• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 production ending in 2028 - according to new union contract

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
expected

availability has lately grown

consumer acceptance has grown only linearly.

Those trends will likely continue
Sponsored

Zach@Granger

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
S650 Ford Mustang Production Will End In 2028 (musclecarsandtrucks.com)

saying could potentially share platform with next gen Mach E after that - could this really be the end?? :curse:
It would be due for a new ground up refresh. Granted, this can change, but at a Ford meeting about a year ago some of the Ford executive team spoke of how they were dedicated to ICE engines for the forseeable future in both the Mustang and Bronco.

I think the lackluster demand on EV would only reinforce this. I can see a hybrid option, lower availability of a V8, but I think it'll continue.

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6spd California Black
I think like second hand book stores, there will always be hard core enthusiasts for petrol or manual cars (im one of them)
But they will get phased out until a point where no younger person would even know what a petrol car is, and i cant see manual making a come back unless some famous people start a comeback trend.

Is it even possible to have a proper manual EV?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I think like second hand book stores, there will always be hard core enthusiasts for petrol or manual cars (im one of them)
But they will get phased out until a point where no younger person would even know what a petrol car is, and i cant see manual making a come back unless some famous people start a comeback trend.

Is it even possible to have a proper manual EV?
Driven: Toyota's manual gearbox for electric cars | Autocar

Probably the nearest you will get

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I'm sure there will be limited editions along the way, Ford always do.

I'm equally sure what happens post 2028 will depend on how the Mustang sells and if demand is still there. Coupe's are declining in sales everywhere. I like a coupe, but I was not brought up on a diet of SUV's and even electric SUV's which the current generation are. And it is the current generation that will be buying new cars in 2030's and beyond.
Everything old becomes new again my friend. One of the biggest flaws with modern business operation is the assumption if someone is popular, it always will be. The appetite and desire for a new vehicle shape tends to arise during generational shifts.

No-one wants to drive what their parents drove. When parents drove station wagons, younger people wanted vans. People who grew up with vans wanted SUVs. Now, young people who've grown up with suvs seem to be gravitating back towards cars. The mach-e is a hatchback, Kias mach-e rival is literally just a sports wagon with some cladding.

MaddNomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRC
In future electric variants… SURE!!

BOSS-E, SHELB-E

honestly I think the dark horse will help kill off all these old nameplates, no need for bullets or boss, machs or Shelby’s anymore… old ass shit from the 1900s… let the past die already.
They would just rename those old cars. Mach 1 becomes the Dark Horse, GT500 becomes the Cobra (again), Bullet becomes the “Wick” 😂

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

i did a search based on your link
and found this

Quite a decent setup to be honest but.... i don't think i could ever accept an artificial manual
Know no

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
Ever wonder why hydrogen has not already taken off if it is so good?

Cost and lack of infrastructure.
Ammonia is cheap enough. Problem with H2 is it's a bitch to handle and does all kinds of NASTY things to metal. And burns with an invisible flame so your car could be on fire and you'd never know. (ok, slight exaggeration)

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really? They are investing massive amounts of money in EV's and introducing new models at an incredible rate.
And yet, here we are discussing a nice little ice that also just so happens to be restricted by a battery.

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
What freezes and is game over?
the electrolyte. ice crystals breach the barrier and now you're sitting on a VERY unstable fire starter. The pack dare not freeze. Ever. The cars have circuitry to run the heating elements and circulate the coolant to keep the pack from succumbing. Which of course drains the battery.
Sponsored