• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
i agree, though I do think it’s a nice evolution. I just really dislike the effort by ford to pretend it’s an all new car when it SO OBVIOUSLY isn’t. but it’s a nice facelift/refinement/upgrade from the 20-8-up. I like it. I’m just also realistic about what it is vs. what it isn’t. It’s Fords way of saving money while keeping the pony car going until they figure out what the next big platform tech will be. I think they did a pretty good job overall. Am I blown away? No. Do I think they could have done better? Of course. But they honestly did better than I thought they would.
Yup...it's very much New Edge or 2010 vs 2005-2009 all over again; Ford could have called this thing an S550 refresh and I'd view it more favorably. The gen 8 vehicle is going to be far more intetesting and "new" with a lot more effort and R&D thrown at it...Dodge and company going electric first is a great way to make sure Ford stays on task and on point with something big for Gen 8 vs the S650 "get me over/more from what we have/morenfrom what we know" approach. Call it what it is verses trying to fool me into thinking more of it.
Sponsored

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Yup...it's very much New Edge or 2010 vs 2005-2009 all over again; Ford could have called this thing an S550 refresh and I'd view it more favorably. The gen 8 vehicle is going to be far more intetesting and "new" with a lot more effort and R&D thrown at it...Dodge and company going electric first is a great way to make sure Ford stays on task and on point with something big for Gen 8 vs the S650 "get me over/more from what we have/morenfrom what we know" approach. Call it what it is verses trying to fool me into thinking more of it.
Yea, but Gen 8 is going to be electric/electrified......ew.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
I would not say ew. If your woes are with charging and range, that will be fixed by that time that gen 8 comes around. If it is with sound, the mustang will likely have some sort of exhaust like borla's or the "fratzonic exhaust from dodge." Maybe it is character, or handling characteristics of a front engine, V8, muscle car. My guess is ford could put a low revving (for an electric motor), powerful electric motor where the V8 used to be and pair it with a stick shift. Either way, it will be satisfyingly fun because ford is able (and has to) work on a clean slate.

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
My "please Ford" is that they introduce a bangup special edition/performance edition S650 that wins me over...that will be a nice segway into buying an electric Gen 8 around year two or three after the kinks have been worked out. Ideally, something like a 2026 Mach 1 to last me until a 2033 GT or whatever makes sense. Until then, I'm riding out my 2015 happily.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Ha! My thoughts too. But I do t think Ford will let it just be some stale RC car with vacuum cleaner noises. It’s why we have s650. Buys time to R&D, test, and execute well. I think they’ll mail it - so long as those responsible for the Mach e stay the heck away and let the sports car guys do their thing.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
I’ve seen this comment a lot lately. They’re offering the dark horse now. I know a lot of y’all don’t like it. But it’s a high performance spec lol. There might be one other NA performance car in the s650. maybe like as dodge did their last call. They didn’t reinvent the wheel for the s650, what makes you think they’re going to put much effort into a refresh? What would you guys want Ford to put out, that’s NA and more capable than(what we assume) the dark horse will be? I know a different front clip and diffuser wouldn’t be alot to ask of them, as those are two of the biggest gripes, and I get that.

My "please Ford" is that they introduce a bangup special edition/performance edition S650 that wins me over...that will be a nice segway into buying an electric Gen 8 around year two or three after the kinks have been worked out. Ideally, something like a 2026 Mach 1 to last me until a 2033 GT or whatever makes sense. Until then, I'm riding out my 2015 happily.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
You guys are speculating about Gen8 which won't be on the market before 2030. Who knows what the world will turn into until then. Can't be bothered to think about Gen8 to be honest.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Not according to an article that came out a while back, where they were saying gen 8 would also be keeping the ICE and not going full electric
I remember Jim saying that, especially if the consumers want it - he said something to that effect. Not sure I buy it just yet. Even if it's a hybrid setup, I'm old school, I prefer pure ICE.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I remember Jim saying that, especially if the consumers want it - he said something to that effect. Not sure I buy it just yet. Even if it's a hybrid setup, I'm old school, I prefer pure ICE.
I wouldn't mind a hybrid setup if they managed to slap motors on the front wheels, but pure EV, I'll be looking at a million other options when that time comes; Ford will not be at the top of my list. They'd have to come up with some crazy gimmick that makes sense, kind of like what Hyundai's doing with its RN22e (drift mode, simulated gearbox, etc).

(gear sim @ 4:38, brief drifting shortly after)
Sponsored