• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary

Leviathan

Threads
Reaction score
It could just be the camo, but does the hood appear to have a raised crease in the middle similar to the 69/70 Mustangs? Whatevr it is It seems consistent across all of them sitting there.

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang Prototypes Spied High Altitude Testing FB_IMG_1651658850364

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
A few observations.

1 - Why the !?*% did this person only take one photo? 😛
The windows appear down on one of them, so a potential to grab some more interior shots, never mind some decent close-ups..........unless, of course, the test team were just out of shot themselves!

2 - The "middle" car appears to have wheels we've not seen yet on any of the prototypes (single 5 spoke design)

3 - I wonder what their time up the hill was :giggle:

As for the crease in the hood.......all the prototypes to date have had this. I suspect it's done so that the camo doesn't follow the exact line of the hood, helping to disguise it further.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
It could just be the camo, but does the hood appear to have a raised crease in the middle similar to the 69/70 Mustangs? Whatevr it is It seems consistent across all of them sitting there.

FB_IMG_1651658850364.jpg
This fake padding on the hood was on every prototype yet 😁

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang Prototypes Spied High Altitude Testing 2024mustangpricin

Last edited by a moderator:

Terlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Front end again looks higher than s550. No rake. Mustang is becoming less sporty. (Thanks EV)

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Front end again looks higher than s550. No rake. Mustang is becoming less sporty. (Thanks EV)
Idk man, first off, as the s650 isn't an ev, I don't know what you mean by thanks ev. Secondly, the fender height looks to be comparable with the s550,with the headlights and grille looking slightly lower than the s550. Maybe you're right, time will tell. But for now, the front end on this doesn't appear to be any higher than the s550.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I meant the design seems influenced by the Mach E.
I can kinda see what you're talking about with the tri-bar theme in the headlights, how it's more spaced out like the mach-e's tri-bar design. But at the end of the day, the mach-e's design is just a take on mustang coupe design elements. So if we're complaining about the s650 using mach-e elements, what we're ultimately saying is we're mad ford is using mustang design elements on a mustang. That argument just doesn't make sense to me.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I can kinda see what you're talking about with the tri-bar theme in the headlights, how it's more spaced out like the mach-e's tri-bar design. But at the end of the day, the mach-e's design is just a take on mustang coupe design elements. So if we're complaining about the s650 using mach-e elements, what we're ultimately saying is we're mad ford is using mustang design elements on a mustang. That argument just doesn't make sense to me.
Also wasn't the s650 designed before the Mach-e anyways

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
Also wasn't the s650 designed before the Mach-e anyways
No, not at all. The Mach E design was frozen 4 years ago and defined in general styling before that around late 2017.

New-S650 barely got underway exactly 5 years ago, but designers probably got to it in 2018 and then worked on it until 2020.

Old S650 (CD6) paralleled the Mach E, being due for final sign-offs in late 2017 in Design.

Or at the very least they were designed around the same time.
The CX727 Mach E was designed 4-5 years ago and finalized in 2018. S650 design work trails that somewhat, by 2 years. 2020 was the year things became definitive for S650, with expectation in 2020 development it would launch in 2022.

On CD6, it would've required a high lead gap of some 3 years without delays.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Makes sense to me. A minivan like the Mach E is more of a box shape, so trying to make them look similar and part of the same family means the Mustang may end up having a more boxy shape - ie. higher grill at a minimum.
Sponsored