• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

So whats the general thoughts on 7gen Dud or Stud!!!

Hammerdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 Screw 4x4
I have owned six Mustangs since your car in 2016 (eight years ago).

I hope Ford will concentrate on real buyers and ignore the fake players.
Wow. So I give an opinion on something and I'm called a fake player and insulted by you because I haven't owned as many Mustangs as you? Your sole argument rests on the number of Mustangs youve owned as some sort of pathetic d1ck measuring contest????!!!! Thats hilarious....šŸ˜†

I'm sorry I didn't realize I was on a Camaro forum where guys like you troll, looking for any reason to be an arsehole. I thought I was in a Mustang forum where actual intelligent, meaningful conversation can take place....

I sold my car, which I bought in December of 2005 and owned for over a decade, as i had to raise my 8 children, 4 of which i adopted through fostering. I'm sure somebody like you who is too egocentric, greedy, and self-centered to comprehend something like that wouldnt understand. my kids are now grown and i have time and space for another stang. I've always followed several forums, kept up with mustang development and I've always loved Mustangs since i was in highschool 25 years ago.... I've been around Mustangs pretty much all my life whether I owned them or not, helping friends mod them and race them when i didnt own one myself so screw off with your fake player crap.

Also.... I wasn't going to bring this up, but what the heck.... one good turn of the wrench deserves another I always say.....

2022 - 2016 = 6.

6 years. Not 8.

Might want to check your mathematical abilitiesšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Sponsored

Last edited:

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
the rear looks cheap, like a video game, overall it looks like a camaro.

imo they went too hard into the paint on "modern design" which would be fine if they made it lighter or cheaper but I doubt either of those two things are gonna happen.

honestly i think the EB is the best looking of the designs because it doesn't have all that extra bullshit on it. CLEAN is what i like.

Spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Boxster GTS
Total stud for me, only exception being the way the digital dash was (not) integrated into the whole of the car. Other than that, I'm in for a Dark Horse, unless Ford has plans for a larger displacement V8 with that Tremec 6 speed.

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD: 2016 Mustang V6
Great birth of a fresh design, finally a new name beyond the Mach1, bullitt, Shelby etc. Those are mustang's past family Ancestry. Adding a new child into the family the DH was a brilliant idea. To grow a family in the future new kids are needed! Maybe a 4 door grand coupe in the future? The only thing that might curb the family growth are greed of US dealers. They are adding ADMs that take these funs sports cars out a reach for many future car buyers.

Let us all hope that DH will not become another GT500 when it comes to pricing the vehicle. Please FOMOCO sell it online at MSRP with no allocation limits on production numbers just like the MACH-E and make the Tremec manual standard in the future models. BTW- More manuals will be available when Challenger retires!

Reactions: DRB

Dreamstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT
Stud! I definitely am going to try to get one. We'll see how these dealers act. I'm not a YouTuber so I will not be paying markup fees.

But I agree with the exterior, it's so aggressive imo. I was more partial to the 15-17 models over the 18-23. I'm glad it looks like the 15-17 on steroids. I also agree with you all about the interior. Why these huge screens? Only thing missing is the mood lighting and you have yourself a decent luxury car...... Not really my thing. It'll grow on me.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
December, 2013: "IF WE WANTED A CAR THAT LOOKS LIKE A CAMARO WE WOULD BUY A CAMARO."

There is nothing that I like about this new mustang, it looks confused to me like a cross between the 98 and 99 and nothing like the 05 witch is still the best design IMO the change in 05 has now gone backwards and this is a bummer for mustang lovers, but should increase the value of the 05 body style!
There's plenty like that out there. Always has been.

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think the looks are great. The interior seems like an improvement, but I would have to sit in the car and try out the controls to know for sure if I like it.

Powertrain is MEH. Same crappy gearing. Same smallish 5 liter displacement. No weight reduction. Power is barely changed. Price is probably going to be even higher than the current overpriced models.

I probably won't buy one. If my 2017 got destroyed tomorrow I would probably try to find another 2015-2017 GT PP or I'd buy a 2019/2020 GT350, depending of course on used prices. If used car prices were still crazy like they have been I might just bank the money and drive the GR86 full time for a while.

So after typing all that, I would say the new Mustang is a STUD, but I'm just not super into it at this time.

How do they say that - "It's not you, it's me." Something along those lines.

Now if they come back and say that the dark horse makes 520 or so HP. I might take everything back and look to get one. I'm not sure why, but that last 20 HP might seal the deal for me, whereas 500 just seems like a slight improvement over 480... 520 seems like it would be knocking on the door of GT350 Voodoo power. I realize I might not even feel the difference seat of the pants. But that's how I feel.

I'm acknowledging that what I just said mostly makes no sense, but I'm going to leave it out there anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: DRB

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I think it's a total stud. I'm hoping to get into a GT by 2025, when I'm done paying off my EcoBoost. I'd consider the Dark Horse, but 1) I don't like the gray trim under the headlights, and 2) I don't think I could handle that much Mustang power on a daily basis. šŸ„µ

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Personal opinion:

I like the EcoBoost front end the most but with no 6spd option that car is DOA to me. The GT and DH fronts both are NOT attractive to me. Maybe that will change by the time they go on sale, but right now the GT is Meh at best and the DH looks like they either flipped a Honda Pilot front grill upside down, or they hired a Emo girl to put her eye makeup on a Mustang.

That said this means that Ford has 0 offering for me in the future as Trucks/ SUV's aren't even in my consideration so the alternatives that I am keeping an eye on are:
Camaro SS (just to say I had one before they are gone)
Nissan Z
Supra (now there is manual, but I have 0 faith in BMW long term quality)
Integra Type-S (rumored to be ~300hp and manual)
WRX, the idea of manual and AWD is very appealing to me.
GR Corolla, same reasons as above.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
I have owned six Mustangs since your car in 2016 (eight years ago).

I hope Ford will concentrate on real buyers and ignore the fake players.
So only the rich matter?

Found the 4000pc Snap-On toolbox in the thread. Probably still missing the 10mm.

VooDooGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 Shadow Black, 2021 Ford Bronco
S650 Mustang So whats the general thoughts on 7gen Dud or Stud!!! 65de9a0a-d504-4bcc-a270-f03378161fa2_text

Fidelity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Personal opinion:

I like the EcoBoost front end the most but with no 6spd option that car is DOA to me. The GT and DH fronts both are NOT attractive to me. Maybe that will change by the time they go on sale, but right now the GT is Meh at best and the DH looks like they either flipped a Honda Pilot front grill upside down, or they hired a Emo girl to put her eye makeup on a Mustang.

That said this means that Ford has 0 offering for me in the future as Trucks/ SUV's aren't even in my consideration so the alternatives that I am keeping an eye on are:
Nissan Z
lol a Camaro over this. Silly people.

Fidelity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
The car is a work of art and true Mustang. Fā€™in stud in a girly car show. The interior is 2024 into a ā€œfuture is here nowā€, total EV market, so it only makes sense. Let me roll up on your girly S550 or your dated Camaro in a Dark Horse trim and rev it and literally have you tell me you donā€™t like it? If you donā€™t appreciate this car and canā€™t judge the overall beauty but find a way to complain about any of the inferior options to base your total purchase on you are simply stuck on always complaining about anything ā€œnewā€. Car is dam work of art and crushes the S550 in the muscle department, which is what we ALL ALWAYS WANT yet somehow people think itā€™s not enough? Itā€™s a total nod to the early 70s and truly timeless already! Bottom line is Ford killed it and there is no denying it. Dodge is dead and Camaro too so this is the answer to the whole V8 muscle car loving world. Sporty as a dam Vette yet muscular like a Camaro is not. Itā€™s new age and truly a collection piece. If you are gonna complain about a dam touch screen in 2024 you are stuck in the past and Ford is not. My hats off to Ford. Now let me cold start that Dark Horse and look at you negative Nancyā€™s and smirk at you while everyone on the block runs over to my car. They will look right past your S550 for sure bet! I fā€™in love this car and it makes Dodgeā€™s shit look dated and Camaro look dated as well. When you have to critique down to a dam panel as the reason it is not a worthy you simply need to check back after your ass cools off after you just got slapped with a Mustang design that is out of your time zone! I donā€™t care that you have an opinion because to not say this is a stud is silly as can be.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Personal opinion:

Nissan Z
Strike the Supra from that list dude - it's an abomination not worthy of anyone's time (or the Supra name).
Sponsored