• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 everywhere at the Flat Rock plant! [updated w/ video!]

OP
OP

Rick Deppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
I feel like I warned ya.. They take this stuff very seriously and have many people in this group
They do have people in this group. I know for sure. Only way they knew somethings was from this form. So we need to be careful. I should have been anonymous on you, Tube, and on here. I'm stupid and put my real name as username and on YouTube
Sponsored

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
Frustrating that they are ready, able and quick to police every little situation but can't provide a working configurator or tracking tool. Everyone knows the configurator is trash and below is the tracking tool for me even though I have had a VIN for 46 days now. PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S650 Mustang S650 everywhere at the Flat Rock plant! [updated w/ video!] 1686956140908

OP
OP

Rick Deppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Frustrating that they are ready, able and quick to police every little situation but can't provide a working configurator or tracking tool. Everyone knows the configurator is trash and below is the tracking tool for me even though I have had a VIN for 46 days now. PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1686956140908.png
That's exactly why I wanted to go. We didn't know what we were getting with the packages we ordered. We didn't know for sure they were producing them. The tracker sucks. And the order website doesn't show us what we are getting. Now we know. "Some what" There is a ford dealer right across the street. We should be able to drive there and pick them up. That way our cars don't get damaged during transit or what ever else. Pick them up with little to no miles on them. Or just pick them up straight from the factory like some other car manufacturer do.

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
This is much better. I can't upload in 4k on YouTube. But playing it back you can see better

20230616_205620.jpg
Nice! They look like bodies that they painted but didn't finish building with. Defective maybe?

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
That's exactly why I wanted to go. We didn't know what we were getting with the packages we ordered. We didn't know for sure they were producing them. The tracker sucks. And the order website doesn't show us what we are getting. Now we know. "Some what" There is a ford dealer right across the street. We should be able to drive there and pick them up. That way our cars don't get damaged during transit or what ever else. Pick them up with little to no miles on them. Or just pick them up straight from the factory like some other car manufacturer do.
Honestly one of the best parts of buying a Tesla. You can pick it up from the factory itself, or have it delivered to your closest service center (or even your house!) and just go pick it up with just your phone.

Ford chooses not to do direct to consumer sales because of the dealership model.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
Did not see any delivery trucks but did see three dark horses an atlas blue, grabber blue, and Oxford white looked very sexy indeed. Only snapped a few photos before was approached by an employee. Won’t post them to avoid any issues lol but only took photos of the cars themselves and nothing else (please don’t be mad Ford just excited).

All Terrain NAtion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
You do understand they are not YOUR cars till a dealership pays for them from Ford then sells the product to you right?
now that being said Corvettes can be picked up from the museum next to the plant in Kentucky. The fee is pretty steep but it’s a nice touch my GM to give more of an experience to the purchase. I was told Ford May start snapping photos of the Mustangs in the line like they do with Bronco but nothing has been confirmed.
We are all so used to the Amazon way that we tend to forget cars and trucks are not next day deliveries. I’m just as guilty as the next person.

Damian_21ST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
The less Dark Horse I see the better.
I really dislike the looks of that car.
You may but i dont but yes the less the better ppl are canecling their orders bc its taking forever but i dont mind bc ill get mine sooner so im hoping more ppl cancel theirs haha

NotAMustangFanYet_011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not A Mustang
I swear that a few YouTubers took parts of your video and used it in theirs. I will try and find it later, assuming that they also aren't taken down.

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
I swear that a few YouTubers took parts of your video and used it in theirs. I will try and find it later, assuming that they also aren't taken down.
I did too on Instagram. About 5 or so days ago

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
You do understand they are not YOUR cars till a dealership pays for them from Ford then sells the product to you right?
We all understand that.

His point was simply it would be nice to have the option to pick up vehicles the from the plant, and to your point with the Corvette example, it's certainly something that *CAN* be implemented.

We know it's not realistic due to all the fiefdoms/politics with dealers, but we can still complain and/or dream about it. 😜

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Video has been removed. Something happened. I hope the Rock didn't come knocking on his door.
Yeah, I figured Ford would resort to that (YouTube copyright claim) and Rick probably got a "stern" talking to from their legal team and YouTube.

I suspect it won't go much further than that though, unlike what some of the cryptic posts from earlier seemed to imply.
Sponsored

Last edited: