• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Still without front parking sensors/camera and HUD?

Tursey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 525
Hi! Has anyone discovered anything about this? I´ve tried, but 0 results.... Personally, I think it´s a joke a 2023 car without these features, specially the lack of front parking sensors with the looooong hood

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Reverse into spaces and you'll be fine :)
living in a European city that's quite often not an option ;)

I mentioned this in another post:
S650 really looks like an "outside" refresh where the exterior and interior look got updated but everything else remains the same... Slightly updated engine and such but the extremely limited structure remains the same hence noone feels like this is truely a new car...

I don't want to paint the devil on the wall but "canceled AWD/hybrid" sounds almost like "wasn't really doable with D2C"...

There's still almost a year left to make the Mustang slightly on pair with a Vauxhall/Opel or really any car produced in 2023...

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Hey, I'm English so I know all about small parking spaces :)

I still wonder if hybrid is on the table for later in S650 model cycle..........unless they only want to sell in Europe for a couple of years.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
I still wonder if hybrid is on the table for later in S650 model cycle..........unless they only want to sell in Europe for a couple of years.
I honestly doubt it and have a feeling that they'll just call it a day after 2025. Where would they place the battery and such things? Beeing cheap using the trunk? A lot of time and money to spent before solving all those problems... Besides, who's buying hybrids anyway? (I would but that's not the point) Americans really have no need for hybrids and the market in the rest of the world is only that big... It would raise the price and weight even further and I think at some point it's simply pointless to mark the Mustang as a 100K€ GT... At that point just buy a premium car from almost any other brand that actually offers 100K€ in value.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
This option would be especially useful for the performance variants with extended lower splitters. I've scratched a few splitters in my day.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Front facing camera is what i miss most on my Mustang vs other cars. Makes parallel parking SO much easier. Also handy with how far out our bottom lips are on Performance Package cars as they are out past the hood

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Ford Fusion
I honestly doubt it and have a feeling that they'll just call it a day after 2025. Where would they place the battery and such things? Beeing cheap using the trunk? A lot of time and money to spent before solving all those problems... Besides, who's buying hybrids anyway? (I would but that's not the point) Americans really have no need for hybrids and the market in the rest of the world is only that big... It would raise the price and weight even further and I think at some point it's simply pointless to mark the Mustang as a 100K€ GT... At that point just buy a premium car from almost any other brand that actually offers 100K€ in value.
Highly unlikely they would only do a 2-year run. It's already been reported the Mustang will go EV for MY28, so four years for the S650. I suspect the hybrid plans were part of an initial plan for an 8-year run. When that was shortened to four, it no longer made sense to invest in the hybrid version.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
I think
Highly unlikely they would only do a 2-year run. It's already been reported the Mustang will go EV for MY28, so four years for the S650. I suspect the hybrid plans were part of an initial plan for an 8-year run. When that was shortened to four, it no longer made sense to invest in the hybrid version.
I think it was reported that the EV Mustang is due in 2028 and considering that S650 was at some scheduled for 2022... It's now a 2023 car (MY24) and the EV might get pushed back as well. Even if it would be a a MY29, arriving in 2028 it's still a five year run... Considering that almost every car gets updated every 3-4 years and considering the rumors of a 2025 refresh I think it's almost safe to assume that a short two year run is an option in Europe. If the refresh doesn't offer any hybridization Europe won't get it - according to Ford...

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
S650 really looks like an "outside" refresh where the exterior and interior look got updated but everything else remains the same... Slightly updated engine and such but the extremely limited structure remains the same hence noone feels like this is truely a new car...
We will be sure how new the car is once they state if europe get's blind spot monitor plus electric folding mirrors. The reason it wasn't possible on S550 was the harness only had one wire to the mirror and they didn't want to add a 2nd wire for the mirrors just for europe. So if S650 has this flaw again you can be sure even the harness is unchanged.
At least as positive note we know that Dark Horse is getting rear parking sensors. As much as I like the Mach 1, no rear sensors in a $60k+ car was an horrible decision and definitely a reason not to buy the car

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Ford Fusion
As much as I like the Mach 1, no rear sensors in a $60k+ car was an horrible decision and definitely a reason not to buy the car
I understand the GT500 doesn't have them, either. 🙂

CookiemanEU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Convertible GT
Because in nomenclature it is still a budget not a premium class car🙄
Although the front camera and sensors can be always installed aftermarket. Not ideal, but at least possible 👍🏻

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
While I would love to see a front-facing camera and HUD it's a question of cost to produce and cost to purchase. Ford doesn't manufacture Maybachs or Bentley so you aren't going to get every single toy. Mustangs are the Poor Man's Ferrari.
Sponsored