• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Front AND rear pre collision sensors

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
I just received an email where Ford Germany is actually praising the technological abilities of the new Mustang...
Most of it is marketing bla bla and stuff every other car can already do for several years. However, they're saying that there are pre collision sensors in the front and in the back...

Is that some European feature or is the US version also equipped with the front sensors?
Sponsored

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
It's a little misleading to call the rear "pre-collision" sensors. What they're referring to are the little radar "pucks" that help figure out how far a car is behind you when you're backing up. With the use of the BLIS sensors and the rear sensors, the car can determine if there's a car approaching from the left or right of you as you're backing up. I do not see any mention of "active" collision assist i.e. applies brakes for you automatically.
S650 Mustang Front AND rear pre collision sensors 1692974522168

The front pre-collision assist includes both radar and a camera. It is ACTIVE, meaning it can and will apply brakes or steering input to help mitigate a crash.
S650 Mustang Front AND rear pre collision sensors 1692974615400