• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
It is just a shame really. They are bragging about "new" materials and digital experience, yet removing an ever green item. Gosh the more I think about it, the angrier I get....

OP
OP
marcekb

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
I found articles mentioning that the manuals have a soft limit of 7250 and hard limit of 7500.
So, I haven't figured it all out yet, but the good news is it definitely goes to 7500 in some cases. 😊

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Might need some documentation on that... I found articles mentioning that the manuals have a soft limit of 7250 and hard limit of 7500. None suggest that the GT has a lower limit than the Dark Horse.

I have also seen multiple reviews saying the MT82-D4 in this car was improved and feels noticeably better than before. Would have preferred the Tremec for sure, but wasn't an option on the GT. But I haven't had any issue with this one so far.
I haven't driven the MT82 but I have the Tremec. It's short throw and the spring is pretty stiff in it. I have missed a few shifts because of the spring but I should be able to get used to it. On the plus side, there is not slop in it and the mistakes are my fault and not a problem with the transmission.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1; AT; M0960
It is just a shame really. They are bragging about "new" materials and digital experience, yet removing an ever green item. Gosh the more I think about it, the angrier I get....
Don't think too much in depth on the interior upgrade because it seems pretty meager. It got better graphics...you can spin an unreal 4 mustang with your finger and I guess the Nav graphics are better. Woohoo. No PDR, no heads up, other things got cut. To show good will, I will concede the Fox body gauge cluster as that seems to be a fan favorite. I know some will counter on this but really, what did you get of any real consequence versus what was lost? Are PS4 graphics really the ultimate upgrade in a sports car now? S550 had gauge options, a moving map, heated/cooled, laser cruise, all the safety stuff etc, and apparently better my color lighting-I always wondered what was really wrong with the premium interior on S550 for the price point and what mustang is. I have never sat in an S650 but there are even conflicting reports about hard surfaces vs. S550-it certainly isn't rivaling a BMW but listening to Ford you would think it would. Oh well. Maybe a later variant will address some of this...maybe not.

R3AL3ST8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Vette Grand Sport, 21 Ram 1500 Limited.
Heads up display would be really nice!! I kind of wondered if they punted on that because of the new screen setup or maybe just the software challenge of building it...or cost... 🤷🏼‍♂️
Going from the 2021 GT Premium, A10, PP, AVE, 401A (all my 26k miles)
To the 2024 GT Premium, M6, PP, AVE, MR, 401A (13 miles when I got it, 510 now)

And having read so many different opinions and experiences of reviewers who have driven the new car sometimes only briefly and folks who have not even driven it, I figured I would share my own experience for those who might be considering the '24, primarily from the view of coming from a recent S550 that, for sure, I loved.

Awesome car.

Cosmetically: Only one panel gap issue, minor at that. No paint issues, but a little dirt on the inside of the wing. No dents anywhere. Engine wasn't super clean (little dusty), but certainly looked brand new (although I noted a bit of fraying to the mesh around one hose). Interior immaculate. Not sure most non-enthusiasts will notice the difference in body styles (both of my cars are black on black). New look is as good as everyone says. Ignore anyone talking about it's hips. More headroom. Trunk flooring stays in place better in the S650. Approach lighting is excellent front and rear. Door handles are more substantial and nicer. But touch to lock isn't quite as good.

Dash: Screens are awesome. Glare isn't a concern regardless of sun angles. Brightness is easily adjustable on both. Looks better IRL as many have said. Soft touch surfaces are no different between the two cars. Glove box is definitely cheaper in the new one. No box inside the glove box for the manuals, like in the S550. But it's a bigger box for sure. Dash has more plastic in the new car, which isn't as premium as the dash in the old one. But dash still looks nice.

Tech: Superior in many ways. Better security, better safety, better connectivity, wireless Carplay, wireless charging, mirror USB, better lane assist, better hill hold, white led reading lights inside, definitely improved sound with B&O 12-speaker system compared to same on S550, better mics inside especially for passenger, and mics are tuned differently (transmit less engine/exhaust sound, but more wind noise)...the list goes on for the S650. Screens are quite configurable, but could use a little help in the navigation between functions (size of buttons, placement of buttons, switching between views). Won't complain...LOVE the screens and tech. But no steering wheel buttons for phone answer/hang-up. They let you accept/reject a call via button. The center console buttons actually feel great. Crisp clicks. Preferred older buttons, but no complaints on feel. Wish they gave another user configurable button or three. Climate controls are mostly good, but can require more taps in some cases. Love the animations. Hope for more configuration options on screens down the road. Make one wrong choice with Ford connectivity (I turned something off, unrelated to anything Carplay) and I had to reset the system entirely in order to get Carplay to work again, even *after* reverting the change I made and resetting all connections. A bug I'm sure.

Sound: AVE is as good and as loud as the S550. Pops beautifully as well.

Shifting: Can't fairly compare, but it's very nice so far. I haven't pushed RPMs and quick shifts yet. Short throws, engages nicely. Rev-match is impressive. I prefer not to use it, but there are some interesting benefits to it as well that make it fun to use, like downshifting to first while coming to a stop.

Performance: Hate the Pirelli P-zeros. Need to smoke em or sell em. They are junk compared to the Michelin A/S PS4s. PS4s are better on a cold rainy day than the Pirelli on a hot summer day. But for drifting, maybe these joker tires add to the fun... haven't tried yet. Car seems to be getting faster with more miles, and I'm pretty sure it'll beat my S550 on the street (not a prepared surface maybe) even with the different transmission, but I can't prove that yet and totally admit it. It just feels like it's got it. Magnaride is accused of not making much difference, but having had both, I'll take it everyday and twice on weekends. It softens many bumps in normal mode...very impressive...makes highways seem significantly smoother than they were in the S550. But it doesn't remove bigger bumps at all, just softens them a little. In track mode, the car is amazing... So little lean. Best of both worlds compared to my S550.

Ad hoc: Wish they'd kept the lighted cup holders. Glad for the chrome pony on the steering wheel. Steering wheel feels great. I'm totally happy with the steering and the improvement, although having driven BMW for a few years, I unquestionably agree that it doesn't have the same feedback. Don't care. It's very predictable. Ponies all over the car, fun to find them in so many places. They changed the seat belt so you don't have to flip it any more. Kind of preferred the unique way they did it in the S550, but it's definitely easier I'm the S650. Online manual is very good, but takes a moment to load. Miss the GT plate on the cross brace.

Overall, love the car and think it's easily worth the upgrade and definitely more changed than many want to admit. She's scheduled to get full front PPF, full ceramic and interior tint soon.

IMG_4482.jpeg

IMG_4464.jpeg

IMG_4490.jpeg
Thanks for the fantastic review! Very honest and informative! Both cars look amazing. Looking forward to my DH PP, AT if it ever gets here.

OP
OP
marcekb

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the fantastic review! Very honest and informative! Both cars look amazing. Looking forward to my DH PP, AT if it ever gets here.
Thank you! I have to say that I look forward to you and everyone getting your cars as well. It really changes the conversation when someone gets into this car. (Hopefully, you don't have to pay a markup. 😉 But that DH should be a ton of fun.)

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Thanks for the comparison! 👍
It confirms that I'm on the right track with the S550. 🙂

In my opinion especially in black, the S650 looks very bland next to the S550. 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
marcekb

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the comparison! 👍
It confirms that I'm on the right track with the S550. 🙂

In my opinion especially in black, the S650 looks very bland next to the S550. 🤷‍♂️
You bet! Just comes down to money and what's important to you. I certainly wouldn't call the s650 bland, lol. But I agree, I like the front of the s550 better. The s650 was well worth the upgrade to me.

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I think it's especially the prominent plastic trim, which can also be found on other manufacturers cars (e.g. BMW), that makes it kind of common.
Perhaps just too fashionable for my taste.

It doesn't help, everyone has to find the right one for themselves.
Others find the Mustang attractive because of the changes.
Sponsored