still save an additional $1590.
Sponsored