• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Will FMC reply to this

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Good evening, I see you commenting back to people that have had a positive experience with their new Mustang. Well, let me tell you how mine has been…..
I was very excited to pick up my new Premium GT with Performance Pack. I asked the dealer to not do any detailing to it as I had it scheduled to go in for ceramic coating and PPF. I went to dealership September 7 to pick it up I could see it sitting on the lot, it looked amazing. As the salesman was putting the tag on the car my wife and I looked the car over, that’s when disappointment set in. To both of our dismay the car had damage, chips/scratches on driver door, driver mirror, front bumper, driver fender, passenger fender, passenger rear quarter panel, rear bumper and the roof, the front splitter also had damage from where it dragged during unloading. We pointed all spots out to salesman and in turn he went in to relay the information to his sales manager. We took photos of all areas and he told me they would be in touch to schedule it for repairs. The following Tuesday, September 12, I had to go back to dealership as I had not heard anything from them. Salesman went to get another sales manager, he said he would call me with scheduling. I got a call later that day saying I could bring the car in September 18 and they would send it to a body shop they own for the repairs. The car arrived back at the dealership two weeks later September 29, upon inspection the work that was done was satisfactory but now there were several other areas that had scratches that weren’t there before. These were pointed out to salesman and sales manager. At this point I’m not happy at all. So now it’s going back to another body shop to fix these areas. This is not acceptable for a special order brand new car. All I’m asking for is quality work to be done and all I get is grief, excuses and the blame game. I have a meeting Tuesday morning October 3 with the store manager to hopefully get some satisfaction. If you want more details about my nightmare scenario PM me and I will give you my phone number and a more detailed account of the treatment we have received from this dealer.
Sponsored

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Good luck, brother! I hope they get with you and help to make it right. Keep us posted!

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I know exactly which dealership you are talking about. I had issues with their service department multiple times. Last time I went they didn't put my key cover back on properly and it fell off somewhere on my way home. So I had to spend nearly $100 for a painted replacement because I was tired with dealing with them. I took my order to the other nearby dealership because off all the issues I had with their service department. Hopefully they are better. I hope you can get it all resolved soon!

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627
Don't take this as me trying to be an ass just informing. Ceramic under PPF is a waste and unnecessary on top is different but still not needed. If there are just swirls to where there isn't any penetration past the clear the adhesive will fill those and you'll never know they are there. I had a ton of decent scratches from driving just 200 miles before I got my PPF and I can't see anything now. The chips are a very different thing and of course, would need fixing. In the end, Ford really can't do anything about it. Same deal as they can't control markups besides revoking allocations. I'm just shooting you the truth.

OP
OP
Stangerous

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't take this as me trying to be an ass just informing. Ceramic under PPF is a waste and unnecessary on top is different but still not needed. If there are just swirls to where there isn't any penetration past the clear the adhesive will fill those and you'll never know they are there. I had a ton of decent scratches from driving just 200 miles before I got my PPF and I can't see anything now. The chips are a very different thing and of course, would need fixing. In the end, Ford really can't do anything about it. Same deal as they can't control markups besides revoking allocations. I'm just shooting you the truth.
[/QUOTE
If the car would not have had all the issues it was going in for paint correction, ceramic and then PPF on the front. There will be no swirl marks after paint correction if done correctly. My car didn’t have 200 miles on it, as I stated I was there to pick it up expecting it to look brand new without the scratches and chips. They claim it happened during shipping, they put in their claim with Ford, who supposedly contracts the shipping. Im not asking for anything that every other buyer wants when they special order a car. The truth is, they will fix it or get another one with the same spec as I ordered, they said as much. I’ll find out Tuesday when I have my meeting which way this will go.

OP
OP
Stangerous

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know exactly which dealership you are talking about. I had issues with their service department multiple times. Last time I went they didn't put my key cover back on properly and it fell off somewhere on my way home. So I had to spend nearly $100 for a painted replacement because I was tired with dealing with them. I took my order to the other nearby dealership because off all the issues I had with their service department. Hopefully they are better. I hope you can get it all resolved soon!
If you live on the Space Coast you probably do. I’ll tell it’s not Kelly.

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
Good evening, I see you commenting back to people that have had a positive experience with their new Mustang. Well, let me tell you how mine has been…..
I was very excited to pick up my new Premium GT with Performance Pack. I asked the dealer to not do any detailing to it as I had it scheduled to go in for ceramic coating and PPF. I went to dealership September 7 to pick it up I could see it sitting on the lot, it looked amazing. As the salesman was putting the tag on the car my wife and I looked the car over, that’s when disappointment set in. To both of our dismay the car had damage, chips/scratches on driver door, driver mirror, front bumper, driver fender, passenger fender, passenger rear quarter panel, rear bumper and the roof, the front splitter also had damage from where it dragged during unloading. We pointed all spots out to salesman and in turn he went in to relay the information to his sales manager. We took photos of all areas and he told me they would be in touch to schedule it for repairs. The following Tuesday, September 12, I had to go back to dealership as I had not heard anything from them. Salesman went to get another sales manager, he said he would call me with scheduling. I got a call later that day saying I could bring the car in September 18 and they would send it to a body shop they own for the repairs. The car arrived back at the dealership two weeks later September 29, upon inspection the work that was done was satisfactory but now there were several other areas that had scratches that weren’t there before. These were pointed out to salesman and sales manager. At this point I’m not happy at all. So now it’s going back to another body shop to fix these areas. This is not acceptable for a special order brand new car. All I’m asking for is quality work to be done and all I get is grief, excuses and the blame game. I have a meeting Tuesday morning October 3 with the store manager to hopefully get some satisfaction. If you want more details about my nightmare scenario PM me and I will give you my phone number and a more detailed account of the treatment we have received from this dealer.
I would take pictures and also make a complaint. But if you have pictures of how they keep messing it up. You could take legal action on them. It's hard but if you have evidence then it's possible. But you need to go to a different dealer or could threaten to take your issue to a media site that could make the dealership look bad.

OP
OP
Stangerous

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would take pictures and also make a complaint. But if you have pictures of how they keep messing it up. You could take legal action on them. It's hard but if you have evidence then it's possible. But you need to go to a different dealer or could threaten to take your issue to a media site that could make the dealership look bad.
Everyone has pictures, we made sure of that. They wanted pictures so they could relay to the body shop which areas to repair. It’s just a shame and saddening that people just don’t take pride in their work anymore. I’m really hoping after my meeting tomorrow everything gets straightened out and the car looks as it should, new.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
Everyone has pictures, we made sure of that. They wanted pictures so they could relay to the body shop which areas to repair. It’s just a shame and saddening that people just don’t take pride in their work anymore. I’m really hoping after my meeting tomorrow everything gets straightened out and the car looks as it should, new.
I hope all goes well. It suck they are trying to screw you over.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
As the salesman was putting the tag on the car my wife and I looked the car over, that’s when disappointment set in.
Three questions.
1. Why didn’t you inspect the car before you did the paperwork?
2. Why didn’t you just refuse to take the car until after it was fixed?
3. Did you get everything in writing including a guarantee that the car would be repaired to your satisfaction?

Another member just posted that he refused his car after seeing a poorly aligned hood and paint chip. Yes, the car “should” be perfect but we all know that is just not realistic.
Sponsored