• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
I still think that it needs either a gloss or satin black between the rear lights. It would just look better. To me, it looks like they just forgot to do that and left it as is to get it out there, just like they 'forgot' to integrate the dash board. A lot of forgetting on an otherwise decent looking car.
Sponsored

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
I still think that it needs either a gloss or satin black between the rear lights. It would just look better. To me, it looks like they just forgot to do that and left it as is to get it out there, just like they 'forgot' to integrate the dash board. A lot of forgetting on an otherwise decent looking car.
exactly...the refresh could get a lot of things right.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I think 2018 to 2024 is quite the same step as 2013 to 2015. Of course it still looks a Mustang like it should, but the roof lines and mirrors are the only thing they took from the 2018 model.
1668432433013.png

1668432569312.png

1668432580016.png
… and the trapezoidal grille shape …and the rear Quarter window shape …and the interior door trim …and the entire center console …

comparing it to the ‘18 and up is close enough but doesn’t tell the story as well as comparing the ‘15-17 models to s650. They look VERY similar.

the change from ‘14 to ‘15 was much more drastic in my opinion. The s650 is basically the New Edge s550.

can’t wait for the Cobra/GT500.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I want to say even the roofline is charged. Seeing the s650 and s550 side by side, it seems like the s650 has a slightly rounder roof, and the fastback curves down more rapidly.
thry look similar but you are correct. Ford gave the a mustang a bit more headroom for racers wearing helmets. Ford mentioned this at press events. It looks awesome.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Fuaaaaaaark

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
… and the trapezoidal grille shape …and the rear Quarter window shape …and the interior door trim …and the entire center console …

comparing it to the ‘18 and up is close enough but doesn’t tell the story as well as comparing the ‘15-17 models to s650. They look VERY similar.

the change from ‘14 to ‘15 was much more drastic in my opinion. The s650 is basically the New Edge s550.

can’t wait for the Cobra/GT500.
Exactly...lol. I too am thinking that a special edition/performance model is the only hope that Ford has to convince me that I need to drop my 2015. There's really not much of a visual difference/the S650 looks like a lot of what the 2018 refresh should have been. The rear reminds me so much of a 2010 as far as application goes...just a bit of a weird car at present, IMHO, and I need to see what happens when designers get an excuse to tweak it further.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I missed that he actually designed the drift brake and steering wheel!

But, yeah, I hope he keeps it in one piece when he gets his own!

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Wait, how is there a GT PP1 with dual exhaust in that picture? I thought all the GT's were quad exhaust like the '18+, is quad going to be a separate add on?

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
I'm going to go there after waiting to see if anybody would do it...but I wonder how many people didn't realize that the one pic is of a 2016 lol.

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
So there were some pics of the rear end on another thread and I wasn't sure about the rear grey plastic bumper, but then I see these pics and it looks great to me again. I just wonder if body color matching the plastic bumpers would clean it up a little, or would it look awkward?
Lighting and camera quality makes or breaks it, especially for not seeing it in person. S550's plastic can look the same way, washed out and gray on some photos but rich and dark on others.

Body color may be too much in back, but perhaps. I think hitting all the plastic ground effects with a nice coat of gloss black would do a great many favors in making them mate with the other painted surfaces, and blend in better. (though I am quite biased for gloss over matte :giggle:)

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 Track Pack Black, 1967GT Fastback S code, 2020 GT500 Silver & black stripes
Alongside the Dark Horse is a grabber blue GT. Several other colors seen in a second photo.

Via Gabriel Wathne in the 2015+ Mustang S550 Group on Facebook: “I had a work conference in Detroit all of last week. Drove my 16 GT out all the way from home (Boston area) and stopped by the Flat Rock plant yesterday where the Mustangs are all built. Got to look at some of the new 2024s and I have to say I’m not crazy about them. Regardless it was a great homecoming for my car and very cool to see all the new Stangs in the shipment lot.”

CC5CFDB4-93D9-4769-878D-40C8C71B791A.jpeg

C6C8C73C-FB8C-4376-A801-1E0E43FEDFC3.jpeg
They are very Camaro like, especially from the front.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Exactly...lol. I too am thinking that a special edition/performance model is the only hope that Ford has to convince me that I need to drop my 2015. There's really not much of a visual difference/the S650 looks like a lot of what the 2018 refresh should have been. The rear reminds me so much of a 2010 as far as application goes...just a bit of a weird car at present, IMHO, and I need to see what happens when designers get an excuse to tweak it further.
i agree, though I do think it’s a nice evolution. I just really dislike the effort by ford to pretend it’s an all new car when it SO OBVIOUSLY isn’t. but it’s a nice facelift/refinement/upgrade from the 20-8-up. I like it. I’m just also realistic about what it is vs. what it isn’t. It’s Fords way of saving money while keeping the pony car going until they figure out what the next big platform tech will be. I think they did a pretty good job overall. Am I blown away? No. Do I think they could have done better? Of course. But they honestly did better than I thought they would.