• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

V8, V8 Hybrid, All Electric, which mustang will be the most desirable?

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6spd California Black
so, I have a 2020 GT mustang, love it to bits,
the hybrid mustang from all the speculation seems to be extra benefits without sacrificing too much, eg sound, performance, looks

Fast fwd 5-10 years and beyond, which models do you guys think will be considered the best/desirable,

as Im thinking, of getting a MY22 V8 ie the last of the full petrol, or should I get the first MY23 Hybrid

I want to have it as a forever mustang,
the growl of the V8 is amazing, on the assumption the hybrid sounds the same , and drives the same except for low down torque, might make it even more attrarctive,
Sponsored

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
V8 would be my first choice. V8 hybrid would suffice.
As long as either comes with a Manual, I'll be ok. 😁

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
so, I have a 2020 GT mustang, love it to bits,
the hybrid mustang from all the speculation seems to be extra benefits without sacrificing too much, eg sound, performance, looks

Fast fwd 5-10 years and beyond, which models do you guys think will be considered the best/desirable,

as Im thinking, of getting a MY22 V8 ie the last of the full petrol, or should I get the first MY23 Hybrid

I want to have it as a forever mustang,
the growl of the V8 is amazing, on the assumption the hybrid sounds the same , and drives the same except for low down torque, might make it even more attrarctive,
Depends on the car... MY22 V8 is a refined car. Nothing "wrong" with it. Maybe a bit "outdated" in terms of interior and such but that's about it. Great car.

The S650 will most certainly be offered with a NA V8 in the states. Therefore I would assume that the S650 with a NA V8 MT will be the overall better option (almost like a '15 is a much better car than a '14 (even as a BOSS version). If money is not a factor go for the new S650 when it comes out.

A hybrid on the other hand might be a tempting option: if offered with a V8 it will most certainly offer the best 0-60 times and a hugh amount of low end torque. However, batteries are heavy as fu.. and a hybrid Mustang will most certainly pay for the extra weight on the track. The S550 is already a very heavy car and a hybrid system would only add to that. Sure it increases the acceleration but a lighter car with less power is generally more enjoyable to drive than a heavy car with lots of hp.

To put it simple:
S650 NA V8 MT is probably the go to option if you like "driving".

If you prefer acceleration over everything else the hybrid or an all electric is the way to go for you.
The hybrid might as well be a good option if you don't mind driving a "sporty" SUV with lot's of HP or if you care about costs at a gas station (then again it will be the most expensive vehicle).

The S550 is the way to go if you want a good car right now. Besides, it's most certainly the cheapest option after all ;)

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429, Tesla Model 3
V8 hybrid all the way for me. Best of both worlds IMO. I just hope they actually simplify the Coyote for this powertrain option since the MY18 and up is just a rats nest of hoses and wires....

OP
OP

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depends on the car... MY22 V8 is a refined car. Nothing "wrong" with it. Maybe a bit "outdated" in terms of interior and such but that's about it. Great car.

The S650 will most certainly be offered with a NA V8 in the states. Therefore I would assume that the S650 with a NA V8 MT will be the overall better option (almost like a '15 is a much better car than a '14 (even as a BOSS version). If money is not a factor go for the new S650 when it comes out.

A hybrid on the other hand might be a tempting option: if offered with a V8 it will most certainly offer the best 0-60 times and a hugh amount of low end torque. However, batteries are heavy as fu.. and a hybrid Mustang will most certainly pay for the extra weight on the track. The S550 is already a very heavy car and a hybrid system would only add to that. Sure it increases the acceleration but a lighter car with less power is generally more enjoyable to drive than a heavy car with lots of hp.

To put it simple:

If you prefer acceleration over everything else the hybrid or an all electric is the way to go for you.
The hybrid might as well be a good option if you don't mind driving a "sporty" SUV with lot's of HP or if you care about costs at a gas station (then again it will be the most expensive vehicle).

The S550 is the way to go if you want a good car right now. Besides, it's most certainly the cheapest option after all ;)
It would be very interesting to see if it Isa hybrid will it be a v8 with a hybrid engine added on, or a totally new layout/concept

I personally don't care about low down power but if it is a hybrid and loses its mustangness, it won't be for me

OP
OP

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

To put it simple:

Thats the million dollar question, I would have thought the more fun car to drive would be sought but who knows.

Given second hand prices are high now and may be for a while, I'd be happy to sell my 2020 and "upgrade "to a 2022 v8 or even 23 depending on what is going to get released

OP
OP

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From what I've been reading , it looks like the s650 is going to be cosmetically very very similar to the s550.

Really disappointed by that

Was expecting a complete redo, since its been called s650

OP
OP

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

To put it simple:

Any of you guys think that eventually the s550 will become desirable/preferred if the s650 design turns out to be ugly?
Most of the renderings I'm seeing on here I find really bad and if the end product is that... then I might just think this is the best one of the lot

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
This happens with EVERY facelift and every new model.......seems a lot of Mustangs fans don't like change. Remember when the first S550 renderings hit? "It looks like a Mondeo/Fusion"........even when the first images of the real car appeared "It looks like a Mondeo/Fusion". Then, give it six months and the chance for people to see it in the flesh, and see on with a few subtle mods and now many people think the S550 is the best looking Mustang ever!

The same will happen with S650.

BUT, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so if YOU think the S550 remains the best looking Mustang ever, then you are correct in your view. But others may disagree.

All I'd say is give S650 a chance. View one in person when you can before making final judgments.

Dark Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I'd be interested in the V8 hybrid, especially if it comes with AWD. I will be keeping my 2015 m6 car probably forever as I think the 2015-2017 are a bit more aggressive looking than the 18+ and it will probably be the last manual car I buy. I can't see myself spending a bunch of money on a new car with all the tech only to have the transmission slowing me down. It's super fun to row through the gears, and I'll keep my current car for that, but having a V8 AWD hybrid with a 10 speed would probably be a lot of fun too... And then add forced induction.. I'm destined to always be broke. Haha.

OP
OP

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This happens with EVERY facelift and every new model.......seems a lot of Mustangs fans don't like change. Remember when the first S550 renderings hit? "It looks like a Mondeo/Fusion"........even when the first images of the real car appeared "It looks like a Mondeo/Fusion". Then, give it six months and the chance for people to see it in the flesh, and see on with a few subtle mods and now many people think the S550 is the best looking Mustang ever!

The same will happen with S650.

BUT, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so if YOU think the S550 remains the best looking Mustang ever, then you are correct in your view. But others may disagree.

All I'd say is give S650 a chance. View one in person when you can before making final judgments.
im really hoping whatever they come up with is going to blow my socks off thats going to make me instantly decide to upgrade.

admittedly, originally I thought the hood vents and the lump on the bonnet of the 2018+ model was over the top and didnt like it originally, but the more I looked at it, the more I preferred it over the 2015-2017 shape. I now think the the 2018+ model looks far superior

Dark Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
im really hoping whatever they come up with is going to blow my socks off thats going to make me instantly decide to upgrade.

admittedly, originally I thought the hood vents and the lump on the bonnet of the 2018+ model was over the top and didnt like it originally, but the more I looked at it, the more I preferred it over the 2015-2017 shape. I now think the the 2018+ model looks far superior
To each their own. I looked at both extensively and I liked the look of the 15-17, but that's subjective. I think they look a bit more "muscular" haha! I don't like the lowered hood of the newer ones, but it's probably better in the wind tunnel or something. Even still they are both good looking.
I'm hoping they make the s650 look as good as they did the 550.

OP
OP

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To each their own. I looked at both extensively and I liked the look of the 15-17, but that's subjective. I think they look a bit more "muscular" haha! I don't like the lowered hood of the newer ones, but it's probably better in the wind tunnel or something. Even still they are both good looking.
I'm hoping they make the s650 look as good as they did the 550.
I agree it looks more muscular but now when I look at it just looks outdated to me...

But for me the digital dash was all I needed to decide!
Sponsored