• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
If the journalists really got to drive the cars hard, then maybe the DH is good. The reviews I saw of the DH it seemed like the journalists mostly got pretty limited time with the DH. I saw one where it was getting dark during the review even because they didn't have enough time. I think it's the one Carlos Lagos did.

Can you link to a few of the reviews where the journalists said they ran all day at Charlotte?
they didn't even do full laps they entered on one end of the track and exited before the lap finish. So yeah DH is fine if you drive it for half a lap :D
Sponsored

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
I highly doubt the will not overheat part. Stock Mach 1 was doing same CHT temps as my GT when pushed. So if you push for more laps eventually you will reach limp mode hanse the reason why Dark Horse R has all the coolers replaced. A lot of mods are needed to keep a Coyote cold on track.
That's interesting, ive read a lot of threads on M6G that say otherwise. The diff temp is typically what puts the s550 in limp mode, not the CHT temp. The Mach 1 does come with diff cooler, transmission cooler, and an additional oil cooler like the GT350 track pack. Ive seen threads stating they can take them out for 30 minutes of track time no problem. Also, the Mach 1 track attack (and GT350 track attack), they hit that no problem as well, they have 20 minute lapping sessions. We will see.

Last edited:

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
they didn't even do full laps they entered on one end of the track and exited before the lap finish. So yeah DH is fine if you drive it for half a lap :D
The DH has a diff cooler, a transmission cooler, and an additional oil cooler like the Mach 1 and the GT350 track pack. Road course days are the reason you buy a DH over a GT. Im sure the DH will last longer than a GT.

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
@ bnightstar

This was a GT not a DH. Before you hate check the facts please!!!

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's interesting, ive read a lot of threads on M6G that say otherwise. The diff temp is typically what puts the s550 in limp mode, not the CHT temp. The Mach 1 does come with diff cooler, transmission cooler, and an additional oil cooler like the GT350 track pack. Ive seen threads stating they can take them out for 30 minutes of track time no problem. Also, the Mach 1 track attack (and GT350 track attack), they hit that no problem as well, they have 20 minute lapping sessions. We will see.
do you track your car ? On my local track it's very short track just 2 km's with lot's of slow corners and lot's of acceleration at hot temps 86F+ the things that got hot are in that order: CHT temps, then brakes than trans. One lap on a A10 Mach 1 was enough to get same CHT temps as a gen 2 Coyote (my car) and to overheat the A10 to a point where shifts get slower. The coolers do help ones we let go the Mach 1 get down to working temps in half a lap while without the coolers it take me 2 laps to get mine down enough. So yeah Mach 1/Dark Horse are better as they cool faster but doesn't mean they will not overheat. There is a topic in Mach 1 section of Mustang6g that literally was named Mach 1 overheating on track. So yeah in order to keep the car cool you need more than that and based on dark horse R page this is it:

· Upgraded oil system - FS350 oil pan (12 qts) + pump + oil cooler

· Upgraded transmission cooling - bigger cooler than DH

· Upgraded differential cooling - bigger cooler than DH

Would be cool if this parts make it down the FP catalog at least the ones that are missing as the oil cooling for the FS350 is available on FP Catalog.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
do you track your car ? On my local track it's very short track just 2 km's with lot's of slow corners and lot's of acceleration at hot temps 86F+ the things that got hot are in that order: CHT temps, then brakes than trans. One lap on a A10 Mach 1 was enough to get same CHT temps as a gen 2 Coyote (my car) and to overheat the A10 to a point where shifts get slower. The coolers do help ones we let go the Mach 1 get down to working temps in half a lap while without the coolers it take me 2 laps to get mine down enough. So yeah Mach 1/Dark Horse are better as they cool faster but doesn't mean they will not overheat. There is a topic in Mach 1 section of Mustang6g that literally was named Mach 1 overheating on track. So yeah in order to keep the car cool you need more than that and based on dark horse R page this is it:

· Upgraded oil system - FS350 oil pan (12 qts) + pump + oil cooler

· Upgraded transmission cooling - bigger cooler than DH

· Upgraded differential cooling - bigger cooler than DH

Would be cool if this parts make it down the FP catalog at least the ones that are missing as the oil cooling for the FS350 is available on FP Catalog.
Yes there is a post that states as much, and I've seen many more stating they dont overheat in a typical HDPE session. Again, the CHT is not typically the reason GTs go into limp mode, its the diff temp, and the M1 diff cooler fixes that issue.

As soon as i get my car i do plan on tracking it, i will report back. I do not expect trouble honestly from what ive seen from the GT350 track packs and Mach 1s. Cheers.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes there is a post that states as much, and I've seen many more stating they dont overheat in a typical HDPE session.

As soon as i get my car i do plan on tracking it, i will report back. I do not expect trouble honestly from what ive seen from the GT350 track packs and Mach 1s. Cheers.
There is a huge difference between a novice in a stock car and an experience track going guy with lot's of mods as with Base GT if you put suspension tires etc on it you will overheat the Motor/Trans faster your diff will work less as you get more grip from suspension, tires. Which is what the OP is experiencing.

I can't wait for more guys getting DH's to tracks and posting results / findings especially looking forward to Car and Driver Lightning Lap to see what it really can do.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
My hopes were that the "new" GT is better in oil cooling which prevents from over heating, but it seems that Ford didn't learn from their mistakes and it is still like a hot backed potato.

Can't wait to see the shitty times on the Nürburgring (again)....

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I know - just looking at the S650 I thought maybe the big vent in the hood would improve engine cooling quite a bit. I guess maybe it does. I know I've read quite a few threads where S550s have issues with engine temperature on track.

OP
OP
Mod Mustang Racing

Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modularmotorsportsracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Worlds Fastest & Only 5 second Coyote
The Base GT does not have a Diff temp sensor in the housing. It is drilled for it but nothing is in there. So this is unlikely the cause.

JS1951

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, hayabusa
With 10 qrts oil and larger radiator car should do at least a lap or two.:frown: I thought diff would be a problem with small lube capacity. I think someone is trying to sell oil coolers.... need more data points.
Sponsored